Author Topic: Fights break out at Florida State Fair (descriptions of fighters not given - hint)  (Read 735 times)

rangerrebew

Trouble breaks out at Florida State Fair
Posted: Feb 08, 2014 7:26 PM EST
Updated: Feb 08, 2014 7:27 PM EST
By: Kim Kuizon, FOX 13 News

HILLSBOROUGH (FOX 13) - They flash signs, then a few gathered appear ready to fight.

"I didn't see anything like that at all and I've been doing this business for over 22 years," said a vendor named Willie.

Video captured by a fair vendor isn't the only complaint many had.

"They basically were running pushing people out of the way," he said.

Willie sells food along the Florida State Fair midway and began worrying just after dark.

"The kids run through here one went on my side of my building and one went on the other side," he pointed out.

The Hillsborough County Sheriff's Office patrols constantly and answered many concerns Saturday night.

"This is where we had some fights out last night were the deputies had to respond too many of these rides had fences that the kids were jumping last night and those individuals were ejected last night," said Lt. Frank Losat.

Lt. Losat said 99 people were kicked out of the fair and 12 arrested.

"Yesterday was a free day for students tickets, armband day so we expected for large crowds too the weather played into it with the rain throughout the entire day and into the night," he said.

Deputies said many incidents were stopped before getting out of hand.

"As soon as we hear word of it or the deputies see the action themselves we take swift action we don't tolerate any nonsense going on at the fair," he said.

A combination of the weather and complaints closed the fair down an hour and a half early.

"We  make sure every year that there is a plan in place to ensure that there is a safe fair," said Executive Director Chuck Pesano.

Those working and visiting the fair rely on that plan for a good and safe time.

"We got people and older people out here if one of them get hurt its not fair," said Willie.

Read more: http://www.myfoxtampabay.com/story/24672341/2014/02/08/fights-break-out-at-florida-state-fair#ixzz2t154Txrb
Follow us: @myfoxtampabay on Twitter | FOX13TampaBay on Facebook