Author Topic: Pelosi: Health law is a ‘winner’ for Democrats  (Read 581 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Pelosi: Health law is a ‘winner’ for Democrats
« on: March 20, 2014, 06:08:57 pm »
http://dyn.politico.com/printstory.cfm?uuid=87D68B1C-AEE5-4811-8141-44A2021A5CDB

Pelosi: Health law is a ‘winner’ for Democrats
By: Paige Winfield Cunningham
March 20, 2014 11:22 AM EDT

House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi said the health care law is a “winner,” when asked whether it’s a winning or losing issue for Democrats in swing districts this year.

“You’ll have to ask the member, but I believe it’s a winner,” she told reporters as she marked this Sunday’s fourth anniversary of the law’s passage.

Pelosi maintained that the Florida House special election last week, in which Democrat Alex Sink was defeated by a Republican in a race where the health care law was a major issue, showed that Democrats are “ready for the next putt” because the final results were close.

Pelosi also emphasized that health law’s name, the Affordable Care Act, is important because it describes what the law will do: lower costs. She said opponents started using “Obamacare” because they “wanted to get away from the word ‘affordable,’” she added.

She said she’s made that point to President Barack Obama, who has himself used the term “Obamacare” at times.

“And by the way, it’s called the Affordable Care Act,” she told a reporter, repeating the law’s name several times. “I know you didn’t intend anything derogatory, but it’s called the Affordable Care Act. I tell [Obama] the same thing I told you. Affordable — there’s a reason.”
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Oceander

Re: Pelosi: Health law is a ‘winner’ for Democrats
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2014, 12:13:17 am »
/snicker

Offline Howie66

• MOLON LABE & SEMPER FI!
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2014, 12:59:10 pm »
This woman is a blithering idiot. Then again, nothing new about this.
I come in peace, I didn't bring artillery.  But I am pleading with you with tears in my eyes:  If you bleep with me, I'll kill you all.

Marine General James Mattis, to Iraqi tribal leaders (Note: Mattis did NOT say "BLEEP". He threw the F Bomb)

I didn't enlist in the Corps just to watch my country become a Third World Communist Shit-hole. Don't know anyone who did.

Offline Chieftain

• AMF, YOYO
  • Your what hurts??
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2014, 01:48:25 pm »
Zealotry??  Early onset Alzheimers??  Brain rot??  Maybe she is in dire need of a good trepanning???  Perhaps a thorough bleeding might help drain those delusional vapors......

:smokin:

« Last Edit: March 23, 2014, 01:48:56 pm by Chieftain »

Offline Howie66

• MOLON LABE & SEMPER FI!
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2014, 01:59:28 pm »
Zealotry??  Early onset Alzheimers??  Brain rot??  Maybe she is in dire need of a good trepanning???  Perhaps a thorough bleeding might help drain those delusional vapors......

:smokin:
All of the above?
I think that she needs a nice long rest. Someplace really quiet and peaceful. Fort Leavenworth, Kansas comes to mind.
I come in peace, I didn't bring artillery.  But I am pleading with you with tears in my eyes:  If you bleep with me, I'll kill you all.

Marine General James Mattis, to Iraqi tribal leaders (Note: Mattis did NOT say "BLEEP". He threw the F Bomb)

I didn't enlist in the Corps just to watch my country become a Third World Communist Shit-hole. Don't know anyone who did.