Author Topic: Sunday talk show tip sheet..Feb. 23rd  (Read 564 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Sunday talk show tip sheet..Feb. 23rd
« on: February 22, 2014, 12:18:44 am »
http://dyn.politico.com/printstory.cfm?uuid=62BC13E1-E1E3-AB51-3121B6755134C78B

Sunday talk show tip sheet
By: POLITICO Staff
February 21, 2014 05:59 PM EST

“Meet the Press” on NBC

• National Security Adviser Susan Rice

“Face the Nation” on CBS

• Maryland Gov. Martin O’Malley (D)

• Louisiana Gov. Bobby Jindal (R)

• Sen. John McCain (R-Ariz.)

“This Week” on ABC

• Former President George W. Bush

• Team Rubicon co-founder Jacob Wood

“Fox News Sunday” on Fox

• Senate Majority Whip Dick Durbin (D-Ill.)

• Sen. Kelly Ayotte (R-N.H.)

• Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker (R)

• Vermont Gov. Peter Shumlin (D)

CNN “State of the Union”

• Texas Gov. Rick Perry (R)

• Indiana Gov. Mike Pence (R)

• Connecticut Gov. Dannel Malloy (D)

• Missouri Gov. Jay Nixon (D)

• “Scandal” actor Joe Morton

“Political Capital” on Bloomberg TV

• New Hampshire Gov. Maggie Hassan (D)

• Former Sen. John Sununu (R-N.H.)

• Former White House Senior Adviser David Plouffe

“Newsmakers” on C-SPAN

• Interim NAACP President Lorraine Miller

“Al Punto” on Univision

• Rep. Mario Díaz Balart (R-Fla.)

• Rep. Luis Gutiérrez (D-Ill.)
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Re: Sunday talk show tip sheet..Feb. 23rd
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2014, 03:16:12 pm »
http://www.politico.com/blogs/politico-live/?hp=

Perry says 'no' to legalizing pot

By TREVOR EISCHEN |
2/23/14 9:23 AM EST

Gov. Rick Perry  says Texas won't be legalizing marijuana anytime soon.

On CNN's "State of the Union" Sunday, host Candy Crowley asked the Republican governor and Govs. Mike Pence (R-Ind.), Jay Nixon (D-Mo.) and Dannel Malloy (D-Conn.) about their views on legalizing marijuana in their states.

Perry was the first to answer with a quick "no."

While he doesn't support legalizing pot for recreational use, Perry says the way Texas has prosecuted marijuana cases has received compliments from President Barack Obama and Attorney General Eric Holder.

"What we've done in the state of Texas is we've started looking at adjusting the penalties of criminal use of marijuana," Perry said. "We've seen our prison populations go down."

The governors were in Washington over the weekend for the winter meeting of the National Governors Association.
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2014, 03:16:32 pm »
Ayotte: Russia reset has failed
By BYRON TAU |
2/23/14 9:19 AM EST

Sen. Kelly Ayotte says President Barack Obama has failed in his bid to reset U.S. relations with Russia.

“Their reset policy has failed,” the New Hampshire Republican said on “Fox News Sunday,” pointing to Russian President Vladimir Putin’s actions in Syria as well as Russia granting asylum to NSA leaker Edward Snowden.

Obama came into office five years ago, vowing a better relationship with Russia. His secretary of state, Hillary Clinton, gave the Russian foreign minister a “reset” button in 2009. Ayotte said that policy has failed and needs to be reconsidered

“It is time to reset the reset. I think Ukraine presents an opportunity for the president to do that,” Ayotte said about the current crisis in Ukraine – a country that has long been under Russia’s sphere of influence.

“Now that the Olympics are over, we need to watch the behavior of the Russians,” she said.

“I believe the president needs to up his game and send a clear, unequivocal, public message to Putin not to interfere in what is happening in Ukraine – to let the Ukrainian people determine their future, to ensure that there is [no] interference in their sovereignty,” Ayotte said.
Support the USO

Offline Gazoo

• Inactive Members
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2014, 04:00:05 pm »
“Meet the Press” on NBC

• National Security Adviser Susan Rice

Ill bet she slides in a mini-commercial for Obamacare like MO did taking over the tonight show.

What could Rice possibly say on nat security? It is a failure, The Ukraine topic is Obama's fumbling with Russia and the missile defense and his off mic remark to Putin in wait till after the election and I will pull down all Euro missile defense shields and disarm more nukes,. The arab spring is a flood of radical muslims in power.

I POSTED THIS IN THE WRONG THREAD. SORRY!
"The Tea Party has a right to feel cheated.

When does the Republican Party, put in the majority by the Tea Party, plan to honor its commitment to halt the growth of the Federal monolith and bring the budget back into balance"?

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2014, 04:16:54 pm »
McCain says Putin should be 'nervous'
By TREVOR EISCHEN |
2/23/14 10:51 AM EST

The violent uprising in Ukraine should make Russian President Vladimir Putin "nervous" about his own leadership in Russia and that a partition of Ukraine is "totally unacceptable,." Sen. John McCain said Sunday.

"They want to be western," the Arizona Republican said of the Ukrainian people. "They don't want to be eastern."

The senator said he had spoken with multiple Ukrainian opposition leaders, including former Prime Minister Yulia Tymoshenko, who was released from prison last week following a vote in Ukraine's parliament. He said the anti-government leaders are "overjoyed" but that "there's a sobering reality" about how difficult it will be to repair the country and its economy.

Former Ukrainian President Viktor Yanukovych, an ally of Putin whose political support lies mainly in the eastern part of Ukraine, was voted out of office by the Ukrainian parliament and his whereabouts are still unknown.

"If I were Vladimir Putin, I would be little bit nervous," McCain said.
Support the USO

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2014, 04:17:16 pm »
Rice: No regrets on Benghazi TV appearances
By BYRON TAU |
2/23/14 10:47 AM EST

National Security Adviser Susan Rice said Sunday she has no regrets about her now-infamous round of TV interviews in 2012 about the the attacks on the U.S. mission in Benghazi, Libya.

Rice, appearing on “Meet the Press," said that nobody in the Obama administration intended to mislead the American people when she appeared on Fox, ABC, CNN, NBC and CBS in 2012 shortly after the attacks.

Asked by host David Gregory if she had any regrets about the interviews, Rice replied: “No.”

“Because what I said to you that morning, and what I did every day since, was to share the best information that we had at the time,” Rice said. “The information I provided, which I explained to you, was what we had at the moment. It could change. I commented that this was based on what we knew on that morning, was provided to me and my colleagues and, indeed, to Congress, by the intelligence community.  And that's been well validated in many different ways since.”

“That information turned out, in some respects, not to be 100 percent correct," she acknowledged. "But the notion that somehow I or anybody else in the administration misled the American people is patently false.  And I think that that's been amply demonstrated."

Rice was tapped to speak for the administration’son the Sunday after the Sept. 11, 2012 attacks in Benghazi and protests at the U.S. Embassy in Cairo.

Speaking on NBC’s “Meet the Press” in 2012, Rice called the Benghazi attacks that killed U.S. Ambassador Christopher Stevens and three other Americans a "spontaneous reaction” to an offensive video that was circulating in the United States and the Arab world.

She repeated similar talking points on Fox, ABC, CNN and CBS. Ant they were quickly disputed – and remain disputed to this day. The administration later acknowledged that the video was not the cause of the attacks and were likely pre-planned. But a recent New York Times investigation has pointed back to anger over the video.

The controversy around Rice’s Sunday show appearances may have cost her the chance to be secretary of state. She withdrew from consideration for post the under criticism in 2013, and John Kerry was appointed.

Asked if the Sunday show appearances tanked her chances, Rice said: “I don't know. What I do know is that I have a great job. It's the greatest honor in the world to work for the president of the United States and on behalf of the American people. And I couldn't ask for anything more.”
Support the USO

Offline Gazoo

• Inactive Members
« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2014, 04:21:03 pm »
“Because what I said to you that morning, and what I did every day since, was to share the best information that we had at the time,” Rice said.

Unclassified testimony says this is a lie.

She may be thinking her reply will fool the fools but you can't fool all the people all the time.
"The Tea Party has a right to feel cheated.

When does the Republican Party, put in the majority by the Tea Party, plan to honor its commitment to halt the growth of the Federal monolith and bring the budget back into balance"?