Author Topic: Gibbs Calls WH Advisor a Paid Liar  (Read 1088 times)

Offline Rapunzel

Gibbs Calls WH Advisor a Paid Liar
« on: March 17, 2014, 07:10:45 am »
http://www.weeklystandard.com/blogs/gibbs-calls-wh-advisor-paid-liar_785181.html

Gibbs Calls WH Advisor a Paid Liar
'Honesty--you can only go so far in Washington when you're employed.'
11:14 AM, Mar 16, 2014 • By DANIEL HALPER\

Former White House press secretary Robert Gibbs said Dan Pfeiffer, an advisor to President Obama, wasn't telling the truth:

"If [Obama] doesn't get more involved in raising money and making this a choice, as Dan Pfeiffer said, you lose the Senate. And if you lose the Senate, turnout the lights because the party's over," said Gibbs on NBC this morning.

NBC host David Gregory asked, "Is the Senate in danger?"

"Definitely," said Gibbs. "Absolutely."

"How come Dan Pfeiffer didn't say it?" asked Gregory, referring to Pfeiffer's appearance on the show earlier in broadcast.

"I did the same thing a few years ago on your show and I still have tire tracks from Nancy Pelosi for saying what I thought. Honesty--you can only go so far in Washington when you're employed. As a consultant I can say all these things now," said Gibbs.
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Online mountaineer

Re: Gibbs Calls WH Advisor a Paid Liar
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2014, 11:52:56 am »
Oh, so now Gibbs is telling the truth. Got it.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Chieftain

• AMF, YOYO
  • Your what hurts??
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2014, 11:54:45 am »
Gibbsy would know....

:smokin:

Offline aligncare

« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2014, 12:22:25 pm »
Government's former White House spokesidiot gains scruples – now that he's in the "free" market.

Offline Gazoo

• Inactive Members
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2014, 12:38:53 pm »
Gibbs Warns Obama: If You Lose The Senate, "Lights Out, The Party's Over" | Video | RealClearPolitics
http://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2014/03/16/gibbs_warns_obama_if_you_lose_the_senate_lights_out_partys_over.html
"The Tea Party has a right to feel cheated.

When does the Republican Party, put in the majority by the Tea Party, plan to honor its commitment to halt the growth of the Federal monolith and bring the budget back into balance"?

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2014, 01:17:34 pm »
If Gibbs thinks he is informing us of something we didn't previously know I have news for him! He's not!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Gazoo

• Inactive Members
« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2014, 01:55:50 pm »
Do we live in crazy world? We have Gibbs who was the first Baghdad Bob liar for Obama calling Baghdad Bob Jay Carney a paid liar. Did I miss something or are we living in a cray cray world now?
"The Tea Party has a right to feel cheated.

When does the Republican Party, put in the majority by the Tea Party, plan to honor its commitment to halt the growth of the Federal monolith and bring the budget back into balance"?

Online mountaineer

« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2014, 02:19:15 pm »
Do we live in crazy world? We have Gibbs who was the first Baghdad Bob liar for Obama calling Baghdad Bob Jay Carney a paid liar. Did I miss something or are we living in a cray cray world now?
No, you've pretty much nailed it.  :th_10444:
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2014, 02:24:22 pm »

He did not call his replacement, Jay Carney, a liar. 

He called Dan Pfeiffer, an Obama adviser, a liar.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Chieftain

• AMF, YOYO
  • Your what hurts??
« Reply #9 on: March 17, 2014, 02:24:48 pm »

yah...who would have ever believed that Gibbsy would be one of the most vocal critics of the Obama Administration??  But beware of not just the messenger but his message as well   I think what drives him most is that he and many others like him feel let down because Obama was not liberal/progressive enough. It isn't that Gibbsy thinks Obama has gone too far, he thinks Obama has not gone far enough....