Author Topic: Paul Ryan on Amnesty: Not a Matter of 'If' but 'When'  (Read 1054 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Paul Ryan on Amnesty: Not a Matter of 'If' but 'When'
« on: March 27, 2014, 04:49:29 pm »
http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2014/03/26/Paul-Ryan-on-Amnesty-Not-a-Matter-of-If-but-When

by Tony Lee 27 Mar 2014, 1:56 AM PDT

On Wednesday, Rep. Paul Ryan (R-WI) told the Hispanic Chamber of Commerce that amnesty legislation is inevitable.  “To me, it’s not a question of ‘if’ we fix our broken immigration laws,” Ryan said at a breakfast event, according to Politico. “It’s really a question of ‘when.’”

Ryan reportedly told the audience to "please know that we understand the value of immigration."

“We know its importance; we know its roots, its history here in America; and we have ideas on how to make this go forward and make it work so that we do have the rule of law, so that we do have reform, so that we’re not in the same position 15 years down the road," he said.

Though momentum for immigration reform stalled after Sens. Ted Cruz (R-TX) and Jeff Sessions (R-AL) declared the House GOP leadership's "immigration principles" document to be amnesty, House Speaker John Boehner (R-OH) and President Barack Obama have indicated they want to get immigration legislation "done" this year. And Ryan said recently that the GOP leadership is searching for the votes to make that happen.

“We don’t have the votes right now,” he said in a recent interview with the Janesville Gazette. “Right now, we’re working hard to find where that consensus lies.”

RNC Chairman Reince Priebus spoke before Ryan at the gathering and said, regarding immigration reform, “We have to do something."

House Democrats unveiled a discharge petition on Wednesday to try to force a vote on amnesty legislation, but it is highly unlikely the petition will get the 218 signatures that are needed.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Howie66

• MOLON LABE & SEMPER FI!
Re: Paul Ryan on Amnesty: Not a Matter of 'If' but 'When'
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2014, 05:28:40 pm »
Note to Ryan: Put a sock in it, son. Your time is up.
I come in peace, I didn't bring artillery.  But I am pleading with you with tears in my eyes:  If you bleep with me, I'll kill you all.

Marine General James Mattis, to Iraqi tribal leaders (Note: Mattis did NOT say "BLEEP". He threw the F Bomb)

I didn't enlist in the Corps just to watch my country become a Third World Communist Shit-hole. Don't know anyone who did.

Offline flowers

« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2014, 06:37:33 pm »
Mr Ryan you are the enemy.

Offline Gazoo

• Inactive Members
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2014, 06:44:21 pm »
Is there anyone that is not the enemy?
"The Tea Party has a right to feel cheated.

When does the Republican Party, put in the majority by the Tea Party, plan to honor its commitment to halt the growth of the Federal monolith and bring the budget back into balance"?

Online Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2014, 10:37:17 pm »
Tell me again why I felt thrilled when he was chosen by Romney.  I can't seem to remember ...   :nometalk:

Offline Atomic Cow

• High Yield Minion
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2014, 10:55:58 pm »
The GOP is determined to commit suicide.
"...And these atomic bombs which science burst upon the world that night were strange, even to the men who used them."  H. G. Wells, The World Set Free, 1914

"The one pervading evil of democracy is the tyranny of the majority, or rather of that party, not always the majority, that succeeds, by force or fraud, in carrying elections." -Lord Acton

Offline MBB1984

« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2014, 12:30:40 am »
Pass amnesty and it will not be a question of "if" the GOP will be annihilated, but "when."

Oceander

« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2014, 01:00:11 am »
You can deny reality all you want to, but that won't stop it from hitting you like a ton of bricks.  There are only two choices for the GOP:  (1) like a man trying to stop a river from flowing by standing in its midst with his hands out - until he's swept away by the current - vainly oppose any sort of legitimate immigration reform along these lines and make enemies of the very people the GOP is going to depend on to remain politically viable in the near future, or (2) like a judo expert - skilled at turning the opponent's own momentum against him - work with the momentum of the oncoming flood to direct it into beds that are more benign and that do not do violence to the fundamental principles on which America was built (I'll give you a hint, they don't include a xenophobic reaction to "ferners"), and continue building and expanding the GOP's political base into the future.

It's stark, it's harsh, it's not your daddy's immigration, but it's reality.  Deal with it.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2014, 01:38:02 am »
[[ “To me, it’s not a question of ‘if’ we fix our broken immigration laws,”  ]]

The laws themselves aren't "broken".

The only thing that has broke is the will to enforce them.

Not counting the millions who have "broken" the laws!

There is no reason we have to submit and have this shoved down our throats.
What was stated in the post directly above this is nonsense.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2014, 01:47:41 am by Fishrrman »

Offline MBB1984

« Reply #9 on: March 28, 2014, 12:15:35 pm »
You can deny reality all you want to, but that won't stop it from hitting you like a ton of bricks.  There are only two choices for the GOP:  (1) like a man trying to stop a river from flowing by standing in its midst with his hands out - until he's swept away by the current - vainly oppose any sort of legitimate immigration reform along these lines and make enemies of the very people the GOP is going to depend on to remain politically viable in the near future, or (2) like a judo expert - skilled at turning the opponent's own momentum against him - work with the momentum of the oncoming flood to direct it into beds that are more benign and that do not do violence to the fundamental principles on which America was built (I'll give you a hint, they don't include a xenophobic reaction to "ferners"), and continue building and expanding the GOP's political base into the future.

It's stark, it's harsh, it's not your daddy's immigration, but it's reality.  Deal with it.

The truth is that the GOP will NEVER get the immigrant vote, whether legal or illegal. That is the reality.  Even the Asian immigrants, those who logically should vote Republican, vote democrat overwhelmingly.  Historically, the democrat party has always been the immigrant party.   The only chance the GOP has for salvation is to slow the immigration flow, particularly the flow of illegal immigrants.

Offline Gazoo

• Inactive Members
« Reply #10 on: March 28, 2014, 12:42:50 pm »
Everyone jumped to bash Paul Ryan.

All's he needs to do is keep saying this over & over

“We don’t have the votes right now,” he said in a recent interview with the Janesville Gazette. “Right now, we’re working hard to find where that consensus lies.”
"The Tea Party has a right to feel cheated.

When does the Republican Party, put in the majority by the Tea Party, plan to honor its commitment to halt the growth of the Federal monolith and bring the budget back into balance"?

Offline flowers

« Reply #11 on: March 28, 2014, 03:24:35 pm »
Is there anyone that is not the enemy?
Cruz, Gowdy  aren't the enemy

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #12 on: March 28, 2014, 03:40:02 pm »
[[ “To me, it’s not a question of ‘if’ we fix our broken immigration laws,”  ]]

The laws themselves aren't "broken".

The only thing that has broke is the will to enforce them.

Not counting the millions who have "broken" the laws!

There is no reason we have to submit and have this shoved down our throats.
What was stated in the post directly above this is nonsense.

BRAVO! Well said! And I completely concur!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien