Author Topic: Trump: Putin "toying with" Obama  (Read 527 times)

rangerrebew

Trump: Putin "toying with" Obama
« on: March 07, 2014, 11:17:02 am »
March 06, 2014, 05:30 pm
Trump: Putin 'toying with' Obama

By Cameron Joseph 

Donald Trump blasted President Obama's leadership in a meandering speech to the Conservative Political Action Conference Thursday, saying America had lost its prestige abroad and that the president was sinking at home.

Trump was greeted by applause, though many in the audience seemed perplexed by the speech.

"Our leadership is so weak and so pathetic. ... They have no respect for our leader and frankly they have no respect any longer for our great country," Trump said about China and other world powers.

The business mogul and reality TV star said he was recently in Moscow, where his Miss Universe Pageant was held this year.
"They treated me so great — Putin even sent me a present, a beautiful present with a beautiful note," he said. "I spoke to all of his people. And, you know, then you look at what he's doing with Obama — he's toying with him.”

Trump, who himself has toyed with runs for office but never pulled the trigger, predicted President Obama's domestic disapproval ratings may soon surpass those of "the late, great Jimmy Carter," though the former president is still alive.

In quick succession, Trump predicted the GOP will win the Senate in 2014, complained that the U.S. hadn't taken Iraq's oil when it had the chance, said the Chinese want "anything Trump" and predicted Ukraine will "fall fairly quickly" now that Putin has control of the Crimean peninsula.

He also criticized any immigration reform reforms that allow illegal immigrants to stay in the U.S.

"They're taking your jobs and you better be careful," he said.

Read more: http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/200151-trump-putin-toying-with-obama#ixzz2vH5WQkkB
Follow us: @thehill on Twitter | TheHill on Facebook