Author Topic: Jimmy Carter: Obama the Only President So Far Not to Call Me for Advice  (Read 913 times)

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!

Jimmy Carter: Obama the Only President So Far Not to Call Me for Advice
Josh Feldman

Jimmy Carter has been very active in the decades since his presidency, and his successors have occasionally called for his advice. Except, it turns out, the current occupant of the office. A clip from Carter’s upcoming Meet the Press interview reveals that President Obama is the first president since Carter left office not to solicit the Southern Democrat’s advice.

Carter explained, “President Clinton did and President George W. Bush and H.W. Bush and even Ronald Reagan used to call on us to go into sensitive areas.” They all asked Carter to deal with “unsavory characters,” but Obama hasn’t reached out to Carter for similar consulting.

Carter admitted he couldn’t answer with “complete candor,” only saying that it was the result of a dispute between the administration and the Carter Center on Middle East policy, a “sensitive area in which the president didn’t want to be involved.” Carter, however, holds no ill will towards Obama, because he “understand those sensitivities” and doesn’t have a problem with Obama not actively soliciting him.

video at link:  http://www.mediaite.com/online/jimmy-carter-obama-the-only-president-so-far-not-to-call-me-for-advice/

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!

Plausible deniability......

"Uh.....don't look at me!   Didn't speak to him in EIGHT YEARS!   EIGHT YEARS, I tell ya!"
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Oceander

Carter's egocentrism and senile dementia strike again.  Other than as a nicety or a formality, I cannot see why Reagan would need to speak with Carter, other than perhaps to ask him where he so churlishly hid the keys to the executive wash room.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

Somehow this makes it a little harder for me to say Obama is a complete f**k up.

Offline R4 TrumPence

:mauslaff: :mauslaff:

I am Repub4Bush on FR '02

Offline mountaineer

Obama: "If that ol' crazy ass cracka thinks I'm going to waste my time talking to him ..."
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org