Author Topic: Tea Party in Texas Sees Silver Linings in G.O.P. Primaries  (Read 587 times)

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Tea Party in Texas Sees Silver Linings in G.O.P. Primaries
« on: March 06, 2014, 02:54:05 pm »
Tea Party in Texas Sees Silver Linings in G.O.P. Primaries

By MANNY FERNANDEZ and JONATHAN MARTINMARCH 5, 2014

McALLEN, Tex. — There was no Ted Cruz, coming out of nowhere in a blaze of Tea Party fervor, to upend the establishment in a marquee race when Texas Republicans went to the polls Tuesday in the nation’s first round of 2014 primaries.

But even if Republican stalwarts in Congress like Senator John Cornyn and Representative Pete Sessions routed insurgent challengers, the story of the Texas primaries was that anyone thinking the Tea Party had run its course should think again.

While establishment candidates in some of the top races were successful, Texas Republicans continued to tilt ever further right. In the night’s most competitive race, Lt. Gov. David Dewhurst won only 28 percent of the vote in his re-election bid to get into a runoff with a conservative talk radio host, State Senator Dan Patrick, who earned 41 percent of the vote. (continued at link below)

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/03/06/us/tea-party-in-texas-sees-silver-linings-in-gop-primaries.html?hp&_r=0

"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
Re: Tea Party in Texas Sees Silver Linings in G.O.P. Primaries
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2014, 02:54:30 pm »
From the N.Y. Times no less!

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Gazoo

• Inactive Members
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2014, 03:00:52 pm »
Thank God. Someone has to keep the dem lite party in check.
"The Tea Party has a right to feel cheated.

When does the Republican Party, put in the majority by the Tea Party, plan to honor its commitment to halt the growth of the Federal monolith and bring the budget back into balance"?

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2014, 03:09:39 pm »
Thank God. Someone has to keep the dem lite party in check.

And I would point out that they did all this with the IRS giving them grief every step of the way! No telling what they migh have accomplished without THAT impediment!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2014, 06:42:37 pm »
And I would point out that they did all this with the IRS giving them grief every step of the way! No telling what they migh have accomplished without THAT impediment!

I see some of the tea party haters here last night were still saying the TP is dead after the TX elections... they base it - of course - on two people out of how many????????
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776