Author Topic: Rush Limbaugh Live Thread  (Read 55798 times)

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Re: Rush Limbaugh Live Thread
« Reply #225 on: February 16, 2011, 03:56:11 am »

Oil is the Energy of the Past?
February 15, 2011

BEGIN TRANSCRIPT

RUSH: He said it, folks, he actually said that oil is the energy of the past.  We are in big, big trouble if this guy -- well, not if he believes it.  We know he believes it.  He's got a seven-year oil drilling moratorium in the eastern Gulf of Mexico.  It got the story from last December to prove it, a seven-year moratorium.  He is the one making oil the energy of the past.  With this upheaval in the Middle East, who knows how that bodes for future oil production.

BREAK TRANSCRIPT

RUSH: Oil is the energy source of the past.  Yeah, when you shut down drilling and when you are responsible for a seven-year drilling moratorium in the Gulf of Mexico.  The question is, if oil is the energy source of the past, what is today's energy source? 

You know, I'm an aviation buff, folks, and I notice that Boeing just announced a stretch version of the 747.  It's the longest jet in America.  Well, the longest jet in the world.  It's not the biggest capacity.  The A380, the Airbus, still holds more passengers.  Now, why would somebody be expanding their line of jet aircraft if oil is the energy source of the past?  All kinds of manufacturers are introducing new jets to the market, and what do they require?  That's one of the things I always look at when I balance news reports about the finite oil supply, we're gonna be running out soon, we better get going on the windmills and the sun.  Okay, well, the people who are in business and investing a lot of money hoping for a return are investing in products that use a lot of oil and its refined derivatives, such as kerosene, jet fuel.  General Dynamics is making a new business jet, the Gulfstream G650, the G650. 

By the way, get this.  They just had a test flight of that mama.  That thing rolls off the assembly line, the first one in 2012.  They've got five or six of them flying around up there doing test flights.  They just had a test flight from Long Beach, I think, to Savannah, Georgia, coast to coast, left to right, obviously had tailwind.  They did that flight in three hours and 30 minutes.  They got near the speed of sound with some new efficient engine, the Gulfstream G650.  Oh, yeah, jet fuel, much more expensive than gasoline, much more.  Well, traditionally it is.  Five or six bucks a gallon now versus three, something like that.  But the point is if you manufacture a product that gulps the stuff, and we're running out of the stuff, and if the stuff is the energy source of the past, why are you building new airplanes?  Why are you designing new engines that use the stuff?  Why are people pouring money into these?  It's not the energy source of the past but this guy wants to make it that.  Why?  What in the world?  This is petulance. It is classic, uninformed, incompetent left wing stupidity that oil is the great polluter of the world. I mean, oil, the free flow of oil at market prices is the fuel of freedom.  It's the fuel of the engine of freedom, for crying out loud, we got a guy now here undermining it.  I don't care if he's doing it on purpose.

BREAK TRANSCRIPT

RUSH: Now, as to oil, "the energy source of the past," he says. I have a story here by Jonathan Fahey, the energy writer for the Associated Press: "New Drilling Method Opens Vast Oil Fields in the US."  I'll give you some quotes from the story.  "Unemployment in North Dakota has fallen to the lowest level in the nation, 3.8 percent -- less than half the national rate of 9 percent. The influx of mostly male workers to the region has left local men lamenting a lack of women."

That's how many guys are showing up in North Dakota to work.  "Convenience stores are struggling to keep shelves stocked with food."  Have you heard about this?  Are you aware of any of this?  Well, the reason is they found a new way to extract oil from the Bakken fields, and "Within five years, analysts and executives predict, the newly unlocked fields are expected to produce 1 million to 2 million barrels of oil per day, enough to boost U.S. production 20 percent to 40 percent," until Obama hears about it and puts a moratorium on it because it's, supposedly, "the energy source of the past," or because it's too dangerous.

"The U.S. Energy Information Administration estimates production will grow a more modest 500,000 barrels per day." "A new drilling technique is opening up vast fields of previously out-of-reach oil in the western United States, helping reverse a two-decade decline in domestic production of crude. Companies are investing billions of dollars to get at oil deposits scattered across North Dakota, Colorado, Texas and California. By 2015, oil executives and analysts say, the new fields could yield as much as 2 million barrels of oil a day -- more than the entire Gulf of Mexico produces now," which, half of it is now under a drilling moratorium for seven years.  We're talking the Bakken field among other places.

BREAK TRANSCRIPT

RUSH:  Let me give you just a few details on this new drilling technique that they're using in the Bakken oil fields in North Dakota.  I mean, really unemployment is 3.8% and there's a shortage of women because of all the male employees trooping in there to North Dakota.  They can't keep convenience store shelves stocked because of so much economic activity.  This is from the Bismarck, North Dakota, Tribune: "Oil companies aren't just using a figure of speech when they say they've cracked open the Bakken.  Without the drilling technology that's forced billions, if not trillions of tiny fissures into the dense formation, the Bakken would still be the dark impenetrable zone it was for eons.  A process call 'fracture treatment' has transformed North Dakota's oil producing profile and the oil patch itself. 

"'Fracking' is as a big a business as drilling and a half-dozen or more companies are set up in North Dakota, commanding somewhere north of $3 million for each frack job." There are a bunch of stories about this.  The bottom line is oil is not "the energy source of the past."  It is the energy source of the present, it is the energy source of the future, and there's nothing that Obama can do to change that.  He may talk a big game about it, he may invest with all these corporate cronies that he's getting in bed with to invest in all this wasteful, useless, not-gonna-amount-to-a-hill-of-beans "green technology." But, meanwhile, the people who make the country work -- the people who count, the people who roll up their sleeves to provide this country what they need -- go where the market says go, and that's oil and petroleum.

And there's nothing wrong with it.  It is not eeevil.  It is not deadly. It's not, by its very existence, a poison.  This is just irrational to be attacking something like this. It's no different a commodity than water.  It is produced naturally.  It's part of the planet.  It's as much as anything else is a part of the planet, and we have had people find a way to harness it that changed the way Americans and people live all across the world for the better.  And it's insulting to my intelligence and everybody else's to have this commodity, this substance attacked as some form of evil by a bunch of know-nothing, do-nothing, never-got-their-hands-dirty-or-fingernails-dirty, little lame leftists here who live in their theoretical utopia -- and while they try to implement this, they do real harm and real damage to real people and their lives. 

BREAK TRANSCRIPT

RUSH: Jose in Miami. Welcome, sir, to the EIB Network. It's great to have you here.

CALLER:  Hello, Rush.  It's a privilege to speak to you.  I just wanted to mention or just bring up the issue of the moratorium in the Gulf.  As I understand it, a court in Louisiana held the administration in contempt of court for, I guess, keeping the moratorium in place.  What's happening with that?  Why are we not drilling?

RUSH:  You're right, the government has been held in contempt, but they don't care.  It's like the health care law's unconstitutional.  They don't care.  They're still implementing it. Yet you refer to this regime as "lawless" and media analysts go absolutely bonkers.  Let's go here. The New York Times very happy, by the way, in this story.  This December 1st of 2010.  Headline: "US Halts Plan to Srill in Eastern Gulf.  "The Obama [regime] announced yesterday that it had rescinded its decision to expand offshore oil exploration into the eastern Gulf of Mexico and along the Atlantic Coast because of weaknesses in federal regulation revealed by the BP oil spill.

"Interior Secretary Ken Salazar said that a moratorium on drilling would be in force in those areas for at least seven years, until stronger safety and environmental standards were in place. The move puts off limits millions of acres of the Outer Continental Shelf that hold potentially billions of barrels of oil and trillions of cubic feet of natural gas. ... The decision essentially reverses the much-disputed drilling plan announced in March, which would have initiated environmental studies and exploration activity..."  So the moratorium has been declared, what, unconstitutional or what have you, the federal judge has found them in contempt, and yet they continue. 

Because, you see, oil is an energy source of the past.  I don't know what to tell you.  I don't know. I don't know what's being done legally to get the regime to fall in line, but they're in contempt.  The health care judge, Judge Vinson, said that his ruling was, in effect, an injunction.  He did not issue a separate injunction because he said he didn't think he had to.  He thought the regime would abide by his ruling, his ruling being the law.  They're not abiding by it.  But in the drilling moratorium, there was actually an injunction against the regime, which they are ignoring, which is why they have been found in contempt.

BREAK TRANSCRIPT

RUSH:  Mark in Nashville, Tennessee, I'm glad you held on, I'm glad you waited.  Welcome to our program.

CALLER:  Thank you.  Good afternoon, Rush, and dittos to my favorite microphone Marine.

RUSH:  Thank you -- (laughing)

CALLER:  You haven't heard that in a long time, have you?

RUSH:  Love that, microphone marine.  Thank you very much.

CALLER:  Yeah, I called about Obama's comment earlier, the energy source of the past.

RUSH:  Yeah.

CALLER:  And I'd like for him and the other Democrats and liberals to set an example for us and give up oil, gas, and coal and anything that comes from those.  See how far they go.

RUSH:  It's an excellent point.  Where's the leadership on this?

CALLER:  Anybody that's listening to us, if you look around, there's not anything that you can see unless you're out in the wilderness and butt naked that didn't come from oil, gas, or coal in one way or another.

RUSH:  Exactly right.  Exactly right.

CALLER:  You know, their windmills, their solar panels, their electric cars, their batteries -- I remember a few years ago you had a guy call in and he was in the tire business, I believe, and he said at that time, I think it was seven or eight quarts of oil go into every tire that's made.

RUSH:  Yep.

CALLER:  And you know how many gallons of oil go into an electric car?  How many gallons of oil go into a windmill?  How many gallons of oil go into solar panels?

RUSH:  How many gallons of oil does it take to power the electric car with a backup gasoline engine when your battery dies?  Exactly.  Good point.  Where is the leadership from these people showing us the way, showing us how to live without oil?  Show us.  Show us how it makes your life better. Show us how the White House runs more efficiently without it, yeah.  I like it.

END TRANSCRIPT

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #226 on: February 16, 2011, 04:05:36 am »
Oil is the past eh.  Well the price of cotton is going through the roof....... well, someone says, "I guess we will see the return of polyester (egads) and the expert replies, nope, polyester is oil-based." 

These eko kooks are going to send us all back to the dark ages stark naked in the process.
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #227 on: February 16, 2011, 04:06:36 am »
Defund NPR and PBS on Principle
February 15, 2011

BEGIN TRANSCRIPT

RUSH: Randy in Syracuse. Hello, sir. Welcome to the EIB Network.

CALLER:  Hello, Rush.  I want to thank you.  You are a daily source of inspiration to myself and my friends here in the frozen area of central New York.

RUSH:  Thank you very much, sir.  I truly appreciate that.

CALLER:  My comment is the following: Within the past week there's been a push by the local radio and TV stations here to keep Republicans in Congress from defunding NPR and PBS.  I'd like to know how you feel about it, and I'd also like to know if maybe the EIB Network should put in for a grant from the government just for the sake of fairness.

RUSH:  (laughing) Here's the difference: I wouldn't want a grant.  The difference is I would not want a grant, and I wouldn't want whatever level of accountability or involvement from the government came with it.  Let's be honest.  PBS, NPR, what have you, the truth of the matter is that if any of these liberal networks could make it in the free market, they wouldn't need these subsidies. They wouldn't need to be part of a federal Corporation or Public Broadcasting.  Yet they can't make it in the free market, at least not on the radio side.  So they need these subsidies, and they need all the assistance they can get. If they had to get by with market support, i.e., audience and advertiser support... Well, I think even they realize they can't.  They don't want to go that way.  And there is this presumption that they are unique and special and a cut above, they're elites; and as such their voices need to be heard, and it's perfectly natural the government would subsidize.  The amount of money saved by cutting these people is not that much money.  It's a principle thing that the government has no business subsidizing one particular point of view over another, but they are with NPR and the CPB.

END TRANSCRIPT

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #228 on: February 16, 2011, 04:11:19 am »
I like NPR's format.  Like the soothing voices of the hosts.  And LOVE the classical music format.  And totally commercial free.

Who cares that they're all a bunch of raving libs?  They're useful idiots.

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #229 on: February 16, 2011, 11:59:34 pm »

While the Country Goes Bankrupt, Obama Plays Petty Political Games
February 16, 2011

BEGIN TRANSCRIPT

RUSH: Have you seen this poll out of CBS News?  It's amazing.  Most Americans oppose cutting funding for health care reforms.  Do you believe that?  I don't believe it, either.  So we dug deep out there.  We dug deep in this poll to find out what the samples were, and here you go.  There were 1,031 respondents in the sample.  The total Republicans: 298; the total Democrats: 345, and the total independents, 388.  Folks, you don't even have to read the article.  All you have to do is look at the actual way that this thing has been sampled.  It was 28% Republicans, 32% Democrat, and 40% independent, and they didn't stop there.  They weighted the poll to give the Republicans even less of a say, same thing that they always do, and therefore they're able to come up with a poll result: "Most oppose cutting funding for health care reform."  This is all just a game.  Everything in Washington is just a game. 

There is a Politico story today:  "Has Obama Set GOP Entitlement Trap?"  They're all concerned, is Obama gonna really snooker Boehner here on this budget proposal?  Is Obama just gonna play these guys like a Stradivarius?  Meanwhile, we are looking at the utter bankruptcy of our country down the road and these people in Washington in the press corps look at this as just a game.  "Senior congressional Democrats were plenty nervous on the eve of President Barack Obama’s 2012 budget presentation, fretting that Obama would suddenly gain his nerve and decide to take on the issue ... of entitlement reform.  They needn’t have worried. White House officials assured their friends on the Hill that Obama wouldn’t broach the subject, Democrats told POLITICO, and on Monday when he presented his budget the president conspicuously avoided addressing entitlements, despite citing them as the country’s major fiscal problem. ... With Obama refusing to offer his own plan for entitlements, congressional Republicans -- as the president noted -- rushed in to fill the vacuum." Talking about entitlement cuts.  Is this the trap?  Has Obama brilliantly outsmarted these guys once again?  Oh, oh.  The DC press corps so hopes so. 

Obama in his news conference: "I was glad to see yesterday Republican leaders say, 'How come you didn’t talk about entitlements?' I think that's progress."  "One senior Democratic congressional aide of the House GOP plans to release the first detailed proposals to reduce entitlement spending. 'They are suckers. They have painted themselves into a corner.'"  Obama didn't mention entitlements, Republicans rush in to fill a vacuum, and the Democrat congressional aide says they are suckers.  "When asked whether he was abrogating his responsibility to lead, Obama replied, 'This is not a matter of you go first or I go first. This is a matter of ... ultimately getting in that boat at the same time so it doesn’t tip over.' But Obama isn't anywhere near the water's edge yet," much yet the boat.  "Most Democrats ... have no intention of jumping into the debate anytime soon. When asked what Obama should do when the GOP releases its proposal, one Democratic aide, snapped: 'Nothing.'"  Just let the Republicans sink, 'cause after all, they are suckers.  Glenn Thrush at Politico, the stenographer here on the story about the game, it's all just a big game, everything looked at through the eyes of Obama, just like our old buddy Nic Robertson from CNN reporting from the belly of the beast in Egypt about what the people there think of Obama. 

Now, we have a crisis here. I think everybody that pays attention to this realizes we have a debt crisis.  Do you realize Bush's first budget, $2 trillion, it's almost doubled now.  And when it comes to budget cuts, we've still got some tweezers, and we're picking scabs on the margins of all this.  We're not getting into the nuts and bolts.  I don't even mean before you get to entitlements.  You're talking about a $3.7 trillion budget.  Even cutting a hundred billion, yeah, it's a cut, I mean it's a start, but folks, it really isn't much.  We have a genuine crisis here.  When Lincoln faced a crisis -- they said Obama's the next Lincoln, he's the next Reagan, he's the next JFK, he's the next Hoover, he's the next whoever -- when Abraham Lincoln faced a crisis that shook the country, did he ignore it?  Did the press run around marveling at the games Lincoln set for his opponents, or the traps?  Did Lincoln bait Congress into dealing with slavery for his own political gain?  No, he didn't.  Yet we're told that Obama's the next Lincoln.  Lincoln didn't punt on the biggest issue of the day and try to set up a trap.  FDR didn't punt after Pearl Harbor in 1941.  He didn't wait for Congress to tell him to declare war after Pearl Harbor.  Well, FDR set traps elsewhere, but on things of crisis magnitude, he was there. 
Truman didn't wait for Congress regarding the Marshall Plan.  JFK didn't wait on Congress to push tax cuts to the moon program.  Reagan didn't wait for Congress to dig the economy out of the Carter mess.  None of these presidents who have had greatness attached to them or to various things that they've done did not punt on matters of real importance.  They didn't sit around and set traps and then chuckle about it with their friends in the press corps.  George W. Bush did not punt on economic recovery or dealing with the acts of terrorism after 9/11, or Social Security reform.  He attempted to tackle this.  But punting, voting "present" and then have your slavish media write stories about, "Has Obama set an entitlement trap for the Republicans?"  Dealing with things is not the Obama way.  Obama uses the biggest issue of the day as a political trap.  And everybody knows what Obama's doing with the budget and entitlements.  This is a small, petty political animal who puts his own needs above all the others.  He's a trillionaire. 

Barack Obama is the first trillionaire in American history.  He treats the federal budget as his personally.  I'm not talking about the Air Force One trips and the vacations and stuff.  He uses the federal budget as his own money -- well, look, that's not the way to put it.  But he thinks it's all his money to spend and do with whatever he wants.  If you want to rail against the rich, you gotta put Obama at the top of the list there, the first trillionaire, lives high off of our tax dollars.  Food prices.  Have you seen the wholesale price index?  It's up.  The inflation everybody feared, it's here.  It has been for a while, actually.  Now it's showing up in the official measurements.  Food prices and shortages are causing a lot of the upheaval around the world.  People in Washington want it to be something else.  They want it to be an uprising for freedom, an uprising for democracy, an uprising for all the wonderful things, but it's largely to do with food prices, shortages, a number of other things. 

By the way, 95% of the American media oppose defunding Obamacare.  That ought to tell you where we are in this.  Ninety-five percent of the media oppose defunding and they're running polls here that say the majority of Americans oppose cutting funding, which is ridiculous.  Clothing prices are gonna go up 10% in the spring.  Cotton primarily is the culprit.  But natural fibers along with synthetic fibers, prices are on the rise.  Inflation is starting to settle in.  And we still, everything's looked at the through the prism of Obama and is he winning, will he shellac the Republicans, will he once again humiliate and embarrass the Republicans? 

This is from The Politico piece:  "Under pressure from about a hundred conservatives --" after the Democrat congressional aide says the Republicans are suckers for being sucked into a discussion on entitlements, "Under pressure from about 100 conservatives to tackle the issue -- possibly through a new privatization plan that was part of the party’s midterm blueprint -- the GOP leadership knows it is taking the first bite of a wormy political apple. 'None of the options polls well,' lamented one Republican insider."  Imagine Lincoln saying that.  None of these options poll very well.  "Democrats are likely to portray whatever the GOP produces as the Son of Privatization." The Democrats are running around predicting, almost hoping, for a shutdown.  In fact, if you look at what Obama's doing he's planning for one.  All the Democrats are gearing up for a government shutdown.  They think that this is the way to get themselves back on top and to set the narrative as it has always been.  We got Pelosi saying Republican policies hurt women and children the hardest.  The cliches are everywhere.  The old playbook has not been updated.  It's all they know to go to and they fail to understand the mind of the public.  They fail to understand just how insistent the public is that all this be gotten control of.

BREAK TRANSCRIPT

RUSH: As far as the media look at it everything Obama is doing as a game, we have audio sound bites. They're trying to play the Clinton game again.  Last night on television, Howard Fineman appeared to talk about the president vetoing the plan, the Republican spending plan and so forth.  "What's going on here, Howard?"

FINEMAN:  What's gonna happen is the House Republicans will pass Draconian cuts.  The Senate, which is still controlled by the Democrats, will not accept it.  Then you've got a situation coming up on March 4th about whether the government is gonna shut down for lack of funds for this year.  The government could shut down!  The president is anticipating that and trying to get ahead of the politics of it.  That's what's going on.

RUSH:  Okay.  "So you think the president's already given up too much of the budget this year, Howard?"

FINEMAN: It's very interesting to watch.  As you say: Offense on this year, defense on next year. Because, yes, he's trying to reach independent voters.  The progressives see that, and they think that things are going in a bad direction for them. They think it's bad now, they think it's gonna get worse for them down the road, and they're right.

RUSH:  So, you see be the whole thing here is a game -- and all of you who voted in November, this isn't a game. This is real. This is your future, this is your kids' fuse, this is the future of the country as you know it.  And now you hear the press willingly, almost admiringly praise Obama for coming up with this brilliant game to get the Republicans to go first on entitlements just like Bush went first on Social Security, proving that the Republicans don't care about the little guy and the elderly and the sick.  They want to kill 'em all! They want to get them out of the homes that they live in and the hospitals and so forth and so on.  You know, Shakespeare said, "Some are born great, some achieve greatness, and others have greatness thrust upon them."  Obama is the last of these.  The media is doing its best to force greatness upon Obama, because there is no greatness, no genuine greatness.  But you hear Fineman and all these other people, Glenn Thrush, "Is Obama really spinning a web to trap these Republicans?  What a great guy!"

They're thrusting it on him.  He hasn't earned any of it.

BREAK TRANSCRIPT

RUSH: There's more on this budget cutting stuff.  Washington Post:  "House Speaker John Boehner dismissed concerns Tuesday about the potential for federal job cuts, saying he thinks the government can't afford to keep so many workers. The Ohio Republican was asked at his weekly news conference about the prospect of federal job cuts if a House GOP plan to trim $100 billion in government spending passes. 'Over the last two years since President Obama has taken office, the federal government has added 200,000 new federal jobs,' Boehner said. 'And if some of those jobs are lost in this, so be it. We're broke. It's time for us to get serious about how we're spending the nation's money.' The reporter who asked the question noted, however, that the government might have to pay federal unemployment assistance to laid-off workers, potentially adding more costs. … 'If this is the attitude of Speaker John Boehner when it comes to saving existing jobs, it's no surprise he's moving forward with draconian spending cuts that will cost even more,' said Jesse Ferguson, a spokesman with the Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee."

Democrats are howling.  This is exactly what they want.  This is what they are setting up.  They think that this is gonna redound to their benefit like it did in 1995.  They think that all of these federal budget cuts the Republicans propose are gonna come back and just ruin Republican electoral chances.  They haven't the slightest understanding of where the public is on this. 

Oceander Milbank, also in the Washington Post, he's got a column here on what Boehner is doing. (paraphrasing) "The dirty truth is that Boehner would stall the economy to help Republicans in 2012 with federal layoffs."  Yeah.  So the Republicans, whatever they're doing here is designed to slow down the economy 'cause that will help them in their election efforts in 2012.  How do you stall an economy that isn't moving?  How in the world do you write a piece that the Republicans want to stall the economy when we've had two years of a president who has taken aim at the economy?  And he has hit the bull's-eye, for crying out loud.  No economic growth, now inflation is settling in.  There aren't any new jobs.  Spending is through the roof.  The deficits are rising. 

The reality is there's no way to pay off this debt that we are in now, there's literally no way it will ever be paid off.  There has to be another objective.  The economy is not moving.  There is no recovery.  Still hasn't started.  And yet the Republicans are trying to stall the economy for their own election benefit in 2012.  It just isn't gonna play, Mr. Milbank.  You guys, this is 2011.  This is not 1995.  It's not 1980.  You're dealing with a public that is far more informed than you think because they know what you're not reporting.  They know what you're not telling them.  They already know it and your attempts to effect their negative outreach here is not going to work.

BREAK TRANSCRIPT

RUSH:  Let me put this in perspective.  Eight hundred billion dollars in stimulus spending wasted.  Not one dime in return for it.  A hundred billion dollars in cuts.  One-eighth of it is a disaster?  Come on, media.  Get with it.  You're better than this.
BREAK TRANSCRIPT

RUSH: Rolling Meadows, Illinois, this is John.  Thank you for calling, sir.  You're next on the Rush Limbaugh program.

CALLER:  Hi, Rush.  It's an honor to talk to you.  I've been listening to you since before you had a toll-free number.

RUSH:  (laughing) We did.  I remember we did not have a toll-free number when we started.

CALLER:  Yes.

RUSH:  We made the callers pay. That's right.

CALLER:  The reason I'm calling was to add on to what you said earlier about we added 200,000 new bureaucrats in Washington, and John Boehner says on cutting that: If some people lose their jobs, then so be it.

RUSH:  So be it.

CALLER:  Well, Nancy Baloney turned around and took bits and pieces of it, made it sound like he was talking about the general public and said maybe -- her quote -- you know, so be it so I am but not for the people who are losing their jobs.  She made no mention that it was bureaucrats, and that just ticked me off so much. I was just aggravated beyond control.

RUSH:  It's the same thing.  You remember how the Democrats took Newt Gingrich out of context when he was talking about Medicare, and they claimed that he wanted Medicare to 'wither on the vine.' They media TV commercial out of it, and it was not at all what he was talking about.  Look, what you heard Pelosi say, the Newt example I gave you, is more evidence that there's not a shred of honesty associated with liberalism.  They can't be honest about what they believe, they can't be honest about their agenda, and they have to lie about ours.  Pure and simple.  And that's what Pelosi was doing.  They're at their wits' end.  They're trying to recapture power using an old playbook and an old series of templates. 

Here's what Pelosi said, by the way.  She said, 'Just today, Speaker Boehner said that if jobs are lost as a result of Republican spending cuts, 'So be it.'  So be it?' Pelosi, D-Calif., asked incredulously. 'Democrats do not subscribe to Speaker Boehner's verdict that if jobs are lost in this Continuing Resolution, 'So be it.'  Maybe 'So be it' for him.  But not 'So be it' for the people who are losing their jobs.  Instead, we support President Obama's budget to 'out-innovate, out-educate, and out-build the rest of the world.'' There's no such thing in Obama's budget as any out-anything.  The only thing we're outdoing is out-debting anybody else, including the Western European social democracies, but he was talking about...

The thing she's leaving out here, and it's pretty important: Since Obama was inaugurated, 200,000 federal workers have been hired.  Two hundred thousand bureaucrats have been hired.  Boehner simply is saying (paraphrased): "Look, if some of these people lose their jobs as a result of trying to get the budget under control, so be it."  Ms. Pelosi, how many millions of Americans have lost their jobs because of your policies over the years, and Obama's?  For crying out loud! Tour policies have led to unemployment -- and if not by design, then it's even worse.  It's by virtue of stupidity! So they create this mess, the mess has to be fixed, and the people that roll up their sleeves and try to fix it are gonna be tarred and feathered as the mean-spirited extremists. 

Part and parcel.  As I say, it's the same page from the same playbook over and over and over again.  There's a difference this time.  The general public is far more informed and educated than even Pelosi is about what's going on in this country.  They are far more educated about what the Constitution says than is Pelosi.  They are far more informed than average journalists are about what is happening in this country.  Now, we've had people that work for government who call here.  These 200,000 jobs that Obama created in the federal government are high-level jobs.  Obama's out there hiring top-level bureaucrats.  Pelosi claimed being unemployed is great for the economy, remember that?  She talked about employment benefits being a great boon. 

Unemployment benefits stimulate economic activity!  Remember that?  So why is she worried that some people might lose their jobs?  It was Pelosi running around saying unemployment is good, because unemployment benefits are paid. (summarized) "Unemployed benefits allow entrepreneurs. Artists don't have the worry about health care and benefits associated with jobs now.  They can go ahead and sit in their pajamas in their basement and draw on their canvases and be totally creative and not have to worry about anything."  So unemployment was good.  Unemployment compensation was great!  It was an economic stimulus.  It freed the creative juices.  Now, all of a sudden, she's dead set opposed to it.  Well, we know the answer to all this is that every bit of what she says is calculated political garbage.

END TRANSCRIPT

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #230 on: February 17, 2011, 12:03:08 am »

Obama is Worse Than Carter
February 16, 2011

BEGIN TRANSCRIPT

RUSH: Kelly in Ogden, Utah.  Hi.  Glad you waited.  You're next on the EIB Network.  Hello.

CALLER:  Thank you very much, Rush.  I've been listening since 1989.

RUSH:  I appreciate that very much.

CALLER:  I just want everybody to remember out there that you are the one who said Obama's presidency would be the second Carter term.  The only thing I would disagree is that may be an underestimation, because I don't think anybody guessed it would be this ugly.  So I've started calling him Jimmy Obama, or Barack Carter. I don't know which it is.

RUSH:  Worse.

CALLER:  Worse. (laughs) Exactly right.  The only thing they're out doing is Carter, and no good's gonna come out of this.

RUSH:  Well, I did say it's the second term of Carter, but there's a big difference.  Carter... Now, this is a benefit of the doubt.  Carter was just a bumbling fool.  This guy's not.  This guy is not a bumbling fool.  I don't care what anybody says, this guy may be naive on certain things, but this is not the result of flawed good intentions.  Jimmy Carter was just bumbling around, and he still is bumbling around.  Well, I'm not saying he's not mean.  I'm not. There's a difference in these two guys, only point is.  And I also want -- I want to say this to you, Kelly.  I did... I knew... (sigh) How should I say this? It doesn't sound classy to say this.  I knew it was gonna be bad.

Why do you think I was running around saying, "I hope he fails"? 

I know where these kinds of policies take us.  I know it.  I know what liberalism does, and it's nothing good.  In fact, one of the disappointing things to me is that I am not surprised by this. If you are, that's fine. Whatever it takes to sock people into reality.  My dream would be that we have a population someday that hears somebody is a liberal and that dooms 'em. They are forever doomed. They are never gonna have a chance to get elected simply because they're liberal, simply because they're Democrats.  That's my dream.  That people understand what the Democrat Party is all about, as it's constituted today, that people understand what liberalism is.  Everybody knows what communism is.  Everybody knows what socialism is.  Well, we're not far from it with today's Democrat Party.  It's a pretty narrow space between those two in terms of differences.  I think a lot of people do know it.  They just don't want to admit, "My gosh, we've elected somebody like that." 

END TRANSCRIPT

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #231 on: February 17, 2011, 12:16:58 am »

Dems Won't Be Able to Repeat the Great Gov't Shutdown Party of '95
February 16, 2011

BEGIN TRANSCRIPT

RUSH: Don't think for a moment Obama's not setting up a government shutdown here and try to recreate 1985, shift the blame to the Republicans.  I mean, they're doing their own budget.  Obama's budget's a blueprint; all president's budgets are.  Congress actually does the budget.  And they'll send it up there, and if Obama vetoes the thing, then he wants a shutdown.  He wants a shutdown because he thinks he can reverse his own fortunes just like Der Schlick Meister, Bill Clinton, did in 1995.  But you know what they always say. You ever thrown, folks, you ever had a spontaneous, great party? It just happens Friday or Saturday night.

You get together with some people, just have a great time, and you say, "You know what, let's do this next week," and you try to do the same thing next week. It just isn't the same.  Well, I predict to you it will be the same effect for the Democrats if they try to recreate the government shutdown party of 1995 here in 2011.  I got a note here from a friend listening intently to the program, all this that we've discussed today, and this is really good: "The Only Hope the Country Has -- The only hope this country has is through the innovations of a free people, a people who are free to benefit from their good ideas and their hard work.  History has proved over and over there's no shortcut.  University eggheads and politicians do not have, never have had a better way to achieve prosperity for a nation. 

"Hard work born of free people benefiting from their innovations."  Now, government can't accomplish this.  Government only gets in the way and makes it more difficult.  Government does not create wealth.  By definition, government does not create wealth.  Government confiscates wealth.  So the government needs to get out of the way, and that means quit taking so much wealth away from the private sector.  That's the hope that we have. That's the only hope we've got.  America's hope is not in stimulus bills.  It's not in mortgage-assistance programs.  It's not in green technology sponsored by the government with crony capitalism subsidies.  It's not in windmills or any of that -- unless market forces can combine with need and necessity to create something that's profitable in a new energy sector, and that will happen if the country remains free.

That kind of stuff cannot be forced on us.

The country is not gonna become great and rediscover itself because of electric cars or any of that, or any of these other government ideas. 

It just isn't going to happen. 

And looky here!  How many...? Remember all these arguments about government-funded abortions?  "No, Rush, the government doesn't pay for abortions.  That's just one of the tricks you people on the right try to always use."

BREAK TRANSCRIPT

RUSH: We're talking about the government shutdown of 1995 and how the Democrats are hoping to relive that wonderful moment in their political history because they do view it (perhaps correctly so) as one of the elements that revitalized the dormant Clinton regime at the time.  'Cause Newt and the boys had the House Republicans on a roll.  This was just the second year after they had been sworn in.  And the government shutdown happened, and it was totally orchestrated.  Clinton told the federal employees, "Don't worry, you'll get your back pay." (interruption) Okay, the question is: "If it saved Clinton, why did he sign welfare reform?" 

It didn't alone save Clinton, but they think it did. We're not dealing with reality.  This is what they think. The Democrats think that this is how they beat back this Republican revolution. That's why I'm eager to repeat this.  We have a montage from my television show in 1995 about the budget battle the Democrats think they won and are looking to replay.  This is how they were behaving. This is what they were saying back in 1995, 16 years ago.  Is that right?  Yeah.  Five, 11... Regardless of the lousy at quick math in head, this is what they're hoping to replicate.  This is perhaps a prelude to things that you will hear them say as we get closer to March this year, which is the government shut down date.

REP. SAM GIBBONS: GOP! Get Old People! 

REP. WILLIAM CLAY: What's next?  Castration?  Sterilization?

REP. JOHN LEWIS:  They are comin' for our children! They are comin' for the poor! They are comin' for the sick, the elderly, and the disabled!

WHITE HOUSE SPOKESMAN MIKE MCCURRY:  The reason they're trying to slow the rate of increase in the program, I suppose, is because eventually they'd like to see the program just die and go away.  You know, that's probably what they'd like to see happen to seniors, too, if you think about it.

REP. MAJOR OWENS:  What is being done to our society -- the torture and the maiming of our society -- is incomprehensible.

REP. GIBBONS:  You're a bunch of dictators, that's all you are.  I had to fight you guys 50 years ago.

RUSH:  That was Sam Gibbons.  You know, he parachuted in on D-Day at Omaha Beach, and he was claiming that the Republicans were just like the Nazis he had to fight 50 years ago.  Ah, Major Owens! Oh, my glad to hear that voice brought back from the archives, the Grooveyard of Forgotten Hits. Major Owens: "What's being done to our...?" This is the guy who said the sharks still swim the route of the slave ships from Africa to the United States. Sharks are still out there. They're still hoping that more slaves will be thrown overboard for them.  He said it, we have the tape, and it was John Lewis saying, "They are coming for our children!

"They are coming for the poor! They are comin' for the sick, the elderly, and the disabled!" It was Mike McCurry who said, "[T]hey'd like to see the program just die and go away.  You know, that's probably what they'd like to see happen to seniors, too, if you think about it." William Clay: "What's next?  Castration?  Sterilization?" Sam Gibbons: "GOP! Get old people!"  That's the budget battle of 1995. That's what they're hoping to rekindle.  Back to the phones, Janet in Shiloh, Illinois, I'm glad you waited.  Great to have you on the program.  Hello.

CALLER:  Hello, Last Man Standing.  How are you?  I wanted to emphasize how this is not 1995, and I agree with you completely because I'm not a stupid woman.  Obama is gunning for government shutdown, and he's delusional.  I think that's the polite word.  Because back then as you would recall the Democrats used all sorts of threats as to why they couldn't do things like shut down the government or impeach a president, and one of them was the stock market would crash.  Well, the stock market has crashed, and it gave us this president that has further taken us off the rails of the country.

RUSH:  Yeah.

CALLER:  We have eight million homes, claims Mort Zuckerman, in some state of foreclosure right now.  Unemployment's been up above 8% since this fellow's taken office.  The Democrats, they said the Republicans want to let granny die.  Well, the Democrats have given us death panels.

RUSH:  Exactly right!

CALLER:  Yes.  Yes, yes, yes!

RUSH:  Who is it that's given us the death panels?  Who is it that's doing that? Exactly right.

CALLER:  Right.

RUSH:  Who is it that's forced people out of their homes?

CALLER:  Right! (giggles) It's the Democrats, and they have no compassion -- and you know what else, Rush?  This is really important.  There's a lot of people in their forties -- late thirties, forties, early fifties -- who have been in the private sector had their retirement savings wiped out. Their homes, if they haven't lost them, are worth a fraction of what they were -- and they're more reliant on Social Security than they ever were.  We've got to take this fight straight to the jugular of the Democratic Party!  We've got to stop letting them be the bullies that they are who destroy people's lives.  That's what they are about.  Look at our major cities! Look what the census numbers of Chicago are. They've got a 1920's percentage of people living there in Chicago now.  Who organized Chicago?

RUSH:  I know.

CALLER:  Who?  Obama.

RUSH:  It's the same sad story in New Orleans.  It's the same sad story in Detroit where they're actually talking about bulldozing houses.  It's the same sad story.  Whenever Democrats have run a city unchecked, take a look at the city.  State, same thing. Janet, if you're willing, you need to be signed up as a spokesman for the Republican Party.  This is what the Republican Party ought to be saying! This is what people in the country think. The Republicans could score major points by simply validating what people already think.  People in the e-mail ask (snidely), "Well, you FOR a shutdown, Rush? You were for it last time."

Damn right I am! 

Shut it down! 

Let's prove again we can live without it for a few weeks.  So-called essential jobs will not go undone.  We're not thinking like winners here.  We should prepare for what happens when it happens, and what happens is that we prove the world will not turn to dust and blow away when this government stops operating for a while -- and at the same time, we make it clear that this is being done because the president seeks to bankrupt the country, and we refuse to be any part of it.  We make it clear that HE is shutting down the government for his own political reasons.  We make it clear that HE and his media are treating this as a giant political game all for him to win.  1995 was what it was.  This is a different time and aim different place today. 

For one thing, Obama is not Clinton.  Clinton, there was no better liar than Clinton, and there still isn't.  Obama is a stumbler! You take the teleprompter away, and he's got zilch.  In fact, the Republicans proposed cutting the teleprompter budget in the White House as a joke?  You take his teleprompter away and he's got nothing.  In 1995, basically it was still me.  There was no Fox.  There was no giant blog network.  The New Media was in its birth stages, if you will.  It's a whole different day today.  It's a whole different time.  We've gotta tell people exactly what's going on.  Barack Obama is holding the government hostage for his own political ambitions. He's playing a game with it!  His whole budget is a game. There's nothing serious in it. I'm glad you called.  I appreciate it.
END TRANSCRIPT

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #232 on: February 17, 2011, 01:15:08 am »
28% Republicans, 32% Democrat, and 40% independent,     Thanks, DC.. that was what I was looking for earlier.  Says it all.
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #233 on: February 17, 2011, 10:22:10 pm »
DC are you going to do each post separately now so we discussion of pertinent points doesn't get buried in the middle between issues?

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #234 on: February 17, 2011, 10:39:05 pm »
DC are you going to do each post separately now so we discussion of pertinent points doesn't get buried in the middle between issues?

Yes....that would be better don't you think?

Just put up the 1st one....it's long....it's about Wisconsin's demonstration protests of government employees and teachers'  unions

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #235 on: February 17, 2011, 11:43:03 pm »
Yes....that would be better don't you think?

Just put up the 1st one....it's long....it's about Wisconsin's demonstration protests of government employees and teachers'  unions

Yes, I think much better, happy you have your own section now!   :beer:

Offline Badeye

« Reply #236 on: October 11, 2011, 06:51:30 pm »
Facinating discussions on Rush today in light of Christie's endorsement of Romney.
Trump is going to win AGAIN

Offline Badeye

« Reply #237 on: October 13, 2011, 04:16:47 pm »
Man Rush is lighting up the GOP Establishment over the Tea Party today.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #238 on: October 13, 2011, 05:28:07 pm »

I'm listening.

He has Romney on a spit and he's turning it slooowly over the fire.

Offline Badeye

« Reply #239 on: October 13, 2011, 05:36:35 pm »
I'm listening.

He has Romney on a spit and he's turning it slooowly over the fire.

Yep, and the establishment. Did you hear the stuff about the GHW Bush whitehouse?

lol

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
« Reply #240 on: October 13, 2011, 06:06:46 pm »
The blowback begins....

Offline Badeye

« Reply #241 on: October 13, 2011, 06:11:10 pm »
Yep. But people are flat out running away from Perry now. I'm seeing that in quite a few forums, all over FB.

Offline Rivergirl

« Reply #242 on: October 13, 2011, 06:30:37 pm »
Yep. But people are flat out running away from Perry now. I'm seeing that in quite a few forums, all over FB.

People are paid to comment on FB.    We need to think for ourselves and not allow FNC or the rest of their cohorts in the msm to choose our candidate.

Offline Badeye

« Reply #243 on: October 13, 2011, 06:38:19 pm »
People are paid to comment on FB.    We need to think for ourselves and not allow FNC or the rest of their cohorts in the msm to choose our candidate.

Thats true, some people are paid to post on FB.

I don't see any of them, however. And I don't anyone that 'allows FNC' or the msm to choose who they are going to support.

The bottom line is every poll has Perry's fall continuing, Cain's meteoric rise continuing, and Romney gaining ground in half of them, slightly up in a quarter, and maintaining in the rest.

Oh, and they alshow Gingrich inching up again. Right now he's ahead of Perry in most.

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
« Reply #244 on: October 13, 2011, 06:40:04 pm »

I am not married to Perry.  I am supporting Perry but mostly in the ABR camp for now.  Whoever demonstrates that they can earn it by dislodging Perry is fine by me, so long as it isn't Huntsman.

Based on the money, I assume it's still a two man race, but money may not be very determinate this cycle.  If Cain catches fire, that's fine by me.  Or Gingrich.  Anybody but Romney.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #245 on: October 13, 2011, 06:42:15 pm »
I remember when Rush used to refer to the House as "Newt and the boys" -- LOL!

I like Newt's intellect, his boldness and his ties.   :laugh:

Offline Badeye

« Reply #246 on: October 13, 2011, 06:57:05 pm »
I am not married to Perry.  I am supporting Perry but mostly in the ABR camp for now.  Whoever demonstrates that they can earn it by dislodging Perry is fine by me, so long as it isn't Huntsman.

Based on the money, I assume it's still a two man race, but money may not be very determinate this cycle.  If Cain catches fire, that's fine by me.  Or Gingrich.  Anybody but Romney.

I"m voting for whoever wins the nomination. As Krauthammer pointed out again last night, if you bet the farm on Romney, you'll be rich. I still think a Romney/Cain ticket is what it will be in the end. So far, thats how its playing out.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #247 on: October 13, 2011, 07:08:09 pm »

If folks would stop and think about it, there are lots of advantages (for winning in November) to a Romney/Cain ticket.  (Yes, I know ... Romney=Obama-lite, sheesh)

Offline Badeye

« Reply #248 on: October 13, 2011, 07:12:41 pm »
Yep. The GOP would carry states in the Northeast, have a decent shot at carrying New York, sweep the midwest, and every southern state.

Owe-bama would be forced to play defense with a large percentage of his warchest, and as we know while he's raising significant sums, he's way down compared to last time, and there is no chance he'll raise 1 billion dollars now.

It could be a 40 state run for the GOP. And with that, a filibuster proof Senate is within reach, a short one at that.

We have to think long term here. If we want Owe-bamacare gone, this is the best way. And I hae no doubt Romney would LOVE to be the guy that killed it.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #249 on: October 13, 2011, 07:17:57 pm »
If we want Owe-bamacare gone, this is the best way. And I hae no doubt Romney would LOVE to be the guy that killed it.

I have little doubt that Romney wouldn't kill Obamacare, especially since HIS ADVISORS from Massachusetts are giving direction to Obama on how to implement it.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.