Author Topic: Conservative firebrand Ted Cruz launches political convention with crowd-pleasing demand to abolish the IRS  (Read 931 times)

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Conservative firebrand Ted Cruz launches political convention with crowd-pleasing demand to abolish the IRS

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2574773/We-need-abolish-IRS-Conservative-firebrand-Ted-Cruz-launches-political-convention-direct-assault-U-S-tax-authority.html#ixzz2vCWV6uKa

Ted Cruz, the rock-ribbed conservative Texas senator who figures to be a factor in the 2016 U.S. presidential election, told thousands of conservatives Thursday morning that the IRS should go the way of the dodo.

'We need to abolish the IRS,' he said, calling instead for a flat income tax rate and a user-friendly tax return that can be filed on a postcard.

That verbal gauntlet, thrown as much at a near-century of tax collection as at the Obama administration, was Cruz's biggest applause line.

'By virtue of your being here today,' he jokingly cautioned the nation's largest annual gathering of politically conservative activists, 'tomorrow each and every one of you is going to be audited by the IRS.'

On Wednesday the former IRS official in charge of vetting nonprofit groups that seek tax-exempt charitable status refused, for the second time, to tell a congressional committee what she knew about the scandal.

More at above link!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=g4S-X8l3QDQ

He speaks my language from beginning to end!
« Last Edit: March 06, 2014, 05:03:51 pm by Bigun »
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
But that can't happen with ANY form of income tax flat, round, or square!
« Last Edit: March 06, 2014, 04:39:18 pm by Bigun »

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Gazoo

• Inactive Members
WHOEVER says they will do this has my vote. Big gov is so big they will never allow this or anyone saying this. It is a shame but reality.
 I mean, look at the GOP now, they think this is a wacko bird idea.
"The Tea Party has a right to feel cheated.

When does the Republican Party, put in the majority by the Tea Party, plan to honor its commitment to halt the growth of the Federal monolith and bring the budget back into balance"?

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
WHOEVER says they will do this has my vote. Big gov is so big they will never allow this or anyone saying this. It is a shame but reality.
 I mean, look at the GOP now, they think this is a wacko bird idea.

Some do but not all by any means! Hr25/S122 (the Fairtax bill) currently has more co-sponsors than ever in history.

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline xfreeper

But that can't happen with ANY form of income tax flat, round, or square!

The Fair Tax will accomplish what needs to be done with the IRS

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
The Fair Tax will accomplish what needs to be done with the IRS

:amen:  :amen: and  :amen:

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Last Edit: March 06, 2014, 05:02:05 pm by Bigun »

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Gazoo

• Inactive Members
« Last Edit: March 06, 2014, 06:04:39 pm by Gazoo »
"The Tea Party has a right to feel cheated.

When does the Republican Party, put in the majority by the Tea Party, plan to honor its commitment to halt the growth of the Federal monolith and bring the budget back into balance"?

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
slide it to about 2:50

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6uk8a0FapUw

If what Ted Cruz says here doesn't inspire you you can't BE inspired!
« Last Edit: March 06, 2014, 06:06:34 pm by Bigun »

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Rapunzel

I really, really like the man.
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
I'm a realist.

I know that the IRS is never going to be "abolished". Never.
Anyone who thinks it could be, is a fool.

That said, I'd settle for seeing the IRS brought back under some kind of control and oversight, as right now it's running wild "to the left". A politicized tool of the administration, it's become.

Even a complete overhaul of the tax code will still require a good portion of the IRS to collect the revenues. You might trim it down, but you can't get rid of it.

As I said, I'm a realist, and that's how I see it...
« Last Edit: March 07, 2014, 02:38:06 am by Fishrrman »

Offline mountaineer

I'm a realist.

I know that the IRS is never going to be "abolished". Never.
Anyone who thinks it could be, is a fool.
True, and I also consider myself a realist on this point. But it's still correct to say the IRS should be abolished. Perhaps it won't happen, but it should.   :0001:
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
Even a complete overhaul of the tax code will still require a good portion of the IRS to collect the revenues. You might trim it down, but you can't get rid of it.

As I said, I'm a realist, and that's how I see it...

That's why we don't need to overhaul the tax code! The thing has been overhauled to death already! In fact that has become the cottage industry of Washington! The tax code has been changed an average of once per day since the year 2000!

What is needed is to throw the entire Marxist mess onto the ash heap of history and replace it with something much more in keeping with the principles laid out by Hamilton in Federalist 21!

That is EXACTLY what HR25/S122  (the FairTax bill) proposes to do! Not only does it not require the IRS it specifically defunds it and requires the destruction of all of it's records!

You can learn all about it right here!
« Last Edit: March 07, 2014, 03:25:31 am by Bigun »

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Oceander

Cruz can swing so easily from being sensible and smart to being stupid and posturing, like the weather in Portland.

Offline Carling

So, I'd assume Sen. Cruz has already drafted and introduced a bill to abolish the IRS, based on his rhetoric.  And, if the GOP takes over the Senate, he'll reintroduce that bill? 
Trump has created a cult and looks more and more like Hitler every day.
-----------------------------------------------

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
So, I'd assume Sen. Cruz has already drafted and introduced a bill to abolish the IRS, based on his rhetoric.  And, if the GOP takes over the Senate, he'll reintroduce that bill?

Not necessary! He's a co-sponsor of S122 which is already there!

- J. R. R. Tolkien