Author Topic: Rush Limbaugh Live Thread  (Read 56015 times)

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Re: Rush Limbaugh Live Thread
« Reply #75 on: January 19, 2011, 03:30:20 am »
Hey DCPatriot - thanks for carrying on with the Rush postings!  That's a lot of work, and I think we're all grateful that you're doing it.

I don't mind at all, OC!

Promise to only post the meaty ones....and like Myst says, he's been on fire this week!  He's a national treasure.

Also, there are many gorgeous graphics that accompany his topics, however they show up in my preview, but not the finished product.  Rush has all the bases covered.   

But my point is that he is shown constantly with Sarah Palin....he and her together.  They're striking.  I'll go get one and save it to my disk. 

Never have seen Rush associate himself with a candidate before.  He is closely aligned with Sarah Palin.

"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Oceander

« Reply #76 on: January 19, 2011, 03:31:51 am »
We could probably work on getting the images over, too, if you wanted to.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #77 on: January 19, 2011, 03:32:54 am »
He is closely aligned with Sarah Palin.

I wouldn't mind aligning myself with ... well, you know.

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #78 on: January 19, 2011, 03:36:46 am »
We could probably work on getting the images over, too, if you wanted to.

Here's a nice one! 

The only way I can think to accomplish it without you joining Rush 24/7 is for me to copy and get it "camera ready" for you in private message.

Then, you can tweak it...as far as fixing the codes on the file names than disable it from appearing.

I don't know....I'm talking out my arse.    :angel:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #79 on: January 19, 2011, 03:39:04 am »
You have to use the Bcc code to post those images

[img]url of the img [ /img]

2nd row, 2nd icon

Well, when I used to post his articles I would have to stop and insert the images...if I wanted them
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #80 on: January 19, 2011, 03:41:05 am »
I wouldn't mind aligning myself with ... well, you know.

lmao...tsk, tsk....
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #81 on: January 19, 2011, 03:43:39 am »
I don't mind at all, OC!

Promise to only post the meaty ones....and like Myst says, he's been on fire this week!  He's a national treasure.

Also, there are many gorgeous graphics that accompany his topics, however they show up in my preview, but not the finished product.  Rush has all the bases covered.   

But my point is that he is shown constantly with Sarah Palin....he and her together.  They're striking.  I'll go get one and save it to my disk. 

Never have seen Rush associate himself with a candidate before.  He is closely aligned with Sarah Palin.

Funny, I was just reading a thread on FR about Levin having Palin's back and a poster said he wished others would back her up........  clearly that poster only listens to Levin because it's clear Rush, Hannity, Levin and tonight even Doctor Laura all have Sarah's back and the more the LSM goes after her the more they back her..... I don't remember anything like this, it is like no other GOP politician exists and many -- like Newt -- are swinging wildly trying to get attention.
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #82 on: January 19, 2011, 03:45:53 am »
The Repub good ole boys hate her and are afraid of her....but Pawlenty knows better..
Support the USO

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #83 on: January 19, 2011, 03:48:33 am »
Funny, I was just reading a thread on FR about Levin having Palin's back and a poster said he wished others would back her up........  clearly that poster only listens to Levin because it's clear Rush, Hannity, Levin and tonight even Doctor Laura all have Sarah's back and the more the LSM goes after her the more they back her..... I don't remember anything like this, it is like no other GOP politician exists and many -- like Newt -- are swinging wildly trying to get attention.

Yeah, but when you look at it from a distance you see that we've not talked about the USA losing its AAA credit rating.

We're not talking about China saying that "as long as we maintain out credit standing.......", they'll continue to buy our debt.  Would love to have been a fly on a wall during their "private dinner".

What I mean is that we've lost an entire week defending Sarah Palin instead of making the Obama administration respond to the economic crisis.

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #84 on: January 19, 2011, 03:51:33 am »
Yeah, but when you look at it from a distance you see that we've not talked about the USA losing its AAA credit rating.

We're not talking about China saying that "as long as we maintain out credit standing.......", they'll continue to buy our debt.  Would love to have been a fly on a wall during their "private dinner".

What I mean is that we've lost an entire week defending Sarah Palin instead of making the Obama administration respond to the economic crisis.

I wonder if Obama shined his shoes for him during dinner? or asked if he could pack up some more of our military secrets to take back to China when he leaves. 

and you are correct... which is why what The Donald had to say this afternoon on Cavuto was so powerful that Neal gave him over 20 minutes by telephone.
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Oceander

« Reply #85 on: January 19, 2011, 04:03:39 am »

Here's a nice one! 

The only way I can think to accomplish it without you joining Rush 24/7 is for me to copy and get it "camera ready" for you in private message.

Then, you can tweak it...as far as fixing the codes on the file names than disable it from appearing.

I don't know....I'm talking out my arse.    :angel:

Myst is correct about how you would go about putting the images into the text.  My thought on it would be to first copy the text over into a basic text editor like Notepad.  Then, in each place where an image is supposed to be, put an opening [ img] tag (without that extra space in there), then put the full url of the image, then put a closing [ /img] tag (again, without the extra space).  Then, copy and paste the entire test plus image markup into the posting form for GBR and post it up.  The images should be displayed where you put the img tags.

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #86 on: January 19, 2011, 04:09:24 am »
Myst is correct about how you would go about putting the images into the text.  My thought on it would be to first copy the text over into a basic text editor like Notepad.  Then, in each place where an image is supposed to be, put an opening [ img] tag (without that extra space in there), then put the full url of the image, then put a closing [ /img] tag (again, without the extra space).  Then, copy and paste the entire test plus image markup into the posting form for GBR and post it up.  The images should be displayed where you put the img tags.

Remember what I said....when I "preview" my layout, the photos appear.   When I then hit "post", they're in purgatory.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #87 on: January 19, 2011, 04:11:55 am »
The Repub good ole boys hate her and are afraid of her....but Pawlenty knows better..

Exactly.  My point about Sarah has always been about how wrong and unfair she has been treated - completely out of proportion to her history - other than being chosen as McCain's running mate.  The left (and apparently, the Republican elites) hate her because she can't be controlled.  She represents an America they hate: God, guns and guts.  
« Last Edit: January 19, 2011, 04:14:48 am by aligncare »

Oceander

« Reply #88 on: January 19, 2011, 04:12:15 am »

Remember what I said....when I "preview" my layout, the photos appear.   When I then hit "post", they're in purgatory.

Do you mind if I go into some of the posts and try to check out what's happening?

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #89 on: January 19, 2011, 04:19:58 am »
Do you mind if I go into some of the posts and try to check out what's happening?

Please help yourself.  Thanks for 'asking'..... ;)

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #90 on: January 19, 2011, 04:21:34 am »

Funny....they all work now.  Did the same steps/procedure.

Computers are really stupid, aren't they?   heh-heh    :coffee:
« Last Edit: January 19, 2011, 04:29:33 am by DCPatriot »

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #91 on: January 19, 2011, 04:54:38 am »

Palin Doesn't Fold Under Criticism
January 18, 2011

BEGIN TRANSCRIPT

RUSH: Sarah Palin appeared last night on Fox, and just made all these establishment, ruling class people crazy again.  She appeared in -- the cliche is "a wide-ranging interview" with Sean Hannity to describe how did she saw the left blame her and all of us for the shooting.  Hannity said, "When did you first realize you were being connected to this tragedy?"

PALIN:  I read my name in the reports, and then I read Rush Limbaugh and then soon your name, Sean, and Mark Levin and soon Tea Party Patriots and soon the entire state of Arizona was being falsely accused of somehow being accessories to this horrendous, horrendous crime.  That is why I was puzzled the first as to why -- before facts were even gathered, why -- it would be that the mainstream media would start accusing and using such a tragedy for what appeared to be, right off the bat, some political gain.

RUSH:  So Hannity said, "Well, what can you tell us about this map, crosshair map?"

PALIN:  For many, many years maps in political races have been used to target certain districts that people would feel that they can get into those districts and find someone whom they believe would represent the constituents' will better than an incumbent.  That's not original.  In fact, Democrats have been using it for years.  In fact, Bob Beckel I believe he had bragged on your show, Sean, that he was the one who invented these crosshairs or these targets.

RUSH:  Hannity asked her if this impacts her or her political future.

PALIN:  They're not going to shut me up. They're not gonna shut you up or Rush or Mark Levin or Tea Party Patriots or those who, as I say, respectfully and patriotically petition their government for change.  They can't make us sit down and shut up, and if they ever were to succeed in doing that then our republic will be destroyed.

RUSH: "Let me ask you about 'blood libel.' Some of your critics are saying that you didn't know the historical significance; others criticized you for the phrase.  I want you to address the timing and that phrase.  What is it?"

CALLER: "Blood libel" obviously means being falsely accused of having blood on your hands.  In this case that's exactly what was going on and, yes, the historical knowledge that people have of the term blood libel, it goes back to the Jews who were falsely accused back in medieval European times of using the blood of children and (sigh) you know, the criticism of even the timing of this statement is being used as another diversion, because I believe that there are many on the left, many critics we don't want, for instance, Congress to buckle down, get back to work.

RUSH:  So she was remarkably composed once again on the Hannity show last night.  She was asked, "What do you think of the president's speech the other night out in Tucson?"

PALIN: Well, I thought that there were parts of it that really hit home, that all of us can hold onto and can live out, obviously.  I agree with those who have said that the setting was a bit bizarre. It was kind of like a pep rally, kind of like a campaign stop and that was unfortunate.

RUSH: "You ever have moments of doubt, feeling that you would like the comfort of not having to teal with this all the time?"

PALIN:  Other people are facing much greater hardships and making greater sacrifices than I am in just engaging in debate and I'm thankful for the opportunity that I have to speak for many, and I will continue to do so. I feel very blessed to be in the position that I am and I'll take the darts and the arrows because I know others have my back, and I have their back.

RUSH: I still say... I don't care what you think about this woman. I don't care what you think about her parking lot possibilities, qualifications, or any of that.  But I just have to tell you, I don't know of anybody in the political arena who has been more impugned, libeled, slandered, ripped, mischaracterized.  It has been vicious, personally vicious and merciless, and she appears untainted by it.  In fact, she has risen above it.  And as you know, our party is filled with people who just cave at the first sign of this.  And they try to make peace with the critics.  "Oh, no, no, no! Don't think of me that way. I'm nice!" She has not done that at all.  So whatever else you think of Sarah Palin, folks, you have to marvel at how she has dealt with this and risen above it, not become bitter by it -- and it just continues, and it increases in its intensity. (interruption)

What, Snerdley? (interruption) Snerdley asked me if I could appreciate it more than most because I know what she's going through.  I've got a microphone if I want to address it every day.  She, up until she's decided to go to Facebook, didn't.  But I don't want to get into a comparison of it because I think the left is always gonna criticize those or try to destroy those who think are their biggest enemies, the biggest threats. I don't know. It  could be a tough thing to deal with, particularly getting audience different than getting votes.  That's why people ask me, "Are you gonna run for office?"  I always use the pay cut line, but getting votes is a whole lot different than getting an audience.

In radio it doesn't matter how many people hate you.  Politics you can't win with people hating you.  You just can't and so it's an entirely different mind-set that you have to have in dealing with this kind of criticism when you're in politics -- and the moment, the moment you act affected by it and the moment you respond to it they just pounce on you as not having character, not having the steel spine, not having the ability to deal with it.  That's where she has totally befuddled them.  She's gotten stronger throughout all this.

END TRANSCRIPT

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
« Last Edit: January 19, 2011, 04:59:56 am by DCPatriot »

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #92 on: January 20, 2011, 02:37:18 am »
Listen every day to Rush.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #93 on: January 20, 2011, 02:56:44 am »

The first time I heard Rush I was completely oblivious to differing political philosophies.  As I listened I began to realize he was articulating a point of view with which I agreed, and he did it humorously.  In the late eighties he was over-the-top satirical and I never knew when he was being serious.  I credit him with opening my eyes to the danger that is liberalism.

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #94 on: January 20, 2011, 03:00:37 am »
I first started listening to Rush when Clinton was elected..

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #95 on: January 20, 2011, 03:01:22 am »

Everything You Ever Wanted to Know About the
ChiCom Dictator Hu But Were Afraid to Ask
January 19, 2011

BEGIN TRANSCRIPT

RUSH: As you know, ladies and gentlemen, Obama, president of our country, said this morning during a ceremony for Hu Jintao that the last 30 years of our relationship with China have been a time of estrangement.  Now, am I wrong or haven't our relations with the ChiComs improved quite a lot since 1980?  I mean we practically sold 'em our country.  What more could we do?  My gosh, the iPhone's made over there, the iPad, what more do they want?  And that's not the only stuff made over there.  Come to think of it the ChiComs might say we could pay 'em back and in dollars' worth a hundred cents.  And in fact, folks, our microphones were there during a private meeting between Obama and the ChiCom leader Hu Jintao.

(playing of spoof) 

RUSH: And that's how it went. There's another meeting, a public meeting, a press conference, at one o'clock right in the middle of this program, Hu Jintao and President Obama. Hu Jintao has said he's going to take four questions.

BREAK TRANSCRIPT

RUSH: From Las Vegas: "Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid branded Chinese President Hu Jintao a 'dictator' on a local TV talk show on Tuesday night..." I'm not used to this kind of clarity and honesty from Dingy Harry.  He called Hu Jintao a "dictator."  This is a remark likely to make the start of Hu's first state visit to Washington, D.C., awkward for President Obama at a moment when the U.S. is trying to ease tensions with the [ChiComs]. Reid ... was responding to a question from 'Face To Face' host Jon Ralston about the December compromise that extended the Bush-era tax cuts.

"The recently reelected Nevada senator veered off on a tangent intended to compare the American and Chinese systems of government to give a roundabout defense of the importance of legislative compromise." (laughing) So in calling Hu Jintao a dictator he's trying to compare the United States and the ChiComs!  Then there's this story from the Associated Press about Hu Jintao's visit: "Feeling snubbed, slighted even, when he visited five years ago, Chinese President Hu Jintao is getting a do-over -- plus the White House state dinner he sought back then but was denied.

"Wednesday's opulent, black-tie affair with President Barack Obama -- the grandest of White House soirees -- will mark the first such event in China's honor in 13 years and could help smooth tensions between the world's two largest economies. Some big questions remain," and these are the big questions in the AP story: "Who will cook?"  Hu is not gonna cook!  Hu is a guest! Hu is coming to dinner.  Yes, Hu is coming to dinner, but Hu is not cooking.  "Can the White House avoid mistakes like the ones that marred the reception when a protocol-conscious Hu arrived for an April 2006 summit?"

I had forgotten this, but this is kind of funny.  Back in 2006 Hu Jintao showed up for the official greeting ceremony at the White House.  Bush didn't hold a lot of state dinners.  Bush doesn't like eating in a tuxedo.  He preferred working lunches.  Bush, I don't know that he had five state dinners. Six? I don't know how many.  It wasn't many.  And, by the way, I don't blame him.  How many of you really enjoy putting on a tuxedo to go eat? (interruption) You do, Snerdley?  You enjoy it? You enjoy putting on a tuxedo to go eat?

Yeah, I used to, but I got over it.  I got over it 30 years ago. (interruption) No, I used to have to do it a lot.  I don't have to do it ever and I rarely do now.  I hate it.  What's the point?  It's like, to me, going to bed in a tuxedo.  Why do it?  Anyway, I know: It's a page from the glory days of the past.  That's just my personally.  I know. Bush didn't like it, either.  So Hu shows up on the South Lawn of the White House, and do you remember some woman protesting the Falun Gong began shouting during Hu's remarks?

Oh-ho-ho! We were watching this here at the EIB Network when this happened, and you could see Hu.  He had hammers and sickles in those eyes.  Hu was not happy, and Bush was not happy. Bush was gonna have to explain this because Hu, no doubt, thought that Bush allowed it to happen. Embarrass Hu this way, ChiCom leader?  So Bush apologized after he and Hu went to the Oval Office.

"Compounding the insult, a White House announcer called China the 'Republic of China,'" which it's not.  It's the People's Republic of China. All dictatorships are the People's Republic of Whatever.  That's "the formal name for Taiwan," which is a tiny island the ChiComs want to nuke if they can't get it back.  So Obama has a chance here to do it over again, and he's doing an official state dinner for Hu tonight at the White House.

BREAK TRANSCRIPT

RUSH: By the way, just to be clear, folks, still not certain here whether Harry Reid meant his comment about the ChiComs being a dictatorship in a derogatory or complimentary way.  I mean China is an authoritarian collectivist dictatorship, but we don't know that Dingy Harry would necessarily find any fault with that.  He seems to be in support of that kind of thing.  We certainly know Thomas L. Friedman of the New York Times loves the authoritarianism of the ChiComs.  He says when the ruling elite are the right people, beats democracy hands down, it's the only way you're really gonna get things done.  Thomas L. Friedman of the New York Times.  The real question about this state dinner tonight is whether everybody's gonna be hungry a half hour after they eat, but I don't know that we'll get any news on that.

BREAK TRANSCRIPT

RUSH: This dinner tonight better not be too opulent.  They better not go too overboard on this because Hu Jintao's paying for this.  And if the regime goes overboard here with all kinds of opulence and expense, you know, Hu Jintao's gonna say, "This is not why we gave you the money.  I can get this at home."

BREAK TRANSCRIPT

RUSH:  Now, I read this outta context.  I'm watching Obama and Hu Jintao.  By the way, the Chinese, they go with their last names first. So Hu's name is actually Jintao Hu, to Anglicize it.  Xiaoping "Dung."  Tse-tung Mao is actually the way. They always put their last names first out there.  It's nothing (interruption) Criticism? No! Don't misunderstand it.  It's just how it is.  So I'm watching these two guys and I see a graphic on the screen that encapsulates something Obama has said at some point during the proceedings here.  It said "Obama," quote, "We want to sell China planes, cars, and software," and I imagine when Hu Jintao listens to this and his translator gets to that point... You know, what does Hu Jintao think when he hears the president say, "We want to sell China planes, cars, and software"?

Hu says, "Why should we buy it when we can steal it?" (laughing) "Why should we buy it when we own it and are paying for it anyway?  Why don't you give it to us?" Also, be prepared. At these things, at these kinda joint soirees with the United States and the ChiComs, just be aware. You have to learn how to listen to the ChiComs.  When you hear Hu Jintao talk about "mutual respect," what that means is... You know what it means, Snerdley? (interruption) No.  It does not mean, "We will bury you. We will conquer you." I'm sure they already think that.  "Mutual respect" means, "Shut the hell up about our human rights abuses! Don't talk to me about the Falun Gong. I don't want to hear it. I don't want to hear about Tibet. Don't even bring up the Dalai Lama.

"We liked the fact you made him go out the back door next to the trash. Don't talk to me about human rights abuses," and in private, Hu Jintao is gonna say to Obama, "Come on, now! What's more important, human rights or cheap iPhones and iPads?"  The ChiComs, they're not gonna... I mean, they'll go through the motions of letting us preach to them, but in private? (chuckles) Why am I the only what? (interruption) Pfft! I don't think I'm the only one that recognizes how evil communism is.  I think there are a lot of people that recognize how evil it is.  There just aren't many in the Democrat Party and there aren't many in the media, but there are a lot of people that still do.  Obama just praised the ChiComs' progress in Africa. 

Now, what are the Chinese doing in Africa?  Do you happen to know, Snerdley? (interruption)

They are colonizing the place! (laughing) They are essentially colonizing. They are becoming the most vicious colonialists in history.  They're buying up -- just as you say, they're buying up -- regional resources. They're letting the locals starve, essentially.  And remember Obama's father hated colonialism. He despised it.  So here's Obama, the big anti-colonialist praising the ChiComs for their progress in Africa.  What's really convoluted before this -- and he praises, he praises ChiCom capitalism.  He praises ChiCom free markets.  They're bad in this country, but they're great over there in China.  I'll tell you who else knows it: Former communists recognize how evil communism is.  We had a story about the Russian immigrants in Staten Island just this week.  They don't want any part of any of this going on.  They don't. The Democrat Party today reminds them too much of what they fled in Moscow.  Staten Island Republicans.  We reported that. 

BREAK TRANSCRIPT

RUSH: I have to admit I'm amused by this.  Probably very few other people are, but I am.  During our obscene profit time-out, I'm watching the news conference between President Obama and the Chinese ChiCom leader Hu Jintao, and I've not seen this before.  Hu Jintao is speaking, and speaking, and speaking with no translator.  They wait 'til he finishes, and then they read what he says in toto -- and of course we don't know.  Translator could be making it all up.  Hu Jintao could be telling us... Who knows what he could be saying to us?  The translators is sitting there saying, "We want to work together, two countries in the world.  China is developing country; America developed country...but not for long!" 

He didn't say that. 

But I'm fascinated.  I listen to this and (laughing) I found myself trying to write down what Hu Jintao was saying in Chinese.  Phonetically so I could repeat it to you. (interruption) Well, it looks like chicken scrawls! (laughing) I said, "I wonder what... I wonder, to the people that can't speak English, what does it sounds like to them?"  Because when I hear Chinese or Japanese, it sounds like all the same word, and I can't comprehend of anybody understanding it.  Of course that's silly. But he's sitting there, (speaking phonetic Chinese).  I couldn't write down anymore. I was losing track of it, 'cause I'm looking up as he's saying all this, and they cut to Obama looking intently as though he understands every word of it (which, what would you expect from the Ruling Class?)

By the way, where's...? I printed it out. What do I do with it? 

Big news.  Ah.  Here it is.  ABC News, The Note, has this, as does TheHill.com.  "Democratic Rep. Steve Cohen (Tenn.) on the House floor Tuesday night compared Republican claims about the healthcare reform law to lies perpetrated by the Nazis that led to the Holocaust." On the floor of the House, Democrat Steve Cohen of Tennessee said, "They don't like the truth so they summarily dismiss it. They say it's a government takeover of healthcare. A big lie just like Goebbels. You say it enough and you repeat the lie, repeat the lie, repeat the lie until eventually people believe it. Like blood libel, that's the same kind of thing. The Germans said enough about the Jews and people believed it, and you have the Holocaust. You tell a lie over and over again."

How is that "toning down the rhetoric" going? 

How is this "new civility" working out? 

Now, there was no audience. This was probably special orders last night.  So nobody was listening.  It was on C-SPAN so, effectively, nobody heard it. (interruption) I don't know. That's a good question: "Which Republican is gonna sit next to this guy during the State of the Union Show?"  But how's all this "new civility" working out for you?  And I'll bet you we don't have two days of hysterics about how horrible it is to use the term "blood libel."  Of course not because Cohen is Jewish, so he has free rein to use it.  So he just compared the Republicans to Nazis, to Joseph Goebbels.  Not one comment!  I mean, it's in The Hill and ABC's The Note, but there isn't any outrage over this.

END TRANSCRIPT

BREAK TRANSCRIPT

RUSH: Hu Jintao gave Obama a lesson.  And, by the way, what did I tell you?  I told you mere moments ago that when you hear the whole subject of human rights brought up, I told you how to react.  When they start talking about mutual respect and so forth, when Hu Jintao starts saying it, that just means shut up about our human rights abuses, just shut up about it.  So this actually happened.  During the Q&A, Bloomberg TV White House correspondent Hans Nichols said to Hu: "I was wondering if we could get an answer to that question on human rights.  Also, on Capitol Hill, Harry Reid and John Boehner are not attending the state dinner.  Many on Capitol Hill see China as a threat.  What can you do to allay their fears?"  This was the answer from Hu Jintao.

HU:  I did not hear the question about the human rights.  What I know was that he was asking a question directed at President Obama.  Since you raised this question and I heard the question properly, certainly I am in the position to answer that question.

RUSH:  But I'm not going to.  I didn't hear the question on human rights.  Besides, you asked that of Obama.  I'm in a position to answer it, but I'm not going to.  Now, here in the next answer Hu Jintao says that the ChiComs are committed to human rights and warns the US to stay out of their business.

HU: China is always committed to the protection and promotion of human rights.  China recognizes and also respects the universality of human rights, and at the same time we do believe that we also need to take into account the different and national circumstances when it comes to the universal value of human rights.  Though there are disagreements between China and United States on the issue of human rights, China is willing to engage in dialogue and exchanges with the United States on the basis of mutual respect and the principle of non-interference in each other's internal affairs.

RUSH:  He told us to go to hell.  He told the media to go to hell. He told Obama to go to hell.  We have a different version of human rights than you do. Our version is one child per family. If they try more they're dead.  Our version of human rights is they get in the way of our tanks, we run 'em down. Our version of human rights is if they're the Falun Gong they go to a labor camp.  Our version is if they're from Tibet we're gonna kick the crap out of them.  What are you gonna do about it?  You got your own problems.  And this guy, Hu Jintao could say, "Look, we've had meetings with your people and they've told us you have your own human rights violations."  That did happen.  That's how the Obama regime does it.  Finally, "What can you do to allay the fears of Republicans and others who are not coming to the state dinner tonight?"

HU:  As for the latter question about the attendance of the state dinner by some congresspeople as to who will attend and who will not attend and for what reasons, I think President Obama is certainly in a better position to answer that question.  (laughter)

RUSH: (laughing) So here's the ChiCom leader:  I didn't hear the question on human rights, ask Obama.  What, who's coming, who's not coming? I don't want to go, either, I'm happy for the honor, but ask Obama why they're not showing up.  Not my problem, just more food for me.

BREAK TRANSCRIPT

RUSH: One thing for human rights activists, know this.  The ChiComs have a Nobel Peace Prize winner.  They had him locked up in jail.  Imagine if we had Algore locked up in jail.  I know, we can dream.  But imagine.  What's the human rights community around the world to think the way we're bowing down to the ChiComs?  They're Nobel prize winner is in a gulag!

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Oceander

« Reply #96 on: January 20, 2011, 03:02:08 am »
The first time I heard Rush I was completely oblivious to differing political philosophies.  As I listened I began to realize he was articulating a point of view with which I agreed, and he did it humorously.  In the late eighties he was over-the-top satirical and I never knew when he was being serious.  I credit him with opening my eyes to the danger that is liberalism.

I credit my having been a clueless liberal in college with having opened my eyes to the danger that is liberalism.

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #97 on: January 20, 2011, 03:06:14 am »
Hu says, "Why should we buy it when we can steal it?" (laughing) "Why should we buy it when we own it and are paying for it anyway?

Yep. Boeing thinks they are in great shape selling all those planes to China.... well in five years Boeing will be undercut with their own designs in China.. these sales are the beginning of the end for Boeing.

BTW Hu flew into DC on a COMMERCIAL flight........ he doesn't have his own personal plane to fly around the world in...... which begs the question... what does he think of our high-flying POTUS

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #98 on: January 20, 2011, 03:10:18 am »
Is anyone watching that golf show with Rush..I watched it for the first time last night..a caller today said what I was thinking last night...this is a side of his personality I haven't seen.
Support the USO

Offline aligncare

« Reply #99 on: January 20, 2011, 03:10:55 am »
I credit my having been a clueless liberal in college with having opened my eyes to the danger that is liberalism.

I heard one of our resident trolls say he was retired (I would guess in his sixties), and there he is espousing liberal gobbledygook in his sixties!  I can't imagine going through most of one's years and not learning a thing about the realities of life ... it's as if he fell out of the stupid tree and hit every branch on the way down.