Author Topic: Obama's new ambassadors embarrass the U.S. before they even leave the country  (Read 477 times)

rangerrebew

Obama’s New Ambassadors Embarrass the U.S. Before They Even Leave the Country

February 8, 2014
By Sara Noble

President Obama is appointing bumbling bundlers to key posts as Ambassadors and none of them appear to be competent. Instead of sending them to a remote country, they are going to China, Norway, Argentina et al. Usually these posts are reserved for professional diplomats who know the country, know the language, understand the culture.

That’s all changed now!

Noah Mamet, an Obama bundler, was nominated as Ambassador to Argentina, a country he has never visited.

The State Department doesn’t know if he can speak Spanish. They didn’t have his resume handy but shouldn’t they know that? It sounds a little rude to send an Ambassador to a country and expect them to speak his language.

Tsunis

George Tsunis

The worst Senate Foreign Relations Committee confirmation hearing by far was that of George Tsunis, a George Demos’ supporter. George Demos is the Republican poser running for congress in Long Island’s First Congressional District with Democratic funding.

Tsunis is a hotel magnate who switched political parties to become an Obama bundler.

The Tsunis interview was so bad that he was crushed in the Norwegian media because they noticed he has a “total ignorance of Norway.”  Tsunis didn’t even bother learning a thing about Norway prior to the hearings. I guess it is safe to say he doesn’t speak Norwegian.

John McCain asked Tsunis about Norway’s anti-imigration party, the Progress party:

Tsunis: Thank you, Senator. It’s a very seminal question. Generally Norway has, and is very proud of, being a very open, transparent, democratic parliamentary government. One of the by- products of being such an open society and placing such a value on free speech is that you get some fringe elements that have a microphone, that spew their hatred. And although I will tell you Norway has been very quick to denounce them, we’re going to continue to work with Norway to make sure –

McCain: The government has denounced them? The coalition government — they’re part of the coalition of the government.

Tsunis: Well, I would say — you know, what? I stand — I stand corrected.

McCain: I doubt seriously if they–

Tsunis: The — I stand corrected and would like to leave my answer at they are — it’s a very, very open society and that most Norwegians — the overwhelming amount of Norwegians and the overwhelming amount of people in parliament don’t feel the same way.

“I have no more questions for this incredibly, highly qualified group of nominees,” closed McCain, his voice dripping with sarcasm.

McCain is wrong. They’re bundlers! What more is necessary to be an Ambassador to a major country? Tsunis even switched political parties for Obama. What more does he have to do?

Max Baucus, with all his experience developing ObamaCare, couldn’t answer a simple question. Senator Ron Johnson asked him what prompted the Chinese to initiate the air defense identification zone and this is what he said in response:

Baucus: Senator, I’m no real expert on China, but it’s my strong belief that Chinese people are just as proud as we Americans are proud.

Now that’s funny!

When Caroline Kennedy was recently appointed Ambassador to Japan, she started off by embarrassing herself and the U.S.:

Caroline Kennedy, the US Ambassador to Tokyo, has intervened in the controversy over Japan’s annual dolphin hunts, denouncing them for their “inhumaneness”.

“Deeply concerned by inhumaneness of drive hunt dolphin killing,” she wrote on Twitter on Friday. “USG [the US Government] opposes drive hunt fisheries.”

The United States does not of course have a policy on drive hunt fisheries.

Someone, please, save us from ourselves!

Source: abc News

http://www.independentsentinel.com/obamas-new-ambassadors-embarrass-u-s-before-they-even-leave-the-country/
« Last Edit: February 09, 2014, 12:33:41 pm by rangerrebew »

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
Instead of sending them to a remote country, they are going to China, Norway, Argentina et al. Usually these posts are reserved for professional diplomats who know the country, know the language, understand the culture.

That ticks me off on multiple levels.

How the hell can you be an ambassador if you don't grok the country you are working in? It would seem to be a fundamental requirement for the job. Being able to sling the lingo and knowing at least the basics of polite society where you are going is pretty much a no brainer.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

rangerrebew

That ticks me off on multiple levels.

How the hell can you be an ambassador if you don't grok the country you are working in? It would seem to be a fundamental requirement for the job. Being able to sling the lingo and knowing at least the basics of polite society where you are going is pretty much a no brainer.

This, most assuredly, is not part of the Obama administration at any level.