Author Topic: US Attorney General proposes states allow ex-felons to vote  (Read 3173 times)

SPQR

Re: US Attorney General proposes states allow ex-felons to vote
« Reply #25 on: February 15, 2014, 02:38:25 am »
First. I would not take advice from that Obama/Libatard apologist. He is the last person on this planet I want to get my legal advice. Its like getting legal advice from Ron Kuby or the late William Kunzsler who are themselves liberal and would like to tear our system of justice for criminals. Are you a Obama apologist for criminals?

Rather I should say, are you a liberal Obama pro-criminal apologist?

Offline Chieftain

• AMF, YOYO
  • Your what hurts??
« Reply #26 on: February 15, 2014, 02:41:57 am »
Time to move this one to the Boxing Ring.....

:whistle:

SPQR

« Reply #27 on: February 15, 2014, 02:43:17 am »
Time to move this one to the Boxing Ring.....

:whistle:

I am already finished with my argument. There is no use beating a dead horse.    11513
« Last Edit: February 15, 2014, 02:45:55 am by SPQR »

Offline LambChop

« Reply #28 on: February 15, 2014, 02:50:46 am »
I have zero desire in child molesters continuing to breathe.

But no. You are doing what the left do. Setting limits. If you wish to do that, do it properly. Me - I'd only permit property owning tax payers to vote, but that's just me.

Naturally you feel that way, you're English.  Which is why we separated ourselves from that country, remember?  Taxation w/o representation.
Even if you don't own property, you pay taxes.

One voice, one vote. 

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #29 on: February 15, 2014, 02:57:53 am »
So you are in favor of permanent loss of voting, for fistfights and marijuana possession if the DA overcharges with a felony?

(I expect some other states remain more severe about marijuane, etc.)

Redemption. I had a college friend that was in trouble with his parents, living with his grandma. Dropping classes. We were all risking getting busted for fighting, drinking, pot, etc. in the late 60s.

He decided to volunteer for the draft--two year commitment. Others took military in lieu of convictions for minor "crimes." My friend wound up servine for 37 years and retired as a 3 star general.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

SPQR

« Reply #30 on: February 15, 2014, 03:00:08 am »
So you are in favor of permanent loss of voting, for fistfights and marijuana possession if the DA overcharges with a felony?

(I expect some other states remain more severe about marijuane, etc.)

Redemption. I had a college friend that was in trouble with his parents, living with his grandma. Dropping classes. We were all risking getting busted for fighting, drinking, pot, etc. in the late 60s.

He decided to volunteer for the draft--two year commitment. Others took military in lieu of convictions for minor "crimes." My friend wound up servine for 37 years and retired as a 3 star general.

I do not know if you read my response. That call would be left for the Police departments and ultimately the District Attorney. If  he wants redemption or forgiveness I suggest he join a church or get it from his family. Again, there is no excuse to ignore the law.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2014, 03:02:32 am by SPQR »

Offline LambChop

« Reply #31 on: February 15, 2014, 03:02:16 am »
Rather I should say, are you a liberal Obama pro-criminal apologist?

Um, no.  Rand Paul supported this last year.  And I don't think he's all that sweet on Obama or liberals.

http://wfpl.org/post/citing-racial-disparities-senator-rand-paul-favors-restoration-felon-voting-rights

SPQR

« Reply #32 on: February 15, 2014, 03:03:16 am »

Um, no.  Rand Paul supported this last year.  And I don't think he's all that sweet on Obama or liberals.

http://wfpl.org/post/citing-racial-disparities-senator-rand-paul-favors-restoration-felon-voting-rights
He is a Libertarian like his father. No Tea Party Republican would support this. If you are a social conservative Tea Party member you would not support marijuana.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2014, 03:12:01 am by SPQR »

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
« Reply #33 on: February 15, 2014, 03:10:05 am »
He is a Libertarian like his father. No Tea Party Republican would support this. If they do, would you please link it.

Perhaps you are unaware that the TEA in Tea Party stands for "Taxed Enough Already.'  That is a libertarian position if i ever heard one.  The MSM likes to portray the TP as a bunch of social conservatives, but that simply is not the case.  There is some overlap, to be sure, but not all TP types are socons. 

http://washingtonexaminer.com/ted-cruz-rand-paul-top-huge-tea-party-poll-chris-christie-jeb-bush-dead-last/article/2543832

Offline LambChop

« Reply #34 on: February 15, 2014, 03:11:35 am »
He is a Libertarian like his father. No Tea Party Republican would support this. If they do, would you please link it.

He may not be tea party, but he's certainly not a liberal Obama pro-criminal apologist.

Offline LambChop

« Reply #35 on: February 15, 2014, 03:12:21 am »
Perhaps you are unaware that the TEA in Tea Party stands for "Taxed Enough Already.'  That is a libertarian position if i ever heard one.  The MSM likes to portray the TP as a bunch of social conservatives, but that simply is not the case.  There is some overlap, to be sure, but not all TP types are socons. 

http://washingtonexaminer.com/ted-cruz-rand-paul-top-huge-tea-party-poll-chris-christie-jeb-bush-dead-last/article/2543832

:beer:

SPQR

« Reply #36 on: February 15, 2014, 03:12:40 am »
He may not be tea party, but he's certainly not a liberal Obama pro-criminal apologist.

He sure acts like it especially coming from the mouth of Eric Holder who has proven he is a Obama apologist.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2014, 03:13:37 am by SPQR »

SPQR

« Reply #37 on: February 15, 2014, 03:15:47 am »

The social conservative Tea Party members don't support it. If you asked Michelle Bachmann this question she would say "No". She is a Tea Party Member. She is Queen of the Tea Party
« Last Edit: February 15, 2014, 03:19:25 am by SPQR »

Offline LambChop

« Reply #38 on: February 15, 2014, 03:16:03 am »
He sure acts like it especially coming from the mouth of Eric Holder who has proven he is a Obama apologist.

Did you read the link?  It's from last year.  Rand Paul is NOT jumping on the Holder bandwagon.  If anything, Holder is getting on Rand Paul's.
Which makes sense, seeing as Holder probably can't come up with his own ideas.

SPQR

« Reply #39 on: February 15, 2014, 03:18:28 am »
Did you read the link?  It's from last year.  Rand Paul is NOT jumping on the Holder bandwagon.  If anything, Holder is getting on Rand Paul's.
Which makes sense, seeing as Holder probably can't come up with his own ideas.

These are all Libertarians. They did not support the PATRIOT Act. They are for open borders.  They are for gay rights. They only represent a small fraction of the party.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2014, 03:25:40 am by SPQR »

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #40 on: February 15, 2014, 04:02:08 am »
First. I would not take advice from that Obama/Libatard apologist. He is the last person on this planet I want to get my legal advice. Its like getting legal advice from Ron Kuby or the late William Kunzsler who are themselves liberal and would like to tear our system of justice for criminals. Are you a Obama apologist for criminals?

Can we address something else here?

If you're going to cut and paste responses from the Internet, it's customary to credit the source. Otherwise it could be called plagiarism.

Let me know when I'm having a discussion with you, and not with Wikipedia.
"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #41 on: February 15, 2014, 04:07:27 am »

He is a Libertarian like his father. No Tea Party Republican would support this. If you are a social conservative Tea Party member you would not support marijuana.

Thanks for clearing that up....here I thought I was a Republican.  LOL!

I'm for giving ex-felons that serve their time full voting rights.

I'm for legalization of marijuana.  Screw decriminalization.   If everyone smoked, Jews would be dating Palestinians.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline aligncare

« Reply #42 on: February 15, 2014, 04:09:21 am »

Wrong on both counts. I support the tea party and decriminalizing marijuana.

I am for demilitarizing the police, am pro-life, and for eliminating the Federal reserve, and restoring voting rights once the debt has been paid.

People are free to have different opinions.

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #43 on: February 15, 2014, 04:11:38 am »
The last time I checked fistfighting is considered an aggravated assault which is a felony depending on the state.The definitions of the different degrees of aggravated assault vary according to state laws. In general, however, first degree aggravated assault occurs when the act is committed with deliberately premeditated malice aforethought. This means there must be either an intentional attempt to commit serious bodily injury or intentional serious bodily injury must have been committed . Aggravated assault penalties depend on the degree and any injuries that may have occurred. Penalties also depend on the state where the assault took place. Aggravated assault charges can be treated as misdemeanors in some states, while other states will treat this charge as a felony. A conviction of an aggravated assault charge can have serious consequences on your life, especially if it is treated as a felony conviction. Many places of employment will not hire convicted felons, and if you already hold a professional license, you may not be able to get it renewed with a sustained felony conviction. A felon can also lose basic rights for a number of years, such as the right to vote, serve on a jury, or own a firearm.In states that have “three-strikes” laws, such as California, a felony aggravated assault conviction can also count as a “strike.” This means that if you already have two other felony convictions, or are convicted with other felonies in the same trial, a third strike for aggravated assault can put you in prison for life.Again, ignorance of the law is no excuse.

Good Lord man, do you post ANYTHING that's not cut and paste from online sources?

http://criminal-law.freeadvice.com/criminal-law/violent_crimes/aggravated_assault.htm

http://quotes.liberty-tree.ca/quote_blog/Cornelius.Tacitus.Quote.40B6
"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #44 on: February 15, 2014, 04:13:17 am »

:beer:

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #45 on: February 15, 2014, 04:33:39 am »
Thanks for clearing that up....here I thought I was a Republican.  LOL!

I'm for giving ex-felons that serve their time full voting rights.

I'm for legalization of marijuana.  Screw decriminalization.   If everyone smoked, Jews would be dating Palestinians.

Social conservatives have long been trying to solipsize conservatism.

If you're not on the right side of the social issues of the day, you're not conservative, YET, they are willing to engage every bit of governmental force available to them to set their social agenda in place, and to ME, you cannot be a unrepentant grow-the-government statist and brand yourself a conservative.

The two are completely incompatible.

When I see social conservatives, I basically see proponents of religious statism, with progressives (their counterparts) pushing secular statism on to the rest of us.

The social conservative movement spends most of their time trying to stop people from doing things they want to do (same-sex marriage), while progressives spend their time trying to force others to do things they don't want to do (baking cakes for same-sex weddings), and frankly, I wish that they'd both leave the rest of us alone and go duke it out somewhere on a deserted island.

Some of us want to discuss things like the impending financial crash, instead of arguing about who's buggering who.

Me?

You can imagine me sitting at home, doing bong hits with my same-sex married couple neighbors and cheering as we all watch the US level some Muslim terrorist-harboring shithole of a nation into whatever period of time it was that went on before the Bronze age on my nice, new Samsung 70" LED TV.

Yes... a libertarian.

Better yet, a Classical Liberal.

Offline LambChop

« Reply #46 on: February 15, 2014, 04:37:01 am »
Wrong on both counts. I support the tea party and decriminalizing marijuana.

I am for demilitarizing the police, am pro-life, and for eliminating the Federal reserve, and restoring voting rights once the debt has been paid.

People are free to have different opinions.

And none of the above make you a liberal!

We need to stop trying to purify the party.

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #47 on: February 15, 2014, 04:37:03 am »
You tell 'em, Luis!   :beer:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #48 on: February 15, 2014, 04:38:56 am »
And none of the above make you a liberal!

We need to stop trying to purify the party.

I'm just a person that wants to be left alone.  Period.

Given today's Democrat Party, the GOP is the only place to go.   Been 'here' since Reagan.

SPQR

« Last Edit: February 15, 2014, 07:28:58 am by SPQR »