Author Topic: Good Shepherd closing Linden hospital, 2 clinics (Rural Cities Losing Healthcare)  (Read 1077 times)

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
I wonder what this will do to people in these cities whose only primary care provider under Obamacare was at these hospitals?

Good Shepherd Health System announced today the closing of a hospital and two clinics in Northeast Texas.

The hospital group said in a news release it had notified the Linden Municipal Hospital Authority it will be closing Good Shepherd Medical Center – Linden, a 25-bed Critical Access Hospital, and Good Shepherd Medical Associated Family Health Centers in Linden and Hughes Springs on April 30.

According to the release, the group cited Medicare and Medicaid reimbursement cuts to hospitals, a pending loss of the Critical Access Hospital status, a cut in Medicare reimbursements from the federal sequester and low patient usage as reasons for shutting the branches.

... http://www.news-journal.com/news/local/good-shepherd-closing-linden-hospital-clinics/article_88355608-9d98-11e3-b6d5-001a4bcf887a.html

Oceander

I wonder what this will do to people in these cities whose only primary care provider under Obamacare was at these hospitals?

I wonder whom they'll blame, and whether they'll finally start figuring out who's wrecking their health care.

Offline happyg

I got a letter from the Cleveland Clinic asking for donations. I don't know how I got on their mailing list because Cleveland is over 3 hours from here, and I have never been there. They must be feeling a crunch, too.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
It's happening where I live, too.

A few years back, the nearest hospital (already 20 miles away) got flooded and was forced to close. They diverted all the hospital traffic to another hospital a few more miles away.

Well, now, Lake Shore Hospital is also shutting down because of massive financial problems.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

rangerrebew

Georgia has 4 hospitals closing - so far.

Offline Relic

This was predicted by the few that read the bill... (I admit, I didn't read it).

The Obama cabal doesn't care. Rural closings affect those in flyover country. Those are not Obama voters. So, 'eff them.