Author Topic: Rush Limbaugh Live Thread  (Read 55821 times)

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Re: Rush Limbaugh Live Thread
« Reply #150 on: January 26, 2011, 10:13:06 pm »
BREAK TRANSCRIPT

Bo Snerdly...the Official Obama Criticizer.

RUSH: Ladies and gentlemen, our recent story about the dearth of nominations for actors of color, actresses of color, the top ten movies nominated for best picture has evoked a deep sentiment with the Official Obama Criticizer, Bo Snerdley, who has asked to weigh in on this subject.

SNERDLEY:  Rush, there is something tremendously insidious and vile underneath this resegregation, resegregation of Hollywood.  Our leading Hollywood producers -- and we all know who they are -- the Spielbergs, the bigwigs are simply look at black and Latino America in the face, especially black America, and you know what they're saying to 'em?  They're saying, "Look, we gave you people enough.  We elected him president.  We did that.  We don't have to put any of you people in movies anymore."

RUSH:  You people?

SNERDLEY:  You people!

RUSH:  You people?

SNERDLEY: We were railroaded to putting you people in movies.  Those roles were ours.  You really think we wanted to put Will Smith in all those moneymakers?  You got to be crazy.  We didn't want him in there, but we had to do it to look good.  You really think, do you really think we wanted to get what's his name, Fox, playing Ray?  We had that role all set for Nicholas Cage.  No, no, no, we had to give those roles to you people.  Well, guess what, we gave one of yo boys the biggest role in the United States, y'all ain't getting no more.  Thank you.

RUSH:  That is the Official Obama Criticizer.  

You have a version of that for our brothers and sisters in the hood?

[SNERDLY] My brothers and sisters in the hood, y'all been played.  Guess what's up?  Check this out.  Y'all thought y'all was doing it, y'all thought y'all could see yourself on TV commercials selling toothpaste, chewing gum, and in Hollywood movies.  We got something new for you this year.  When you turn on the Oscars looking for the brothers and sisters, when you're looking to see who got back, who ain't got back, whose snacking with Mack, y'all ain't gonna be showing up in the House this year.  That's right, party's over, y'all flipped, y'all out the hood, you're out of the pics, we ain't got nothing for you except to clean up afterwards.  And, by the way, some of those joints gonna be catered, and they gonna call you all in there, y'all not having no soul food this year, we going back to the regular stuff.  Y'all ain't in the mix.  Get on up outta here, yo day is done, Hollywood is being run the way it was run when... well, need I say more?  I'm outta here.

RUSH: And that is the Official Obama Criticizer, Bo Snerdley.  And we'll keep in touch.  Essentially there's a lot of outrage that just sprung up here over the just-learned fact that there are no people of color.  The Official Obama Criticizer has asked for more airtime.  Go.

SNERDLEY:  One more thing.  Where's Jesse?  Where's Al?  This is the biggest outrage in America.  Here you got segregation at the highest levels in the land, and where them brothers?  Where are they?  Where you at, Jess?  Where you at, Al?  And where's my boy up in San Francisco, that little state senator, what's his name, Leland, whatever his name?  Yo, this is what's up, y'all.  Hell, we got segregation here.  People are being beat upside the head.  Their jobs have been beat upside the head.  They can't get no roles and feed their family and win a recession.  Where is the support?  Where's the love?  Thank you.

RUSH: Again, the Official Obama Criticizer, Bo Snerdley, a little upset here when he figured out that there are no people of color nominated, actor, best supporting actor, actor, actress, the top ten nominated best movies of last year.  I guess it's safe to say that this year's Oscars minorities and women are hardest hit, or hurt most.  But Mr. Snerdley, there are some women nominated.  Clearly there's a best actress, a best supporting actress and so forth, but none of color, from the area of the country which veritably preaches to the rest of us how to live.  And they even put that in their movies, Driving Miss Nancy.  Uh, Miss Daisy, I take it back, Driving Miss Daisy.  

BREAK TRANSCRIPT

RUSH: Mr. Snerdley, the Official Obama Criticizer, an e-mail for you, sir: "Hollywood and African-Americans -- It seems that they have yet to learn that -- especially from the president's example -- just being African-American is not sufficient anymore."  That was your point, sir.  Hollywood was instrumental in the election of Obama, and yet there's no satisfaction.  Racism is not over. There's a total diss in Hollywood when it comes to the Oscars.  What's needed, apparently, in order make the point to fulfill the dream, is an unemployed black Jewish lesbian atheist in a movie. This is the role: An unemployed black Jewish lesbian atheist trying to save earth from global warming.  That would be worth it. That would make up for all of the transgressions, right?  You coffer all bases.  You'd get everything Hollywood cares about and promotes with that one single thing.  That's what they could do.  Now, whether or not it would sell at the box office, who knows? The DVD would clean up.

BREAK TRANSCRIPT

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
« Last Edit: January 26, 2011, 10:15:20 pm by DCPatriot »
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #151 on: January 26, 2011, 11:09:02 pm »
Libs Lambaste Bachmann Speech
January 26, 2011

BEGIN TRANSCRIPT

RUSH: Bob Schieffer State of the Union last night, special coverage.  Katie Couric talked to him about Michele Bachmann delivering a Tea Party response.  Katie Couric said, "How serious do you see this chasm developing?  The GOP leadership allowing Bachmann to speak out there after Paul Ryan?  What's going on, Bob?  You have all the answers.  What do you say about that?" 

SCHIEFFER: The fact that the Republican leadership is letting Michele Bachmann make a second response here just underlines that!  I mean, my heavens! Can you imagine what Sam Rayburn, when he was speaker of the House, would have done if one of his members had said, "Oh, by the way, I'm gonna make a response, too," or Lyndon Johnson when he was the leader of the Senate? They are letting her make this speech because they're afraid to tell her not to, because they know how powerful these Tea Party people were and the power they had in the last election.

RUSH:  What happened to diversity making us strong?  Whatever happened to that, Bob?  I thought diversity was a pillar, one of the foundational building blocks of our great culture! Except when the Republicans exhibit some.  We have some of mineral Bachmann and her response.  Let's listen to a couple or three of them.

BACHMANN: Let me show you a chart.  Here are unemployment rates over the past ten years. In October of 2001, our national unemployment rate was at 5.3%.  In 2008, it was at 6.8%.  But just eight months after President Obama promised lower unemployment, that rate spiked to a staggering 10.1%.  Today, unemployment is at 9.4% with about 400,000 new claims every week.

RUSH:  The media made fun of her for using charts.  They loved Perot when he did it.  They also chided her for not looking into the camera.  She didn't look straight in the camera and people wondered what she was looking at.  Here's the next bite.  This is Obamacare and lightbulbs.

BACHMANN:  What did we buy?  Instead of a leaner, smarter government we bought a bureaucracy that now tells us which lightbulbs to buy and which may put 16,500 IRS agents in charge of policing President Obama's health care bill.  In the end, unless we fully repeal Obamacare, a nation that currently enjoys the world's finest health care might be forced to rely on government-run coverage.  That could have a devastating effect on our national debt for even generations to come.

RUSH:  And finally this.

BACHMANN: I thought Paul Ryan did a wonderful job, and this wasn't at all competition with what the GOP official response was. The Tea Party Express asked me if I would speak to their constituency right after the State of the Union, and we would do that via Internet.  It was actually the media over the weekend that decided to make this a competition.  I spoke with the leadership, I've spoken with Paul Ryan, they all know that this had nothing to do with a competition -- and we all go to the microphones after the State of the Union and speak to people across the country.  The Republican Party and the Tea Party are actually fairly simpatico.

RUSH:  And CNN covered it. (chuckles) Nobody saw it, but they covered it.

BREAK TRANSCRIPT

RUSH:  By the way, I don't mind somebody, Michele Bachmann a little clumsy in the use of the teleprompter.  I don't mind it at all.  She probably didn't need one, and that may be one of the reasons that she wasn't looking at the camera.  And one of the more hilarious headlines of the day is from Salon.com: "Why Does the GOP Hide its Agenda?"  It's an article about Bachmann and Paul Ryan's responses. (laughing) Hiding the agenda?  They laid it out.

END TRANSCRIPT
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #152 on: January 26, 2011, 11:10:00 pm »
~LOL~

BTW I can't tell from the picture, is Abby is cat or one of his two dogs?  
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #153 on: January 26, 2011, 11:11:52 pm »
~LOL~

BTW I can't tell from the picture, is Abby is cat or one of his two dogs?  

It looks like the size of one of my ragdolls.

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #154 on: January 26, 2011, 11:13:15 pm »
And one of the more hilarious headlines of the day is from Salon.com: "Why Does the GOP Hide its Agenda?"  It's an article about Bachmann and Paul Ryan's responses. (laughing) Hiding the agenda?  They laid it out.
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #155 on: January 26, 2011, 11:14:30 pm »
It looks like the size of one of my ragdolls.

ragdolls?  I won't ask....

I bet it is his cat, because his dogs are a very large breen and I think the newest is too old to be this small and Rush is very attached to his cat.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #156 on: January 26, 2011, 11:15:32 pm »
..she is a baby sheepdog...they have another too...
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #157 on: January 26, 2011, 11:16:10 pm »
And one of the more hilarious headlines of the day is from Salon.com: "Why Does the GOP Hide its Agenda?"  It's an article about Bachmann and Paul Ryan's responses. (laughing) Hiding the agenda?  They laid it out.

It is funny....but what they mean is that they want the GOP to specify the cuts.  And then, we'll all hear, "Women, children and minorities hurt most!"

Hey...isn't that another way of saying "White Man soon be keeping me down?"

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #158 on: January 26, 2011, 11:18:37 pm »
ragdolls?  I won't ask....

I bet it is his cat, because his dogs are a very large breen and I think the newest is too old to be this small and Rush is very attached to his cat.

Ragdoll female "Baby"

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #159 on: January 26, 2011, 11:19:14 pm »
..she is a baby sheepdog...they have another too...

baby as in miniature? 

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #160 on: January 26, 2011, 11:22:16 pm »

Ragdoll female "Baby"

She is beautiful.  My sister has four white Persians.... recently they learned of a yellow male Persian that someone moved and left behind and was being fed sporadically, she and my niece "rescued" him and he now resides with my nephew and his girlfriend, he is a funny looking little guy........  I'd have another cat but I don't think my dogs would take kindly to it...

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #161 on: January 26, 2011, 11:26:10 pm »
She is beautiful.  My sister has four white Persians.... recently they learned of a yellow male Persian that someone moved and left behind and was being fed sporadically, she and my niece "rescued" him and he now resides with my nephew and his girlfriend, he is a funny looking little guy........  I'd have another cat but I don't think my dogs would take kindly to it...

Couldn't be a ragdoll in your group, because they're known for their passivity.  To a fault.  Thus the "ragdoll" name.

When you pick them up a certain way they hang limp...not being able or be inclined to use the rear legs as weapons.

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #162 on: January 26, 2011, 11:27:49 pm »
Couldn't be a ragdoll in your group, because they're known for their passivity.  To a fault.  Thus the "ragdoll" name.

When you pick them up a certain way they hang limp...not being able or be inclined to use the rear legs as weapons.

Well, she is a beauty..........

Offline aligncare

« Reply #163 on: January 26, 2011, 11:33:05 pm »

Ragdoll female "Baby"

That's one hot tomato!

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #164 on: January 26, 2011, 11:33:56 pm »
~LOL~ AC is in love.......

BTW she has wonderful markings!

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #165 on: January 26, 2011, 11:42:08 pm »
~LOL~ AC is in love.......

BTW she has wonderful markings!

yeah....like she's had her face in a bowl of milk!

Here's a couple more....

as a kitten.....

peeking......

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #166 on: January 26, 2011, 11:43:57 pm »
How old is she?

Offline aligncare

« Reply #167 on: January 27, 2011, 12:29:23 am »

I hope she's legal .... (I'm soooo bad)

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #168 on: January 27, 2011, 02:43:25 am »
I don't have her anymore.

It cost over $2K to save her life the last time she and my girlfriend's bengal tussled.

Being a long hair, I hadn't noticed a wound that became infected.  Anyway, long story, she was on her last legs and was given a 50/50 chance of recovery.

So, I gave both of my 'girls' to my billiard partner/opponent's wife.  They now have 5.

Anyway....to answer your question, Rap....Baby is now going to be 8.  Anna is 13.

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #169 on: January 27, 2011, 02:45:42 am »
I don't have her anymore.

It cost over $2K to save her life the last time she and my girlfriend's bengal tussled.

Being a long hair, I hadn't noticed a wound that became infected.  Anyway, long story, she was on her last legs and was given a 50/50 chance of recovery.

So, I gave both of my 'girls' to my billiard partner/opponent's wife.  They now have 5.

Anyway....to answer your question, Rap....Baby is now going to be 8.  Anna is 13.

Hmm you gave up your cats for your girlfriend, who is a liberal....... definitely must be love  :-*

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #170 on: January 27, 2011, 02:48:25 am »
Hmm you gave up your cats for your girlfriend, who is a liberal....... definitely must be love  :-*

Yes, it was love.     ......of the cats.

Although I don't miss the hair all over the place.  (Her's don't shed)

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #171 on: January 27, 2011, 02:54:27 am »
Yes, it was love.     ......of the cats.

Although I don't miss the hair all over the place.  (Her's don't shed)

My neighbor took to having her long hair black cat shaved .. fur and hairballs, I often wished we had considered that with our black longhair. 

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #172 on: January 27, 2011, 03:11:27 am »
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #173 on: January 27, 2011, 03:12:04 am »
Support the USO

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #174 on: January 27, 2011, 03:14:11 am »
Support the USO