Author Topic: White House pastry chef resigns: ‘I don’t want to demonize cream, butter, sugar and eggs’  (Read 599 times)

Offline Gazoo

• Inactive Members

12:55 PM 03/18/2014

Patrick Howley
Political Reporter

White House executive pastry chef Bill Yosses is resigning after First Lady Michelle Obama fundamentally changed his job duties to focus on healthier food.

Yosses is leaving the White House in June to work on a new project focusing on “food literacy” and The New York Times says Michelle is “partly to blame.” The openly gay chef was hired by Laura Bush in 2007 to make his trademark cookie plates and sugar sculptures. Mrs. Obama took over in 2009 and ordered Yosses to make healthier plates in smaller portions.

Yosses began replacing butter with fruit puree and sugar with honey and agave. But Yosses was never fully committed to the new policy.

http://dailycaller.com/2014/03/18/white-house-pastry-chef-resigns-i-dont-want-to-demonize-cream-butter-sugar-and-eggs/
"The Tea Party has a right to feel cheated.

When does the Republican Party, put in the majority by the Tea Party, plan to honor its commitment to halt the growth of the Federal monolith and bring the budget back into balance"?

Offline sinkspur

Does Mooch look any smaller?

I'll swear, she's preaching all this healthy eating and her butt is as big as it was five years ago.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline Gazoo

• Inactive Members
Michelle Obama said in a statement that she is “incredibly sad to see Bill Yosses go.”

“I am also so grateful to him for his outstanding work, not just as the White House pastry chef, producing the most delectable creations for everything from birthday celebrations to state visits, but also as a key partner helping us get the White House kitchen garden off the ground and building a healthier future for our next generation. I wish Bill and his husband, Charlie, all the best in their future endeavors,” Michelle Obama said.
"The Tea Party has a right to feel cheated.

When does the Republican Party, put in the majority by the Tea Party, plan to honor its commitment to halt the growth of the Federal monolith and bring the budget back into balance"?

Offline musiclady

I remember seeing some of his masterpieces (Bush WH at Christmas).  I don't blame him for leaving if he has to use fruit puree instead of butter.

Michelle Obama is a joke.

An overweight joke.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
I remember seeing some of his masterpieces (Bush WH at Christmas).  I don't blame him for leaving if he has to use fruit puree instead of butter.

Michelle Obama is a joke.

An overweight joke.

You're being kind.

She's a fat-a$$ed joke.

Besides, this guy is a pastry chef for God's sake!  Take away his cream, butter, sugar and eggs and you might as well cut off his hands!
Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline mountaineer

The openly gay chef was hired by Laura Bush in 2007
:shrug: What has this to do with his culinary skills?
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline musiclady

You're being kind.

She's a fat-a$$ed joke.

Besides, this guy is a pastry chef for God's sake!  Take away his cream, butter, sugar and eggs and you might as well cut off his hands!

Exactly.  The whole thing is ridiculous.

I'm afraid after 3 more years of this, nothing in this country is going to taste good.    **nononono*
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Oceander

You're being kind.

She's a fat-a$$ed joke.

absolutely.  one might as well ask a democrat to start behaving himself and obeying the law!