Author Topic: 38 Seconds to view Saddest Boy Ever  (Read 1399 times)

Offline happyg

38 Seconds to view Saddest Boy Ever
« on: March 01, 2014, 07:41:40 pm »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=gVXXDtWtHDY

I didn't just tear up, but cried at the shocking ending. This is a few years old, but is still relevant.

Online mountaineer

Re: 38 Seconds to view Saddest Boy Ever
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2014, 11:10:20 pm »
The number of pregnancies out of wedlock (not to mention the broken marriages) is astounding, and I grieve for the children.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline happyg

« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2014, 11:25:12 pm »
The number of pregnancies out of wedlock (not to mention the broken marriages) is astounding, and I grieve for the children.

Me, too!  All children want a Mom and Dad, not matter how many ways we are told otherwise. A little eleven year old boy on my son's midget football team kept asking my son, "Coach, can I live with you." My son would take the boys to places they wouldn't normally go, and this boy got a taste of what a Dad and Mom was like. My son didn't know how to respond correctly, until the boy's mother asked my son to take her son in. None of his family disputed the situation, so we got a new kid in the family. He will be 16 this summer. He is a black child, so imagine how badly he wanted a father, even if he was white!

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2014, 03:36:06 am »
Me, too!  All children want a Mom and Dad, not matter how many ways we are told otherwise. A little eleven year old boy on my son's midget football team kept asking my son, "Coach, can I live with you." My son would take the boys to places they wouldn't normally go, and this boy got a taste of what a Dad and Mom was like. My son didn't know how to respond correctly, until the boy's mother asked my son to take her son in. None of his family disputed the situation, so we got a new kid in the family. He will be 16 this summer. He is a black child, so imagine how badly he wanted a father, even if he was white!

Your story always remind me of Blindside - a true story.
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline happyg

« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2014, 03:42:42 am »

Your story always remind me of Blindside - a true story.

Blindside was a good movie, and all of them are still like family. My son's new son was a grade behind, but is an honor roll student, for the most part. He is also good at sports, all of them. This is not to say there weren't problems. There were some serious ones at times, but I think he is overcoming the lifestyle or lack thereof  he was raised in. He wants to go to college, and I hope the best for him.

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2014, 03:43:57 am »
Blindside was a good movie, and all of them are still like family. My son's new son was a grade behind, but is an honor roll student, for the most part. He is also good at sports, all of them. This is not to say there weren't problems. There were some serious ones at times, but I think he is overcoming the lifestyle or lack thereof  he was raised in. He wants to go to college, and I hope the best for him.

All these children need is a stable, loving home.  They probably appreciate it more than a child who has never known the difference.
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline happyg

« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2014, 03:52:06 am »
All these children need is a stable, loving home.  They probably appreciate it more than a child who has never known the difference.

Yep, along with wanting to feel safe. Where he was, was anything but safe. His mother is addicted to drugs and partying, and his dad was in prison, but I think he is out now. Another sister and brother were taken in by a good black family who are friends of my son. His brother comes to see him often, and they go places together. A girl asked him to the Sadie Hawkins dance. He is proud as a peacock.

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2014, 03:53:34 am »
Yep, along with wanting to feel safe. Where he was, was anything but safe. His mother is addicted to drugs and partying, and his dad was in prison, but I think he is out now. Another sister and brother were taken in by a good black family who are friends of my son. His brother comes to see him often, and they go places together. A girl asked him to the Sadie Hawkins dance. He is proud as a peacock.

Fortunate kids, most don't have a family take them in.  Personally,  hate what has happened to the black community.