Author Topic: McCaskill 'probably' wouldn't want Obama on campaign trail  (Read 379 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
McCaskill 'probably' wouldn't want Obama on campaign trail
« on: February 11, 2014, 02:46:08 pm »
http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/senate-races/198037-sen-mccaskill-would-probably-steer-clear-of-obama-if-up-for

February 11, 2014, 08:44 am
McCaskill 'probably' wouldn't want Obama on campaign trail

By Rebecca Shabad

Sen. Claire McCaskill (D-Mo.) on Tuesday said she probably wouldn’t want President Obama to campaign with her if she were up for reelection this year.

Asked on MSNBC’s “Morning Joe” if she would want Obama to campaign with her in states like Arkansas, Louisiana or North Carolina, McCaskill said "probably not."

"I’m trying to be candid and honest on this show. The president’s numbers are not strong in my state, or Arkansas or Louisiana or North Carolina,” she said.

Democratic incumbents are trying to win tough reelection races in all three states and have distanced themselves from Obama.

McCaskill described Sens. Mark Pryor (Ark.), Mary Landrieu (La.) and Kay Hagan (N.C.) as "independent voices" for their states and "strong candidates."

Hagan did not appear with Obama during a visit he made last month to her state. Her office said she did not attend because the Senate was in session.

McCaskill also touched on recent revelations surfacing about Hillary Clinton.

“First of all there is no one better equipped to handle all the nonsense that comes with a presidential campaign than Hillary Clinton. There is no resume stronger,” she said on “Morning Joe.”

“I can’t imagine she is not going to be the dominant candidates. I can’t wait to campaign for her. I think she’s going to be a terrific president."
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Chieftain

• AMF, YOYO
  • Your what hurts??
Re: McCaskill 'probably' wouldn't want Obama on campaign trail
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2014, 03:06:47 pm »
No need.  Few of his supporters are going to vote for an old white lady anyway, so why bother??