Author Topic: Rush Limbaugh Live Thread  (Read 55807 times)

Offline Rapunzel

Re: Rush Limbaugh Live Thread
« Reply #175 on: January 27, 2011, 03:20:44 am »
~LOL~......... they are adorable and this is so unlike the image people have of Rush.
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #176 on: January 27, 2011, 11:29:51 pm »
Palin Zings Obama Speech: WTF
January 27, 2011

BEGIN TRANSCRIPT

RUSH: Sarah Palin last night was on with Van Susteren on Fox.  Van Susteren said, "A lot of Americans aren't doing well.  I'm okay, but a lot of Americans need jobs.  What are we going to do about jobs?  Do you have an idea that's any different from what the president said last night, because we're all looking for options?"

PALIN:  That was a tough speech to have to sit through and try to stomach because the president is so off base in his ideas on how it is that he believes government is gonna create jobs.  Obviously government growth won't create any jobs.  It's the private sector that can create the jobs.  His theme last night in the State of the Union was the WTF, you know, "Winning the future," and I thought, okay, that acronym, spot on, there are a lot of WTF moments throughout that speech, Greta.

RUSH: (laughing) Sarah Palin, "A lot of WTF moments in the speech."  So Van Susteren said, "You mentioned the Tea Party.  So I have to ask you about last night.  The Republican response from Paul Ryan was good, from Wisconsin. And then Michele Bachmann had the Tea Party response. And there was a lot of grumbling behind-the-scenes at the Capitol last night about her giving the Tea Party response.  What's your thought, was she trying to steal the thunder from the party? Is she a spoiler? Is she going rogue? Or is she doing something important?"

PALIN:
  I love it when anybody goes rogue for the right reasons, and -- no.  I appreciated that her message complemented Representative Ryan's message, and that was fine.  Both of their messages, too, those conservative, common-sense messages that they had on how to get the economy back on the right track were really good, and they were sound.  They were sound because they were in opposition to President Obama's message, which basically was, "Hey, the era of big government, it's here as long as I am, and I'm gonna find a way to make you pay for big government."  That was the president's message.

RUSH:  Exactly right.  The era of big government is back and you're gonna pay for it.  All the while, the president was trying to sound Reaganesque.

END TRANSCRIPT

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

ROFL!   Sarah Palin crushed this. 
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #177 on: January 27, 2011, 11:40:15 pm »
Her WTF comment last night cracked me up, she really knows how to say what she knows is going to get people all wee-weed up......
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #178 on: February 01, 2011, 01:19:14 am »

Punkin demands dogs get off couch to make room for her.

Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Rapunzel

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #180 on: February 01, 2011, 03:06:46 am »
http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/home/daily/site_013111/content/01125109.member.html

Flashback: What Did Obama's Apologies in Cairo Buy for Us?
January 31, 2011

BEGIN TRANSCRIPT

RUSH: "The leader of Jordan's powerful Muslim Brotherhood warned Saturday that unrest in Egypt will spread across the Mideast and Arabs will topple leaders allied with the United States.  Hammam Saeed's comments were made at a protest outside the Egyptian Embassy in Amman, inspired by massive rallies in neighboring Egypt ...  About 100 members of the fundamentalist group and activists from other leftist organizations and trade unions chanted 'Mubarak, step down' and 'the decision is made, the people's revolt will remain.'"  The Muslim Brotherhood has said the first thing they'll do is tear up the Egyptian treaty with Israel. 

Jimmy Carter's out there saying the Muslim Brotherhood's not behind this.  The Muslim Brotherhood says they are.  Obama says we support the Muslim Brotherhood.  The Muslim Brotherhood says, "We're gonna tear up any country that has any relationship with the United States," and Pharaoh Obama of Chicago says, "Well, I'm down for that struggle."  I just got a report from an expert involved in matters like this.  "According to the news agencies, about 250,000 people gathered around Egypt to protest," and 250,000 looks like a lot of people on TV.  The population of Egypt is 80 million, so 250,000 (if the math is right) is .3% of the population.

I mean, there's no doubt you get 250,000 people upset and angry about something it's news, because unusually Egyptians don't protest the government for any reason.  But this is not exactly a democrat mandate, either.  Point three percent of the peoples?  I mean, by that standard Farrakhan's Million Man March shoulda made him president.  Isn't that what we're talking about here?  You got 250,000 people, "You gotta get rid of Mubarak."  Obama says, "We support the uprising."  Biden says, "Get rid of Mubarak.  He's not a dictator, but get rid of him."  Andrea Mitchell (NBC News) says that's a typical Joe misspeak; we'll look past it.  So .3% of the population starts raising hell and the reaction is, "We gotta make this guy president, the Muslim Brotherhood, get rid of Mubarak." It's important to keep these things in perspective.

Let's go back.  I want to review some Obama speeches.  We're gonna get to other news items, folks. Don't think for a moment that old El Rushbo is gonna be distracted from other things in the news out there such as health care and the waivers, such as 40% of all employees exempted from Obamacare are unionized.  Forty percent are members of unions, 40% of all people exempt with these waivers.  There's that, there's a lot of stuff out there.  We'll start with Friday night in Washington, the White House.  Obama, speaking about the unrest in Egypt.

OBAMA: Around the world, governments have an obligation to respond to their citizens.  That's true here in the United States, that's true in Asia, it is true in Europe, it's true in Africa, and it's certainly true in the Arab world where a new generation of citizens has the right to be heard.  When I was in Cairo shortly after I was elected president I said that all governments must maintain power through consent, not coercion.  That is the single standard by which the people of Egypt will achieve the future they deserve.

RUSH:  The guy is coming out... I had people... I'm gonna tell you, I had people... I was out to dinner with some friends Friday night in Los Angeles.  We went to the Grand Havana Club, one of the last civilized spots in the world, where you can smoke a cigar (as many as you want) and have dinner, quality food at the same time while watching a sports event on TV -- and everybody in the room and including the waitresses and waiters are smiling.  The Grand Havana Club, Beverly Hills, one of the last civilized spots.  I had my iPhone with me, and I'm checking e-mails, and I've got people saying, "Obama just came out in support of the Muslims!" 

"Wait, Mubarak's a Muslim." 

"Yeah, but these are the radicals! Obama's just come out and supported them."

This is the comment that they had heard.  You have .3% of the population protesting, and here's Obama say, "Well, yeah, we'd better listen to 'em out there."  Obligation to respond to their citizens?  So the truth is on.  They want Mubarak gone.  This regime is sidelining up their sights to get rid of Mubarak.  Here's Obama.  Let's go back to June 4th, 2009.  This is Obama.  He told the Muslim world that now that we have elected him -- and that the great Satan, Bush, was gone -- everything is gonna be hunky-dory.

OBAMA JUNE 4, 2009:  Much has been made of the fact that an African-American with the name "Barack Hussein Obama" could be elected.

AUDIENCE: (applause)

OBAMA: But my personal story is not so unique.  The dream of opportunity for all people has not come true for everyone in America but its promise exists for all who come to our shores -- and that nearly seven million American Muslims in our country today who, by the way, enjoy incomes and educational levels that are higher than the American average.

RUSH:  This always amazed me. Forgive me here if this offends some of you, but we're minding our own business on September 11th; our own airplanes are hijacked by Islamist Muslim radicals, 3,000 people end up dead, and we think we have to reach out to Muslims.  Obama gets elected, he goes over there, and gives this speech in Cairo as an apologist for the United States.  It's always perplexed me.  Some people, it rubbed 'em the wrong way.  Obama talks about must exhibit a responsibility to its citizens.  Tell that to the Tea Party.  Using Obama's own logic, the Tea Party ought to find somebody and they should be president today.  Obama, this regime, its media certainly have more love, devotion, and acceptance of the Muslim Brotherhood than they do the Tea Party. 

So if the Muslim Brotherhood .3% of the Egyptian population, should be named leaders simply because of this protest, what should that mean for the Tea Party?  How come Obama didn't say anything during the Iranian protests?  I mean, we had average Iranian citizens trying to get rid of the mullahs and Ahmadinejad.  What percent of the population was Iran was protesting them?  I'll guarantee you it was a lot more than .3%.  Now, we didn't say anything about that.  They gotta listen to citizens out there.  Well, I don't know about a "Sputnik moment," but didn't Obama had an Egypt moment back on November 2nd?  Didn't the people speak?  Obama seems to have largely ignored it.  In fact, he's doubling down here on all kinds of things.  Back to Cairo, June 4th, 2009.  Obama apologizing.

OBAMA JUNE 4, 2009:  Iraq was a war of choice that provoked strong differences in my country and around the world.  Events in Iraq have reminded America of the need to use diplomacy and build international consensus to resolve our problems whenever possible.  9/11 was an enormous trauma to our country.  The fear and anger that it provoked was understandable, but in some cases it led us to act contrary to our traditions and our ideas. (sic) We are taking concrete actions to change course.  I have unequivocally prohibited the use of torture by the United States, and I have ordered the prison at Guantanamo Bay closed by early next year. [2010]

RUSH:  Well, I don't know about torture, but Gitmo is still open.  But how about this whole bite?  "Iraq was a war of choice that provoked strong differences."  We paid no attention to "our traditions and ideals"?  Of what, defending ourselves?  But now this same guy can't wait to embrace the Muslim Brotherhood, whoever it is that's responsible for this uprising, and what are these people demanding?  They're demanding freedom, they're demanding democracy.  That's why Bush went into Iraq.  Obama has apologized for that. "Nah, we shoulda done consensus. We shoulda done diplomacy."  So I said earlier in the program: How in the world do you leave Bush out of the equation?  If you're gonna praise these guys, the Muslim Brotherhood or whoever this, for being a pro-democracy movement -- if you're gonna praise them -- then don't you have to link what happened in Iraq and the desire for similar freedom elsewhere in the Middle East? 

Obama wasn't through apologizing in his Cairo speech.

OBAMA JUNE 4, 2009:  In the middle of the Cold War the United States played a role in the overthrow of a democratically elected Iranian government.  Now, I understand those who protest that some countries have weapons that others do not.  No single nation should pick and choose which nation holds nuclear weapons, and that's why I strongly reaffirmed America's commitment to seek a world in which no nations hold nuclear weapons.

AUDIENCE:
(applause)

RUSH:  Oh, yeah, let's hear a standing O for that because his audience knows, "Fine, Mr. Obama. You get rid of yours so that we'll be the only ones that have any, 'cause we have no intention of not developing nuclear weapons."  So this nation was sold out June 4th, 2009. He hadn't even been in office six months and he's over in Cairo selling us out, blaming us for everything, blaming our nukes. "We don't have the right to determine who's got nukes and who don't."  Well, the ChiComs certainly think they do; the Russians certainly think they do.  Hell, Obama even apologized for Bush's attempts to spread freedom!

OBAMA JUNE 4, 2009:  There's been contr'versy about the promotion of democracy in recent years, and much of this controversy is connected to the war in Iraq.  So let me be clear: No system of government can or should be imposed by one nation, by (sic) any other.

RUSH: Have you forgotten this?  You hear this, and doesn't it...? It just makes your blood boil again.  Impose freedom?  Freedom is not an imposition.  We don't impose; we liberate.  Obama doesn't even see that, or doesn't want to see it.  But wait a minute, now, he's kinda caught pretzeled, is he not?  Because he's promoting a democratic uprising.  He's in support of the promotion of democracy.  He's embracing it.  But, boy, that Bush was a bad, bad guy.  What did all these apologies buy us?  What did we get as a result of our president running around saying all these things?  Well, here is a montage Friday and Sunday, CNN's Fareed Zakaria, Christine Romans, AP's Hamza Hendawi, a former Navy SEAL, and John King at CNN talking about anti-government protests in Egypt.

ZAKARIA:  During a demonstration, anti-American anger was palpable.

ROMANS: ...t'voice some anti-American sediments. (sic)

HENDAWI:  Some of the protesters were carrying anti-American banners.

NAVY SEAL: With the anti-American rhetoric that's going on there right now...

KING:  The people don't trust us.  A lot of anti-American sentiment.

RUSH: Whoa! Whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa.  How can that happen? Obama has been to Egypt. He apologized for us. He told everybody over there, "We've been wrong and we're gonna make it right. I'm president now, and we're not gonna do these horrible, rotten things to you that my predecessors have done.  I'm apologizing," and still with Barack Hussein Pharaoh Obama now, President of the United States going into his third year, there's still anti-American sentiment in Egypt.  How can this be?  Where is the love? Where his the consensus? Where is the appreciation in the radical capitals of the Middle East for our boy president who was so apologetic and so understanding and so promising and assuring that never again would the United States be a bully in that part of the world? Yet still, ladies and gentlemen, the Muslim Brotherhood as of this weekend is still promising to rip apart any country that has ties with the United States, even while Pharaoh Obama is the leader.  It's supposed to be just the opposite.  June 2, 2009.  This is couple days before the Obama speech, Lara Logan, CBS News live from Cairo.

LOGAN JUNE 2, 2009: (accented) Sunset in Cairo. The call to prayer rings out.  Thousands fill the mosques for Friday prayers.  Mooslims around the world are paying close attention to the overtures made by Barack Obama from his first moment as president.  America's new leader has raised the hopes of Mooslims all over the world who now expect to which of one man.

RUSH: (impression) "The hopes of Muslims all over the world rested on one man, Barack Obama.  The hopes of Muslims all over the world," and Egypt burns despite one man: Pharaoh Obama.

BREAK TRANSCRIPT

RUSH:  Obama's aides, by the way, just so you know, Obama's aides in the regime claim that his Cairo speech inspired Iranians.  Now, people forget, there was a big public Iranian uprising in 2009, and you may not even remember it.  It wasn't widely reported, but it was much, much larger than this, and they are still in Iran, they're still hanging members of the public who protested against the regime in Iran.  They're still hanging 'em.  And when that happened, Obama's aides claimed that it was his Cairo speech that inspired the Iranian uprising, but his speech was never broadcast in Iran.  They blocked it.  Besides, there was nothing inspiring in that speech anyway. All there was in that speech was my country's been guilty but never again since I'm here.

END TRANSCRIPT

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #181 on: February 01, 2011, 04:55:48 am »
I am starting to think about Nostradamus these days,

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #182 on: February 02, 2011, 01:58:33 am »

Punkin Demands Top Billing
February 1, 2011

BEGIN TRANSCRIPT

RUSH: I went home last night. A lot of people have been complaining to me ever since, on our Facebook page and at RushLimbaugh.com, we have been posting a lot of pictures of me and the dogs, and the cat-lovers in the audience are afraid that somehow Punkin's gone or has left the house in protest or has been relegated to irrelevance.  I'm getting e-mails: "What about Punkin? What about Punkin?  Are her feelings hurt?  My gosh, you never even talk about her anymore!"  Okay.  All right.  So I went and got Punkin and had Kathryn take couple pictures of me with Punkin almost asleep on my shoulder. (interruption) Punkin?  Yes, she recognized me.  She recognized me. (interruption)

Yeah, I was gone for four days.  She recognizes me.  She lets me know.  (interruption) Well, she was mad on Sunday when I got back.  She always is mad when I've been gone for four days. She comes and headbutts me in bed and so forth.  Nah, she was cool.  She demanded top billing so no dogs in this picture, just two pictures of me and Punkin. Then she demanded top billing alone, not even me. So I put her on top of the sofa and took a great picture of her. There's three of them up there, just to let people know that Punkin's still around and ruling the roost.  But I ran the risk of death, according to the news report yesterday that you could die if you sleep with your animals.  Punkin was right there on my shoulder.  I'm alive today to talk about it. 

END TRANSCRIPT

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #183 on: February 02, 2011, 02:30:53 am »

Reagan-Appointed Judge Saves America from Health Care Disaster

February 1, 2011

BEGIN TRANSCRIPT

RUSH: A federal judge has just ruled all of Obamacare void, unconstitutional.  He has not said it may continue to be implemented under appeal.  This ruling, ladies and gentlemen, demonstrates that we cannot tweak Obamacare. We can't throw out the parts we don't like but keep some things we do like and then build on that.  Even a federal judge -- a Reagan appointee, by the way, about which I'm gonna have more to say in mere moments. But this regime all of a sudden the last couple weeks loves Reagan, right?  Obama's out there as Reagan. He wanted to be Reaganesque at the State of the Union.  The Drive-Bys are singing the praise of Ronald Reagan.

Fine. 

Absolutely wonderful. 

We need to remind everybody, this is a Reagan-appointed federal judge and that we are living not under a Reagan economy but Obama economy. Hooverville. Obamaville.  So where are we?  A federal judge has realized you cannot work this health care law without this mandate tax.  He has seen it. There's some brilliant, brilliant writing from this judge.  Let me give you an example: "It is difficult to imagine that a nation which began, at least in part, as the result of opposition to a British mandate giving the East India Company a monopoly and imposing a nominal tax on all tea sold in America would have set out to create a government with the power to force people to buy tea in the first place." 

This is brilliant.  It is commonsense simplicity equaling brilliance.  "It's difficult to imagine a nation which began, at least in part, as the result of opposition to a British mandate giving the East India Tea Company a monopoly in the colonies and then imposing a nominal tax on all tea sold," leading to the Boston Tea Party. "It is difficult to imagine that [the Founders] would have set out to create a government with the power to force people to buy tea in the first place."

(New Castrati impression) "Mr. Limbaugh! Mr. Limbaugh! This was not about tea, and you know it. This was about health insurance."

Mr. New Castrati, if they can force us to buy health insurance, they can force us to buy broccoli. 

"That's not what it means, Mr. Limbaugh!"

With people like you in charge, Mr. New Castrati? Once you people get it in your heads that you can force us to buy health insurance, what's to stop you from making us buy a stupid electric car? 

That's why this is unconstitutional, and there's no implementing it while it's under appeal.  So where are we?  What happens if Obama ignores it?  Everything I've read from the regime says, "Eh, it's an outlier. It's surprisingly insufficient."  They have objected to it every which way but legally.  I have not read a legal response to this ruling from the regime.  So if Obama ignores it, he's defying a federal court.  I can't remember... Well, yes, I can.  I was going to say, "I can't remember when a president has openly defied a federal court," but Obama did via Ken Salazar with the drilling moratorium in the Gulf of Mexico, after the rig explosion out there.

But a president, an administration, openly defying a federal court ruling is an extremely serious constitutional crisis, whether the media thinks it is or not.  Again, I just ask you: If Nixon had ignored the judiciary during Watergate, what do you think would have happened? Liberals woulda gone nuts about it.  So is Obama going to uphold the law and comply with the Constitution, or not?  Whatever court does down the road is beside the point.  The ruling of the day is the law is unconstitutional; it has been voided.  The regime must legally deal with this, and they will. If they ask for a stay, then they are acknowledging the ruling and admitting that they understand it. It doesn't matter that it might be overturned later.
The law of the land right now is this is unconstitutional.  We have three branches: Legislative, executive, judiciary.  The executive cannot tell the legislative or the judicial what to do.  This bunch thinks they can.  Senator Chuck-U Schumer was asked about the three branches.  I don't know if he was serious or not.  Some people think he was serious.  He said, "You have the House, the Senate, and the president." I wouldn't doubt if he were serious.  We do know that this regime violated and ignored a federal court order on their drilling moratorium in the Gulf of Mexico.  So we have an increasingly lawless president. 

"Did you mean to say that, Mr. Limbaugh?" 

Yes, I did, Mr. New Castrati. 

We have an increasingly lawless president.  Look at his attack on the Supreme Court over Citizens United, plus his administration saying they'll continue to implement this law. (CBS had that story last night.)  What you see is a lawless, statist mentality -- and, in this case, unconstitutional behavior -- if the regime does not comply with the court.  Plain and simple.  Now the media is out attacking Vinson, the judge.  They're retracing his own history with our health care system, how he had to pay $700 cash or some such thing to afford the birth of his first child.  As though there's something criminal or corrupt or whatever. They're doing their best.  They're not trying to defend Obamacare.  They are going out and attacking the judge. 

They never examine the history, the past of liberal judges.  I think, folks, that we should proudly play up the fact that Judge Vinson is a Reagan nominee.  The left now loves Reagan.  They've been invoking Reagan since the buildup to Obama's State of the Union show.  "He's Reaganesque! He's been reading all about Reagan! He tried to sound Reaganesque on the economy in the State of the Union show."  Obama loves Reagan now.  So I assume that Obama would love the judges that Reagan appointed.  Vaughn Walker, the judge in San Francisco who ruled for same-sex marriage, was also appointed by Reagan; they love him.  Sandra Day O'Connor was appointed to the US Supreme Court by Reagan; they love her. 

I would assume if they're going to be consistent, that they will looove Judge Vinson.  I think also... Didn't this regime ignore a law regarding Arizona during the Arizona illegal immigrant law?  I have to double-check that.  But I think it's good.  We should encourage the State-Controlled Media to identify who appointed this judge, because not only was this judge's decision brilliant and courageous, most people agree with it.  We should be shouting this from the rooftops. Two-thirds of the American people don't want Obamacare.  Two-thirds want it repealed.  Here comes a judge who is on the side all of significant majority. Proudly proclaim his name: Judge Vinson! Proudly proclaim who nominated him: Ronald Reagan!

Brilliant decision.  Reagan judge! Reagan judge! This Reagan-appointed judge upheld the Constitution, struck down Obamacare. It's great for conservatism. People on our side who believe the era of Reagan is over, you can slink away now and come outta your hole in a couple of weeks.  For now the era of Reagan is alive and well and may have saved the United States from a transformation into pure, utter socialism.  Long live Ronald Reagan and long live Judge Vinson, and long live all of Reagan's appointees.  Two-thirds of the American people agree with the judge.  The administration loves Ronald Reagan all of a sudden.  We should mention Ronald Reagan appointing this judge as often as John Kerry's Vietnam service is mentioned, which is every time his name is mentioned.  Let the people know who stands with the Constitution and who does not.

BREAK TRANSCRIPT

A lot of support articles today for the monologue I just presented, the Morning Bell at the Heritage Foundation just has a fabulous review of this ruling and what it all means.  What you really need to know is that there was some erroneous original reporting that said the regime can continue to implement while they appeal.  They cannot.  This law has been voided.  It has been ruled unconstitutional.  And I heard earlier today that Obama is sequestered behind closed doors today, not having any public meetings for most of the day.  It is said that he's meeting with advisors over what's going on in Egypt.  Ha.  I don't believe that for a minute.  There may be some of that going on.  I think there is abject panic over this ruling.  For crying out loud, folks, you know it as well as I do, this is the linchpin, this is the foundation of the new America.  They were hoping to sneak in this ability the federal government mandate people have something by virtue that not have something and that once it's been established that it's constitutional you have to buy health insurance or face a penalty or maybe jail time, where would it be constitutional to say that they can't make you buy a gun?  What if some Republican regime comes along next time and says you gotta have a gun?  It's sophistry to think that anything of the sort is in the Constitution.

I'll tell you Judge Vinson's reference to the original Tea Party was really a great poke in the eye for the Democrats and the media.  I mean he coulda cited any number of examples, but I mean to take that one, I mean that was just ng, ng, ng, ng, I'm gonna jam this in the nearest orifice I can find and I'm not stopping 'til I hear a lot of pain, ng, ng, ng, ng.  As we know, this bunch hates the founding.  Well, they don't hate it; it's a problem for them, rhe whole notion.  If you can mandate that anybody or everybody buy health insurance, what's to keep President Palin and a Republican Congress mandating that you buy a gun and that you shoot caribou with it?

BREAK TRANSCRIPT

RUSH: Ladies and gentlemen, about what a "teachable moment" Tucson was, even when it wasn't teachable moment.  My question is: Why aren't we hearing what a teachable moment these Middle East uprisings are -- or are they teaching the wrong lessons?  The dangers of runaway power and unresponsive governments.  This is what our regime is telling us we need to learn.  This is what happens when you have an unresponsive government, runaway power.  They could be talking about themselves.  They say Mubarak hasn't listened to his people.  Really?  (chuckles)  Is this regime listening to us?  We don't want and have never wanted their health care. 

You remember how so many of the Democrats refused to even go to public events or attend town halls during the last campaign.  They didn't want to hear from their constituents.  So let's hope this is a lesson.  Here's another passage, by the way, from Judge Vinson's ruling voiding Obamacare, making it unconstitutional.  "I note that in 2008 then Senator Obama supported a health care reform proposal that did not include an individual mandate because he was, at that time, strongly opposed to the idea, stating, 'If a mandate was the solution, we can try to solve homelessness by mandating everybody to buy a house.'" 

Judge Vinson put this in the ruling, and Judge Vinson is right.  Obama opposed a mandate.  Do you know why? Because Hillary Clinton was for one, and during the campaign he was trying to distinguish himself from her, and when she came out for the individual mandate, he reamed it. He obliterated the whole point of a mandate.  He said we can't do it that way.  That's not the right way to go about it.  We need to do it in other ways.  The words of the framers.  Obama's a constitutional scholar, folks; he taught constitutional law.  More properly, he taught how to subvert the Constitution to a bunch of ACORN types when he was in Chicago. 

END TRANSCRIPT

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #184 on: February 02, 2011, 02:45:33 am »
http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/blogs/cityinsider/detail?entry_id=82229&tsp=1

SF supes take on Rush Limbaugh and his racist comments

Rush Limbaugh: Apologize. That's what Supervisor Eric Mar is demanding in a resolution he introduced today. Mar's resolution came in response to comments that Limbaugh made on his Jan. 19 radio show in which he mocked Chinese President Hu Jintao's speech at the White House.

The right-wing commentator said, ''Hu Jintao: He was speaking and they weren't translating. They normally translate every couple of words. Hu Jintao was just going ching chong, ching chong cha.''

Limbaugh's remarks drew condemnation from Asian-American lawmakers, including state Sen. Leland Yee, civil rights groups and others. Now San Francisco is poised to weigh in.

snip
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #185 on: February 02, 2011, 02:51:42 am »
http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/blogs/cityinsider/detail?entry_id=82229&tsp=1

SF supes take on Rush Limbaugh and his racist comments

Rush Limbaugh: Apologize. That's what Supervisor Eric Mar is demanding in a resolution he introduced today. Mar's resolution came in response to comments that Limbaugh made on his Jan. 19 radio show in which he mocked Chinese President Hu Jintao's speech at the White House.

The right-wing commentator said, ''Hu Jintao: He was speaking and they weren't translating. They normally translate every couple of words. Hu Jintao was just going ching chong, ching chong cha.''

Limbaugh's remarks drew condemnation from Asian-American lawmakers, including state Sen. Leland Yee, civil rights groups and others. Now San Francisco is poised to weigh in.

snip

Bottom line.....Rush is on RADIO.  As an entertainer, he must hold the listener's interest.  It was no different than iconic comedians doing skits on television....whether it be a drunk proud Russian or a Chinese Dry Cleaner.  People need to get over it!  

And furthermore, this will only draw more curious people to his radio show, IMO

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #186 on: February 02, 2011, 02:56:47 am »
 ~LOL~ a REAGAN judge!

Today the administration trotted out the canard that they have won 12-2 so far..... they are counting the 10 cases thrown out because the plaintiffs had no standing as a constitutional win in their column.  Megan Kelly almost laughed her guest off the air over this,

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #187 on: February 02, 2011, 03:01:11 am »
~LOL~ a REAGAN judge!

Today the administration trotted out the canard that they have won 12-2 so far..... they are counting the 10 cases thrown out because the plaintiffs had no standing as a constitutional win in their column.  Megan Kelly almost laughed her guest off the air over this,

The very same REAGAN that the LEFT is now adoring? [/s]

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #188 on: February 02, 2011, 03:02:14 am »

The very same REAGAN that the LEFT is now adoring?

Yes!  the REAGAN that obama is pretending to be this week..

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #189 on: February 02, 2011, 03:05:54 am »

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #190 on: February 02, 2011, 03:10:25 am »

Those are great..........

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #191 on: February 02, 2011, 03:15:03 am »
Those are great..........

ROFL!    Isn't that "Ben"?   He's cute.

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #192 on: February 02, 2011, 03:40:28 am »
Lawless Regime to Ignore Ruling

February 1, 2011

BEGIN TRANSCRIPT

RUSH: It appears, ladies and gentlemen, the regime is just going to ignore the judge's ruling.  We go now to... Who is this?  Jean Cummings, the managing editor of The Politico.  She was asked, "What's the administration gonna do?"

CUMMINGS: I think the administration is just going to move forward and hope for the best and hope that they get the ruling that they argue they deserve.  Clearly this judge in Florida went further than anyone else did, and basically put the entire issue of the law now before the Supreme Court once the case gets there.  But the Supreme Court would have had the ability to review the whole law anyway.  So whether these negative rulings are narrow or broad doesn't really change the process that this issue is on, and that is resolution in the Supreme Court.

RUSH: Right.  Well, but it does.  See this is the key, and this is where, as I mentioned earlier, any one of the 26 attorney generals who have filed suit can move now and ask for an immediate ruling from Judge Vinson. The minute the signal is made that the regime is gonna ignore his ruling, somebody needs to consult him again, and that's what this sounds like.  Well, you know, they're just gonna keep going 'cause everybody knows it's gonna go to the Supreme Court anyway. So we'll just wait until he gets there.  In the meantime, they're just gonna move forward.  They're just going to move forward on all of this. It doesn't surprise me.  Frankly, it's what I expected from them. This is an increasingly lawless administration anyway.  Ignoring the judiciary.  I just want you to think back again: What would happen if Nixon had done this during Watergate.

"What are you gonna do?  The judge has ruled."

Nixon says, "I'm not gonna pay any attention to 'em. Screw 'em. We're just gonna keep going." 

There could have nuclear blowoffs, explosions going off all over Washington, DC. 

BREAK TRANSCRIPT

RUSH: We spent a lot of time in the previous hour explaining severability, lack of a severability clause.  I'm certain, as I said, that the regime did not want to play around with any severability, particularly because of the mandate and the fundraising aspect that was crucial to having the mandate that 32 million people (well, everybody) buy insurance or at least pay a fine if they don't.  Now, the judge said that he's not going to sever the individual mandate from the rest of the law because it was not possible to do so given the structure of the law and how it all revolves around the mandate -- which it does, which was my point.  It all resolves around the mandate.  But there's plenty of arrogance to go along the part of the regime, too, in this.

Now, the judge said something else. He didn't write this but essentially he said: I'm not a legislator; I'm not gonna rewrite the law.  So I just voided all of it. 

Now, the left is out there saying he's an activist judge.  If he were an activist judge, he would have rewritten it.  That's what activist judges do.  Activist judges take a law they don't like and rewrite it so that it will pass their version of constitutional muster.  They'd put a tax increase or whatever in it.  This guy said, look, this thing is flawed, it's unconstitutional, and I'm voiding it. The whole thing.  Which takes us back to this sound bite, again, Jean Cummings at Politico.  She was asked this afternoon on television: What the regime do as a result of this ruling?  (replaying of sound bite)  Look... (sigh) These people, Ms. Cummings as an example, really, honestly, folks, they make this job very hard. Because what she just said is senseless. 

What she just said is ignorant.  I do not like talking this way about people.  She's clueless.  It is clear she hasn't the slightest idea what she's talking about. (interruption) I know people have told her that, but that's the point. You know, the people that she wants to hear certain things told her what she wanted to hear, and she went out and reported it.  "I think the administration, they're just gonna move forward. They're gonna hope for the best and hope they get the rules that they argue they deserve."  They deserve?  Gee, they deserve to be able to act extra-constitutionally?  "This judge in Florida went further than anyone else did," she said, "and basically put the entire issue of the law now before the Supreme Court, once the case gets there. 

"But the Supreme Court would have had the ability to review the whole law anyway, so whether these negative rulings are narrow or broad doesn't really change the process that this issues on, and that is resolution in the Supreme Court."  Negative ruling?  This was a positive ruling.  It reaffirmed the constitutional premise of individual liberty and limited federal power.  It's a very positive ruling.  You know what she's saying? "Essentially, the judge never ruled.  Well, it doesn't matter what he said 'cause everybody know it's gonna go to the Supreme Court."  How does everybody know that?  It's gonna go to the Supreme Court 'cause of what this guy did!  And tell me, if this case doesn't matter, why did the regime defend in this case? 

They sent a lawyer to defend. They presented their case to Judge Vinson just as the opponents of Obamacare presented their case to Judge Vinson.  So if the case doesn't matter, why did they even bother to show up and defend themselves in court on this case?  Clearly it matters. It's very sad that this is the state of competence that we have in big time media.  "Well, you know, they're just gonna move forward. They're gonna hope for the best, and hope to get the rules that they argue they deserve."  Ms. Cummings, what...? The whole thing has just been thrown out.  It's just been ruled unconstitutional.  That means it stops; it has been voided. 

Apparently what she's been told is the real news here is the regime's just gonna ignore this on the premise that it's gonna end up on the Supreme Court anyway. So we're just gonna keep implementing this until it gets there, and there are I must stress again (to the point of having to apologize and being redundant) there are people who think that the judge's ruling gave them permission to keep implementing under appeal.  He didn't.  So as I said in the first hour, the next thing to happen is one of the attorney generals from these 26 states can go back to Judge Vinson and say, "The regime is ignoring your ruling.  We need an injunction. We need something," and then the regime would have to go argue that. That would, of course, then make the point of what we are all up against.

BREAK TRANSCRIPT

RUSH: John Lewis has weighed in, ladies and gentlemen, on all this.  This afternoon on television he was asked the following question:  "The Supreme Court will probably decide it by a 5-4 ruling and the odds are that it could go against the administration.  Doesn't this throw all of its planning into jeopardy?"

LEWIS:  There have been two "jerges" rulings against a section of the law, and two "jerges" ruling in favor of the law. I'm sure the administration will appeal and we will wait for the decision of the United States Supreme Court, but I believe health care is a right and not a privilege. I think the president and the administration and the Democrats in the Congress did what was right to set us on a path to providing comprehensive health care for all of our citizens and we cannot go back. We've come too far.

RUSH:  Come too far, in violating the Constitution.  We've taken too many steps beyond where the Constitution says we can go to come back.  We've been there and we've gone so far over the line where the Constitution says we shouldn't go that we shouldn't have to go back. I crossed that bridge once before.  I don't want to have to walk back across that bridge.  John Lewis on the Obamacare ruling.  We've come too far to go back now. 

Lamont, Illinois.  James, you're next on the EIB.

CALLER:  Once and for all we have to put to rest the idea that health insurance is anything like automobile insurance.  Driving is a privilege.  You must pass an eye test, a written test, a road test, and you must provide proof of financial responsibility.  The Illinois law, when it first went into effect, you could post a bond.  Now, nobody does that.  They simply buy liability insurance.

RUSH:  Right.

CALLER: And liability insurance pays others, should you be judged liable in operating an automobile on a public road.  My mom is 94.  She doesn't drive.  She doesn't have to buy automobile insurance.

RUSH:  Right.

CALLER:  And you can buy lots of things from insurance companies.  Annuities, stuff like that.  Now, in a matter of the court decision, if the president goes ahead and starts enforcing the health insurance law, I believe he would be in contempt of court.

RUSH:  No question about it.

CALLER:  If that was a Supreme Court, a federal court decision, I think that it would be incumbent upon the US Marshals, which are the enforcement arm of the US courts, to arrest the president --

RUSH:  Well --

CALLER:  -- and hold him for contempt of court.

RUSH:  I don't know about that.  You know, those kinds of things involving presidents, I don't know.  But it is clear, it is clear that this judge has voided the law and it appears the regime is just gonna say, screw it, we're gonna keep implementing.  If they're not stopped, keep doing it, some AG is going to have to go back to Judge Vinson and --

CALLER: And get a contempt of court ruling.

RUSH: Yeah, or some other ruling.  I don't know if it would be called contempt of court.  Obama is already in contempt of the American people by just this whole health care bill in itself.  He's already in contempt of the people.

CALLER:  Yes.

RUSH: He's already doing things the American people don't want.  Now he is defying, it appears, a federal judge.  The rest of us can't do this.

CALLER:  Well, if it's a federal judge, then the US Marshals may be after him.

RUSH:  Well, do you really expect that?  Do you really expect the federal marshals will be knocking on the Oval Office door?

CALLER:  Maybe the American people should be expecting that.

RUSH:  Well, that's a different thing.  But I hear you.  Don't misunderstand.  These kinds of things are different with presidents, and for certain reasons.  I know that the media would have loved to frog march Karl Rove out of the Oval Office.  They would have loved to frog march Bush out of there over what he said were lies about Iraq and all that. I'm glad James called because that is an illustration of the seriousness of this.  We have a certain percentage of people in the country who believe the federal government's all powerful, whatever they want to do they can do, and the judge says it doesn't matter.  People do think that presidents are above the law.  And we've had some presidents who think they are above the law, particularly if they are confused and think that they are on some moral crusade that supersedes the law.  Anyway, James, I appreciate it.

BREAK TRANSCRIPT

RUSH: Bill in St. Matthews, South Carolina.  I'm glad you called, sir.  Welcome to the program.

CALLER:  Hey, Rush, thanks for taking my call.

RUSH: Yes, sir.

CALLER: Hey, listen, I think people are missing the biggest thing.  It's not health care that just got ruled on.  Obama is basically backed himself into a game of Supreme Court roulette.  When this goes before the Supreme Court, it's not about health care.  This is about Obama.  And listen, he can't afford to lose this.  And because he can't afford to lose this, he will find a way not to go to the Supreme Court.  Listen, Rush, if he loses on the Supreme Court, his presidency is over.  So he has to circumvent this.  I predict he'll get with the Republicans and come out and say they're gonna fix health care, and he cannot let this go to the Supreme Court.

RUSH: Well, wait a second.  Two things.  If the Republicans fall for that, I can't see it.  Republicans bailing him out on -- number two, I'm not ready yet to accept the premise that his presidency is dead.  There might be a devious part of Obama that would love the Supreme Court to rule against him.  Gives him every opportunity to point out how the right wing and the enemies of the little people have taken over this country and how finally he is needed more than ever to make sure he gets his shot to appoint correct judges that are gonna recognize the needs of the downtrodden in this country, he's tried so far but this is what he's up against.  He is already on record as calling them out at the State of the Union speech two years ago on the Citizens United ruling.

I think he would love nothing more than an occasion and an opportunity to rip these people a new one and blow that place up, and use himself almost as a martyr.  We'll have to ask if Elena Kagan will have to recuse herself on any health care cases.  She argued a bunch of them.  You know, she was solicitor general for the regime for a time.  I'll have to ask my legal beagles about that.  I understand what you're saying.  It is about Obama.  If the Supreme Court says he is unconstitutional, I can see you thinking he can't tolerate that.  That's a repudiation he doesn't want.  This guy so dislikes the Constitution, that would just fit right in with his whole argument that it's outdated, needs drastic change and so forth and so on, but still an interesting point.

END TRANSCRIPT

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #193 on: February 03, 2011, 11:07:59 pm »

This Never Happened in Dallas When J.R. Ewing Ran the Show
February 3, 2011

Listen To It! WMP | RealPlayer
Audio clips available for Rush 24/7 members only -- Join Now!

BEGIN TRANSCRIPT

DALLAS: J.R. takes over Harwood Oil (1982)

RUSH: Mexico has had to provide electricity to Texas.  It is amazing.  I have friends, I have coworkers, I have colleagues on the ground in Dallas.  But they actually can't touch the ground because there's still a sheet of ice one-inch thick over -- and they're pouring sand on it, not salt.  It's a shame, too. Dallas is getting ripped through all kinds of media for being unprepared and uncaring.  I even saw (I forget who it was last night) somebody said, "Yeah, well, it's just because the Cowboys aren't playing in the game. That's why Dallas doesn't care."  That's silly.  There are establishments from Fort Worth all the way to Grapevine who have invested a lot of money getting ready for this week and they've had to shut down.  I'm talking about retail shops, bars and saloons with adult beverages and so forth.  The crowds aren't there. 

You tune in, you watch ESPN (I kinda smile at this) and these guys are freezing themselves. They're outside in Fort Worth, and at the Super Bowl you can see their breath. As they speak, their mouths are getting frozen, which is a benefit for the viewer in many cases at ESPN.  But Mexico has now had to provide electricity.  "Mexico will provide electricity to Texas to help the state weather an ice storm that has forced rolling blackouts."  So now we have to thank Mexico.  Dallas has... Pshew! Not effectively shut down, but it's been bad.  They have rolling blackouts in some areas. Some areas are without power for eight hours or more.  Schools are closed for the third straight day.  As I said, a lot of businesses can't open because of the power problems.  This never happened, this never happened when J. R. Ewing ran the show down there. Never one time. They were driving big cars all over the place down there, everybody was. It's just a shame we can't maintain traditions.  Mexico helping Texas out with electricity!

BREAK TRANSCRIPT

RUSH: Now, I mentioned earlier Senator... Oh, let me grab a phone call here. We have people from Dallas who want to weigh in here. They're not happy down there when the news has gotten out that Mexico has to provide them electricity. (sigh) You know, I know Texans.  I have a lot of friends who are Texans.  I love going to Texas.  I've been to South Fork, and this story out there that Mexico is having to provide electricity for Texas -- particularly in Dallas during Super Bowl week -- is not sitting well.  Here's Andrew in Dallas. It's great to have you on the program, sir, and hello.

CALLER: Hey, brother Rush! It is an honor, a pleasure, and a privilege to speak with you, sir.

RUSH: I know. Thank you very much.

CALLER: It is absolutely crazy here in Dallas with all the ice -- and, yeah, the whole global warming thing? That's a freaking joke, let me tell you. I think a lot of the reason that we've had so much trouble with the power is what they've said on the local news stations is because a lot of the pipes going into the power plants as far as like the natural gas lines and the water-cooling pipes and all that stuff, it's not prepared for this kind of weather 'cause, you know, it's extremely out of the ordinary here.

RUSH: It is. Wind chills in the double digits below zero.

CALLER: Yep.

RUSH:
Temperatures in the single digits. It is highly unusual. So the cold weather is the culprit here in the power plant's ability to function and produce electricity?

CALLER: Right. The scariest thing about it is driving 'cause Texas people don't know how to drive on the ice, and it's the nature of my business that I drive a thousand miles a week.

RUSH: Wait a minute.

CALLER: So trying to watch out for all these people, it's scary, man.

RUSH: Wait. Who does know how to drive on ice?

CALLER: Well, definitely not Texans.

RUSH: Folks, driving... (interruption) All right, Snerdley.  Snerdley, is saying, 'Northerners know how to drive on ice." (interruption) I'm not talking slush, and I'm not talking snow.  I'm talking ice.  You can't stop.  There is an inch of ice on everything.  The temperature has gotten nowhere near freezing.  It isn't melting.  They're putting sand on top of the ice, not salt.  It isn't melting. Santa Claus would be having trouble down there -- and the fact that people down there aren't used to driving on, of course, is a factor.  Andrew, I appreciate the call.  This is Michael in Plano, Texas.  You're on the EIB Network, sir.  Hello.

CALLER:  Good morning, Rush.  It's a great honor to speak to you.  Terry byte dittos from cold Plano, Texas.

RUSH: Thank you very much, sir.

CALLER:  I just wanted to call and tell you, I lost it yesterday morning. My wife thought I was having an aneurysm.  The business I work in is dealing with a lot of the power outages and branch outages that occurred to us because of these rolling blackouts that were instituted by a group called ERCOT [Electric Reliability Council of Texas]. They manage the unregulated utility companies in Texas.  And they were the ones that requested these rolling blackouts -- and they were all over the state. They weren't just in the Dallas/Fort Worth area.

RUSH:  Oh, I know.  It's all over the state. 

CALLER:  They had this parade of people on the local news media about crying about being without the power, and I understand all that. But the media was just beating up on the utility companies, and I turned around at the TV, and I'm like, "That's not the story.  The story is why don't we have the capacity to deal with this?"  We haven't built a power plant in this state in God knows how many years because of all the environmental regulations and everybody screams about all that.  We can't build a power plant! We shouldn't have this problem and we certainly shouldn't have to be borrowing electricity from Mexico.

RUSH: I wouldn't borrow it, steal it! What are they gonna do?  How are you gonna give it back?

CALLER:  Exactly.  I told my wife, "This is the United States of America in the year 2011, and in the great state of Texas we're having to have rolling blackouts like a East German Soviet bloc country in the '60s."

RUSH:  I'm telling you... Look, I appreciate your call, Michael.  He's in Plano.  This is affecting them down there. Texas? In Texas, this is not what they're made of.  Rolling blackouts?  I mean, this is Texas.  They think they could secede and have a stronger economy than the rest of the country.  So it's grating on them down there, and he's exactly right.  And we're not even talking nuclear power plants.  It's just trying to ramp up and build even larger ones or brand-new ones.  You've gotta jump through hoops.  And it's not just in Texas, that's everywhere.  And, folks, let me tell you something: If Obama gets his way, rolling blackouts will be the new norm.  What do you think "green energy" is? 

"Mr. Limbaugh! Mr. Limbaugh! Do you have to politicize everything?" 

Look, Mr. New Castrati, I don't initiate anything here.  I react.  You know, I'm sitting here minding my own business, trying to enjoy life and have a great time on my 23rd year of this program.  I could phone it in, but the problem (well, my professionalism wouldn't permit me) is I get here every day and I have to look at how attacks on my country are materializing.  So we've gotta an administration that wants to somehow roll back prosperity in this country for whatever perverted reason.  So, yeah, here's some rolling blackouts in Texas.  What they're trying to do is come up with this new "green energy." They're throwing all kinds of money into it, bribing GE one way or the other. Maybe it's a mutual bribe, I don't know. It doesn't matter. 

The fact of the matter is that in weather like they're having in Texas and throughout the country, the windmills shut down -- and you need wind, anyway.  If there's no wind, you can't fake that.  You can't manufacture that.  The rolling blackouts would be the new norm.  Because, don't forget, as far as Obama and his crowd are concerned, we are wasting electricity. We're using way, way, way much more than our share -- and we have to learn to do with less.  We need to learn what the rest of the world has had to put up with because of us. It's time we learned. It's time we experienced the rigors of life that we have inflicted on others.  There are people in this country who view America in that way, and some of them now have positions of power and leadership in our administration. 

Dallas: Weekly Ewing Oil Staff Meeting

END TRANSCRIPT

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #194 on: February 03, 2011, 11:24:06 pm »

Obamacare Ruled Unconstitutional, But Democrats Don't Seem to Care
February 3, 2011

Listen To It! WMP | RealPlayer
Audio clips available for Rush 24/7 members only -- Join Now!

BEGIN TRANSCRIPT

RUSH: Folks, a federal judge has declared Obamacare unconstitutional.  The law has been voided and it doesn't matter.  Dick Durbin, all the Democrats, they are still implementing the law.  It's as though the Constitution doesn't matter.  The media is not the slightest bit interested in the substance of this.  They're just keeping track of it in the horse race context about how Obama's showing great courage defying this Reagan appointed judge in the interests of what's best for the American people.  It's stunning.  We apply the test, if this were Bush 43 that were ignoring -- let's say that the Democrats had succeeded and they had found that the invasion of Iraq was unconstitutional, just to pick something.  Federal judge says it's unconstitutional so all operations have to cease.  Bush doesn't cease, can you imagine?  That's all we would be hearing about here.  This is not an insignificant item.  We've had a federal judge rule that the whole law is void. 

Now, Dick Turban is out there saying, (paraphrasing) "Well, the judge did not issue an injunction.  The judge didn't say stop this."  The judge didn't think he had to.  A judge affirms murder is illegal.  People continue to murder.  The judge says, well, I didn't offer an injunction against murder, or lawyers for the murderers, the judge didn't issue an injunction.  The judge thought the law being voided spoke for itself.  If you have any kind of respect for the rule of law this is a no-brainer.  I'm just stunned by how little attention it's getting. It's just a ho-hummer for seemingly a lot of people.

BREAK TRANSCRIPT

"Efforts to repeal President Barack Obama’s health care law died a quick death in the Senate Wednesday --" this Politico happily writing "-- but the GOP got a consolation prize -- a bipartisan fix to a tax-reporting requirement in the law that was widely panned by businesses."  I assume that's the 1099 reporting requirement.  The Politico, in interests of great journalism, does not identify the fix to a tax reporting requirement as the 1099 problem.  They assume all of their readers over at TIME, Newsweek, and the Washington Post will understand what they're writing about.  "A Democratic amendment to repeal the law’s new tax-reporting requirements passed, 81-17, with broad bipartisan support. A Republican amendment to repeal the entire health reform law, meanwhile, fell along party lines, 47-51, in a procedural vote.

Mitch McConnell said just holding the votes is a political victory. "McConnell managed to force the roll call on the floor of the Democratic-controlled Senate. And some moderate Democrats are now on the record with a vote in favor of Obama’s signature," unconstitutional health care bill.  So McConnell forced a bunch of Democrats to say "aye" voting for what has now been ruled to be an unconstitutional piece of legislation.  So Politico can say here, full repeal of health law fails, party line, no big deal.  It is a big deal.  Dingy Harry had vowed this would not happen.  That's why I say, this Egypt thing, folks, the Republicans are doing some really good stuff, some heavy lifting, and it's not being reported elsewhere because the story of the day, the juice, if you will, is Egypt.  So some Democrats, vulnerable in 2012, are on record as supporting Obamacare.  Twenty-three Democrats are up for reelection in 2012 and almost half of them are vulnerable, according to polling data that people have now.  So figure 12 to 13 of these Democrats are vulnerable, and they had to go on record yesterday.  This was not part of the plan.
Audio sound bite time.  Let's go to Harry Reid, Dingy Harry, yesterday in Washington on the Senate floor.  This is Dingy Harry speaking about the differences between Democrats and Republicans in the Senate.

REID:  Democrats are fighting to modernize our nation's air travel.  Republicans are fighting to repeal the health reform law, ignoring the 80% of Americans who want them to leave it alone.

RUSH:  What?

REID:  In other words, Democrats want to give passengers the rights they deserve.  Republicans want to take away patient's rights that they already have.

RUSH:  By the way, it's a lame effort, Dingy Harry, to try for the Obama reverb and echo there.  It just doesn't work with your anemic voice.  Every time I listen to Dingy Harry, I want to clear my throat. I feel like I got phlegm in there, just listening to Dingy Harry.  Did you know that 80% of the American people want the law left alone, the health care law?  It's total BS.  They're defending an unconstitutional law, Dingy Harry trying to score points with passenger rights.  Here's Mitch McConnell on the floor of the Senate yesterday.

MCCONNELL:  It's not every day that you get a second chance on a big decision after you know all the facts.  This is that second chance.  And for all of us who oppose the health bill, today we reaffirm our commitment to work a little harder to get it right.  We can't afford to get it wrong.

RUSH:  So McConnell was giving Democrats like Jim Webb and Claire McCaskill a second chance, change their vote.  Claire, by the way, I'm from Missouri, I keep up somewhat with what's going on there.  Her campaign is -- what's the word I'm looking for?  It is schizo.  It's inconsistent.  She comes out against spending.  She's trying to make it sound like she doesn't want to side with Obama on anything one day, and the next day it's the exact opposite depending on who the audience is, and Claire clearly is vulnerable in 2012.  Anyway, McConnell said, (paraphrasing) "Look, if you guys want to get this vote right, here you go."  They didn't avail themselves of the opportunity.  Bernie Sanders, this is last night on MSNBC, the host:  "Senator, how frustrating is this for you to see the bill tied up in a constitutional argument when the provisions that could have been in place, like the public option and other versions of the legislation that were rejected early on by the Democrat leadership, would not have posed any constitutional difficulties?"

SANDERS:  One of the ways I want to see it improved is to give states flexibility to provide health care to all people, maintaining very, very high standards but doing it in a more cost effective way.  And in the state of Vermont, we are moving forward toward a Medicare for all single-payer system.  And I hope very much to be able to get waivers from Congress and the White House in order to allow us to do so.  Because I think at the end of the day if you're gonna provide health care to all of our people in a cost effective way you're gonna have to get rid of the private health insurance companies and put our money into health care, not profiteering, not administration, not bureaucracy.

RUSH: Who let Bernie out of the cage?  Bernie, you're not supposed to say that yet.  Bernie just gave it all away: get rid of the private health insurance companies.  We're gonna have to get rid of and put our money into health care.  Not profiteering, not administration, not bureaucracy, which of course is all it will be.  So this is Obamacare.  This is what it's designed to be:  Single payer public option, yada yada, whatever you want to call it.  But they're not supposed to say this in public, and Bernie Sanders did.  I mean it's one thing when Maxine Waters says we're gonna nationalize and socialize -- everybody just starts laughing.  But when Bernie Sanders comes out here and says we gotta get rid of the private health insurance companies then people cringe because that is the agenda.  That is the strategery.

BREAK TRANSCRIPT

RUSH: Here is the Cybercast News Service.  Dick Durbin told the Cybercast News Service the regime should absolutely continue enforcing the Obamacare law because the federal judge, Roger Vinson. ruled only that the law is unconstitutional.  He had a chance to issue an injunction but he didn't do so.  So we had an unconstitutional law and Dick Durbin, Senator from Illinois says: Hey, yeah, he said it's unconstitutional, but he didn't issue an injunction so we're free to keep on implementing something that he said is unconstitutional.  The Cybercast News Service reporter "asked Durbin to clarify whether the Obama administration should continue to implement the law. 'Oh, absolutely,' said Durbin. ...

"CNSNews.com asked Durbin on Wednesday whether he thinks the Obama administration should stop implementing the health care law. Durbin, a member of the Judiciary Committee, said, 'Personally, I don't, because the judge was asked for an injunction, and he didn’t rule that there would be one. So he hasn’t enjoined any conduct or activity. ... Judge Vinson, Monday had a chance to not only decide whether it was constitutional but to issue an injunction,' said Durbin. 'He didn't do that.'" That's Dick Turban.

Well, "there is a long-standing presumption “that officials of the Executive Branch will adhere to the law as declared by the court. As a result, the declaratory judgment is the functional equivalent of an injunction." Judge Vinson says the executive branch must obey.  "[D]eclaratory judgment is, in a context such as this where federal officers are defendants, the practical equivalent of specific relief such as an injunction ... since it must be presumed that federal officers will adhere to the law as declared by the court..." That's from Justice Scalia.

"There is no reason to conclude that this presumption should not apply here. Thus, the award of declaratory relief is adequate and separate injunctive relief is not necessary." The law has been voided.  The judge specifically says that his decision is "the functional equivalent of an injunction."  He says -- the bold text that I just read to you, is from his ruling -- "An injunction is not necessary because it is presumed the executive branch will obey the declaratory judgment that the law's voided."  Let me read it to you again.  Judge Vinson... Remember, Durban is running around saying, "He didn't issue an injunction. He didn't tell us we had to stop implementing the law!"

Here's Judge Vinson from his ruling: "[T]here is a long-standing presumption 'that officials of the Executive Branch will adhere to the law as declared by the court. As a result, the declaratory judgment is the functional equivalent of an injunction.'" The judge said it's an injunction; here it is.  This is "a declaratory judgment."  I'm declaring this unconstitutional.  He has done so.  They keep on.  This is not insignificant, folks.  It's being swept under the rug as though it never happened.  Egypt and other stories are being used to hide and camouflage this.  This is big.

END TRANSCRIPT

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #195 on: February 04, 2011, 03:43:20 am »
Mexico has had to provide electricity to Texas.

I was stunned to read this earlier today......  I cannot imagine this news is going to sit well in Texas of all states, they are also letting water out of Lake Austin at a higher level to try and generate power...

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #196 on: February 04, 2011, 04:29:26 am »
Egypt & American Exceptionalism
February 3, 2011

BEGIN TRANSCRIPT

RUSH: Sandra in Clarksville, Indiana, welcome to the EIB Network.

CALLER:  Yes.  I'm here, and I'm very glad to talk to you.  And is it all right if I call you "Rush"?

RUSH:  Yeah.  Feel free.

CALLER:  'Cause I feel like we're friends. (coughs) Excuse me.

RUSH:  That's all right.

CALLER:  Here's my question: Our country is very young and very new, and we're expected to do a lot of things throughout the world.

RUSH:  That's right.

CALLER:  Yet I'm looking at Egypt, and I see that they have had some sort of organized government for 5,000 years.  Wouldn't you think they'd get it straight now?

RUSH: (chuckles)

CALLER: It's perplexing.

RUSH:  Boy, you don't know it, but in the hands of a much less qualified host, you have just laid a perfect trap for a less qualified host to just stumble into and end his career.

CALLER: (giggling)

RUSH: I, as a highly trained broadcast specialist with seasoning and experience, recognize the trap.  You may not even be aware of the trap that you've set here.

CALLER:  I didn't.  I'm just a person here living in Clarksville.

RUSH:  You're just a person.  Okay. They've been around 5000 years; we've been around 250. Can't they get it right?

CALLER:  Yeah.  That is my question.

RUSH:  All right, well, who are "they"?

CALLER:  Anyone in Egypt who has the ability to --

RUSH:  Right.  Well, who are the Egyptians?

CALLER:  The Egyptian people?

RUSH:  Yeah?

CALLER:  The people who live there.

RUSH:  Where is Egypt?

CALLER:  It's a country.

RUSH:  Where?

CALLER:  (coughs) Excuse me.

RUSH:  Where is Egypt?

CALLER:  In the Middle East.

RUSH:  Technically it's part of Middle East, but actually it's on a continent.  What continent is it on?

CALLER:  It's on the African continent.

RUSH:  Okay.  Now, the less experienced host would end his career right here and there.  I know not to go there, in answering your question.

BREAK TRANSCRIPT

RUSH:  I remember... I guess it was seventh grade, junior high. I even remember the teacher, Mrs. Langdon, when she started teaching us about Ancient Egypt. I got absorbed. I became fascinated with the things I was learning about.  King Tut, mummies, all of it. The pyramids.  I became totally captivated by it, and I remember asking, "What happened to it?"  You know, I'm, what, 13 in the seventh grade?  "What happen to it, because it was so advanced for its day?" Way advanced. When it was a Roman colony, it wasn't even close to what it was in the ancient Pharaoh Obama days.  And so the caller says, "What happened to it?  They've been around 5000 years." The answer, folks, really not complicated at all.

This is what happens to totalitarianism.

There has never been, in Egypt, a genuinely republican, freedom government.  There just hasn't been.  I remember in the early days of this broadcast's history, I'd get people calling here -- even when I worked in Sacramento, I would get the calls from people -- saying, "Well, African culture was leading the world at one time but then conquerors, conquistadors and others came along and stole it. They stole the culture," which always perplexed me.  Okay, you go someplace where there is a culture and then you steal it, right?  Well, what's to stop the people who had the culture stolen from simply keeping the culture going?  Culture is a behavior.  Culture is... I mean, you might steal the libraries, you might steal the churches or whatever, but you can't steal the values.  How did that happen?

You can adopt 'em, absorb them and so forth.  As far as, you know, Obama and his father are concerned, what happened to everybody over there is Great Britain.  That's exactly it. Great Britain is what happened.  Great Britain is what happened to India.  Great Britain is what happened to Ethiopia. Great Britain is what happened to Egypt. They came and colonized everything.  Lord Mountbatten! Lord Mountbatten was despised by the anti-colonialites, but he is Prince Charles' favorite human being and No. 1 mentor. Lord Mountbatten.  So what happened to it?  Why haven't they "matriculated" the ball down the field and become what we have?

That's a question that I ask every time I make a public appearance.  Have you ever wondered why...? I don't care if it's Egypt, Italy, it doesn't matter what nation you ask about.  They have all been around thousands of years.  The ChiComs in one degree or another, the Japanese, the Koreans. I don't care where you go. The Mongols.  I don't care where you go in this world, they've all been around longer as nations than the United States has.  How is it, then, that a population of less than 300 million people, in less than 275 years, came to rule the planet as a force of good with economic output that had never before seen. Lifestyles, standards of living, medical advancement, technological advancement, invention.

The twentieth century alone in this country! It's never before happened.  Why?  As I say, we're not better people.  Our DNA is not special.  We're not smarter. We're not better builders.  Hell, the Romans were amazing builders with what they had to work with.  Why didn't it last?  Well, there are debates about that.  But regardless, nobody has ever come close to us -- and we're but a speck of sand on the human timeline compared to some of these other nations, like she said: Egypt and other African nations.  Five thousand years they've been around, documented history.  Well, there has to be a reason. There has to be an explanation for how we were able to do this, and in that explanation, you're gonna find many of the reasons why there is America hatred in this country.

Because there's a lot of guilt over the fact that we did this.  A lot of people think that the only way we could have become the superpower that we became was by stealing and misappropriating the things from other people: Their valuable natural resources, their best and brightest minds. We stole it for our own selfish reasons.  There hasn't been a genuinely free, republican form of government in most of history for most of the world.  That's the answer.  We have it. That's American exceptionalism.  We're the first.  That's why those of us who love the Constitution genuinely love it.  You can call it a "fetish," I don't care.  It's why we genuinely love it.  It is that special.  There's only one earth, and there's only one chance we all have to live on it.

We are Americans.  Never before in the course of human existence has there been a place like this, and it's not because of where the place is.  It's a factor in certain ways, but whatever we don't have we import. Whatever we have excess of, we practically give away to people.  Any time a disaster happens on this planet where do they look first?  If anybody around the world needs serious medical treatment, why do they go?  Hell, they'll endow entire wings of hospitals to be treated here if they have to.  It's because of the Constitution.  It's because of the structure of our government, the nature of our existence.  It's all there in our founding documents.  We have been the least shackled people in human history.

The full measure of human potential's been on display since the founding of this country (actually, since before the founding, because that was part of the founding of this country) and it continues to be on display.  That is why so many of us cringe when we've got a president running around the world apologizing for this country.  It's why we cringe when we see people who look at it, don't like it or hate it and see the need to reform it and spread government, spread misery so that everybody's "equal," questioning our exceptionalism and suggesting that we "need to find out what life is really like around the world, to see what we've been imposing on people," and of course it's the exact opposite.  I've said this before.  I'll say it again because it's a great illustration.

I'm watching Phil Donahue, his afternoon syndicated show, and he had Laura Dern on there. She's 18 years old, as a guest, and she was practically hysterical describing what it's like to be an 18 year old to get up every day with the threat of nuclear holocaust happening on that day.  And Phil, of course, was doing everything he could to relate and understand and wringing his hands and said, "Yes," were it not for the accident of his birth, he could be living in squalor and poverty in Mexico.  The accident of his birth.  Well, if he wants to look at it that way, fine.  But here's the difference: Poor old Phil Donahue was overwhelmed with guilt over where he was born.  I remember watching.

I was shouting at the TV, "Hey, Phil? Rather than feeling guilty, why don't you feel proud and why don't you do what you can to help spread our way of life to everybody else around the world?"  That's what we want.  We want everybody in this country to experience the affluence, the opportunity that's possible here.  It's why we don't understand the constant drumbeat of running it down and ripping it to shreds and questioning its fairness and its validation.  We hear we're racist, sexist, bigot, homophobes. They're non sequiturs.  Those things do not equal what this country is.  So, yeah, it gets very frustrating when people want to tear this country apart, and it gets very scary when so many of 'em who feel that way have now real positions of power, both in the Congress and in the executive branch.

BREAK TRANSCRIPT

RUSH: Peter in Seattle, you're great for holding on.  Thank you very much, and welcome to the program.

CALLER:  Thanks very much, Rush.  It's amazing to see you.  My mom listened to your show back 20 years ago and I can still hear her laughing in my head about you using the term feminazi.  So it's an honor to speak with you.

RUSH:  Thank you very much, sir.

CALLER:  Thank you.  I just wanted to say something relative to giving the Egyptians time to get their revolution together and to have a clear plan for what the future holds.  What was the time between the Boston Tea Party in the United States and the time we wrote the Constitution?

RUSH:  What was the time between the Boston Tea Party --

CALLER:  And the time the Constitution was written in the United States of America.

RUSH:  Time is short.  You tell me.

CALLER:  Sixteen years.

RUSH:  Sixteen years.

CALLER:  And I just think about the Egyptian people, 30 years under Mubarak is the equivalent of us being 30 years under Jimmy Carter.  That is a lot of frustration.

RUSH:  Well, now, that is an interesting way to put it, or 30 years under Obama.

CALLER:  Oh.  (laughing) 

RUSH:  He's right, though, the years are 1775, 1789.  So in this sense are you supporting the Egyptian peoples?

CALLER:  I am supporting the Egyptian people.  And the other thing is I think one institution they have that is tremendously powerful and positive for their country is the army.  Look at the restraint the army has showed and the respect it has for their Egyptian culture and their Egyptian people.

RUSH:  Well --

CALLER:  I believe that the army is a force that could be the stabilizing force during a period of transition.

RUSH:  You are very shrewd, sir.  You're the first to mention it on this program.  An interesting aspect of this is the position, the role that the Egyptian army is playing and will play when this is all over.  Thanks, Peter, very much.  I appreciate it. 

END TRANSCRIPT

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I heard this "live" today and LOL'd.   I think he's going to get blowback on the African Continent comment.

As far as Peter, IMO.....the army brass will be the first targets to be arrested once the dust settles.  At least that's what happend when the Ayatollah Khomeni returned from Paris.

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #197 on: February 04, 2011, 04:36:38 am »
Very interesting transcript.

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #198 on: February 04, 2011, 04:43:26 am »
Very interesting transcript.

I love what Rush's take is.....that the USA proved what can be accomplished when you set the human spirit FREE!

And pointing out that Totalitarianism doesn't work and hasn't worked for 5000 years. 

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #199 on: February 04, 2011, 04:48:47 am »
I love what Rush's take is.....that the USA proved what can be accomplished when you set the human spirit FREE!

And pointing out that Totalitarianism doesn't work and hasn't worked for 5000 years. 

It is what has always made American Exceptualism....   progressives keep trying to kill the spirit that made us what we are..... and we keep pushing back.