Author Topic: Kirsten Powers on Working for Fox: 'It's Been Good for Me,' Got Me Out of 'Liberal Bubble'  (Read 376 times)

Offline Rapunzel

http://newsbusters.org/blogs/kyle-drennen/2014/02/21/kirsten-powers-working-fox-its-been-good-me-got-me-out-liberal-bubble?utm_source=Facebook&utm_medium=Marketing&utm_term=facebook&utm_content=socialflow&utm_campaign=kirsten-powers

Kirsten Powers on Working for Fox: 'It's Been Good for Me,' Got Me Out of 'Liberal Bubble'

By Kyle Drennen | February 21, 2014

In an interview with Carl Cannon of Real Clear Politics, Daily Beast columnist and Fox News contributor Kirsten Powers said of working at the network: "It's been good for me because I – before that I lived in a real liberal bubble, you know? And all my friends were liberals and I grew up in a really liberal family and, you know, had a lot of ideas about conservatives, and you know, then I got to Fox and I just was like, 'Oh, they're not all evil and stupid.'" [VIew video after the jump]

Powers touted the friendly work environment at FNC: "People are really nice at Fox....wonderful people, really different view of the world than I have, but a very well thought out view. Yeah, no, they've been really great to me. Really nice."

That was in response to Cannon recounting a story of people at the New York Times refusing to go to lunch with columnist David Brooks when he first started with the liberal paper.

Talking about critics on the left who give her a hard time for being on Fox, Powers declared: "I don't see myself as a voice for the Democrats, that's not really what I'm doing. But you know, I try to think of myself more as a journalist and just saying what's true and giving a real analysis of the situation."

�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776