Author Topic: McCain: Pentagon cuts 'a serious mistake'  (Read 472 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
McCain: Pentagon cuts 'a serious mistake'
« on: February 25, 2014, 02:32:37 pm »
http://thehill.com/blogs/defcon-hill/army/199134-mccain-defense-cuts-a-serious-mistake

February 25, 2014, 08:50 am
McCain: Pentagon cuts 'a serious mistake'

By Rebecca Shabad

Sen. John McCain (R-Ariz.) on Tuesday said the Pentagon’s proposed cuts are “a serious mistake” that send the wrong signal internationally.

McCain, who has worked to cut wasteful Pentagon projects throughout his career, nonetheless criticized the size of the cuts proposed Monday by the Pentagon.

“I believe that when we are sending the signal that we are cutting defense, I think in this very dangerous world that we live in, is a serious mistake," McCain said in an interview on CNN’s “New Day.”

"There are savings that could be made in defense, but when we’re making cuts this size, it concerns me a great deal especially since we’re increasing domestic spending,” McCain said.

On Monday, Defense Secretary Chuck Hagel unveiled a 2015 budget that would over five years shrink the Army from 520,000 troops to 440,000 to 450,000 troops. That would reduce the Army to its smallest size since before World War II.

The Pentagon also plans to reduce the size of the Army National Guard, the Army Reserve and the Marine Corps over the next five years.

Several Republican governors who were attending events at the White House on Monday critcized the Obama administration for cutting the National Guard.

Military bases would also close under the proposed budget and benefits will be cut for active duty service members and their families.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Re: McCain: Pentagon cuts 'a serious mistake'
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2014, 02:53:17 pm »
For once I agree with the old ba$#@#d!
« Last Edit: February 25, 2014, 02:54:03 pm by Bigun »
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien