Author Topic: Obama: Republicans Are 0 For 2 Against Me  (Read 456 times)

Offline happyg

Obama: Republicans Are 0 For 2 Against Me
« on: March 01, 2014, 03:27:33 am »
by Debra Heine

In a fiery speech before the Democratic National Committee winter meeting, the president defended his agenda, crowing that Republicans were "0 for 2" in trying to turn back his agenda.

“The top Republican in the Senate said his top priority wasn't to create jobs or expand opportunity, but to beat me,” said Obama. “So let's look at the scorecard. They're 0 for 2. This November, let's make them 0 for 3.”

The president's overconfident bluster is reminiscent of what he told Democrats in January of 2010.

Rep. Marion Berry was concerned that the unpopularity of ObamaCare would lead to a midterm bloodbath comparable to the 54-seat D-to-R swing in 1994 - which was blamed on HillaryCare.

Berry claimed that Obama personally dismissed any comparison between Democrats in 2010 and under Bill Clinton all those years ago because his personal popularity would bail everybody out.
Berry recounted meetings with White House officials, reminiscent of some during the Clinton days, where he and others urged them not to force Blue Dogs “off into that swamp” of supporting bills that would be unpopular with voters back home.

“I’ve been doing that with this White House, and they just don’t seem to give it any credibility at all,” Berry said. “They just kept telling us how good it was going to be. The president himself, when that was brought up in one group, said, ‘Well, the big difference here and in ’94 was you’ve got me.’ We’re going to see how much difference that makes now.”

They found out, all right. Contrary to Obama's absurd braggadocio, he led the Dems to an epic "shellacking" (his word) in the 2010 midterms.

So the scorecard is actually - Republicans 1 Democrats 2.

And conditions are looking favorable for another shellacking this Fall.

That would make it a draw.

http://www.breitbart.com/InstaBlog/2014/02/28/Obama-Republicans-Are-0-For-2-Against-Me