Author Topic: Rush Limbaugh Live Thread  (Read 55844 times)

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Re: Rush Limbaugh Live Thread
« Reply #100 on: January 20, 2011, 03:12:10 am »

Regime Demands Welfare as Condition of Comcast/NBC Merger
January 19, 2011

BEGIN TRANSCRIPT

RUSH: How many of you have heard that Comcast, the big cable network, was going to end up owning 51% of NBC?  The regulators have been working on a deal. It was supposed to be finalized in December but it wasn't until now.  "Federal regulators approved Comcast Corp.'s takeover of a 51 percent stake NBC Universal on Tuesday after more than a year of review. They imposed various conditions on the nation's largest cable TV provider, including those that would protect the burgeoning Internet video marketplace and promote the spread of broadband Internet access.

"Among the conditions imposed by [federal] regulators, Comcast must..." Listen to this now: "Make available to 2.5 million low income households: high-speed Internet access for less than $10 per month; personal computer, netbooks or other equipment for less than $150; and an array of digital literacy opportunities." This is the regime. For 51% of NBC, Comcast has to "Make available to 2.5 million low income households: high-speed Internet access for less than $10 per month;" that means everybody else's prices are gonna skyrocket, "personal computer, netbooks or other equipment for less than $150." Does that mean if you want an iPad or a computer, you can go to Comcast and get one?  I didn't know they sold them.  This is welfare.  This is digital welfare.  "[A]nd an array of digital literacy opportunities." What in the heck is a digital literacy opportunity?  They must also "Maintain or increase local programming at its 10 NBC and 16 Telemundo TV stations," and they must "Increase children's programming."  Whoa.

BREAK TRANSCRIPT

RUSH: Charles in Kansas City, Missouri, great to have you. You're next on the Rush Limbaugh program.  Hi.

CALLER:  Yes, hi.  Mega dittos, Rush.

RUSH: Thank you.

CALLER:  Great to talk to you.

RUSH:  Thank you very much, sir.

CALLER:  I want to go back to much earlier in the show you were talking about the Comcast, taking over 51% of NBC, I believe it was.  I believe you might have missed a valid -- or very important -- point, and that was not only do they have to follow these federal regulations, but they also have to, well...pay for it.  They have to buy 51% of this company.  And it's kind of like me going out and buying a house and the previous owner telling me, "Well, by the way, you can't change any of the colors, and there is a bunch of mice living in the house, and you gotta put out cheese for 'em every day out of your own pocket."
RUSH:  Wait a minute, now.  Where are you getting that?  From what I reported... No, I don't "report."  From what I told you, where are you getting that Comcast can't change NBC?

CALLER:  Well, I'm not saying that they can't.  My point is they have to follow what the federal regulations are.  But not only just follow that, they still also have to... They're buying the 51%.  It's theirs, but yet there's all these regulations put on them by someone else when it's theirs.  Just another show of how they want to tell us how we should live and how we should run our lives.

RUSH: Yeah, well here's the story: "Comcast has been permitted to buy 51% of NBC from General Electric."  General Electric is getting rid of 51% of NBC Universal.  That's controlling interest.  The regulators said: If we let you do this, you are going to have to make available to 2-1/2 million low-income households high-speed Internet access for less than $10 a month, only to the poor.  Also to the poor, you're going to have to make available personal computers, netbooks, iPads, and other equipment for less than $150; and then "an array of digital literacy opportunities."  Then you must "maintain or increase local programming at the ten NBC and 16 Telemundo TV stations," and you must "increase children's programming, including adding 1500 more on-demand titles" through your movie repertoire.

So they are dabbling a little bit there into content.  But it doesn't say that they can't do anything to NBC News.  It doesn't say, for example... Let me just stir it up a little bit, here.  It doesn't say that they can't touch MSNBC.  It doesn't say that at all.  I mean, they have to give away Internet service to the poor and computers and netbooks and all that stuff. (interruption) Well, no, they could. They could shut down MSNBC. They could change the programming. They could. They could turn it into Shopping Channel 14. Who knows? They could do anything they want with it.  They could certainly. They're not prohibited from trying to get an audience. 

NBC has decreed that MSNBC will not have an audience, by virtue of its programming.  Comcast has not been saddled with that corporate decision.  If Comcast wants to get an audience on MSNBC, they're free to try.  That would require significant content change.  It has been well established that they've topped out audience-wise at MSNBC, doing what they're doing.  I don't know how they implement the giveaway to the poor.  I, frankly, don't know that they do.  I just know that it says here they have to and the fact that somebody says you have to and they say, "Okay, we will," that could satisfy everybody (chuckles) since we live in a perception-versus-reality world. 

So Comcast says, "Okay, we'll do it. We'll hand stuff out. We'll make sure we give away high-speed Internet access for less than $10 a month to low-income people and we're gonna define 'low-income' people as a $100,000 or whatever." I don't know that we'll ever know how they're doing this unless they run a PR campaign -- You know, a parade of people living in boxcars. (interruption) Well, now, Snerdley, we don't know.  We don't know. (interruption) No, we don't yet.  Snerdley is saying, "Watch what political districts these giveaways end up in."  We don't know that yet.  We don't know that that's been mandated. We don't know.

The story that we have here does not say that the high-speed Internet at low cost or the personal computers or netbooks, other equipment, can only go to low income Democrat districts. It doesn't say that.  Now, Comcast might do that just to keep the regulators off their back down the line.  It doesn't say they have to.  You might have a whole different attitude about this. You might be wrong about the corporate thinking at Comcast. (sigh) Yes, it's a giveaway and it's welfare, but this is a cost of doing business, as far as Comcast is concerned.  Let's just keep a sharp eye... (interruption) Of course it's extortion, but let's just keep a sharp... (interruption)

I know it's Democrats. It's regime regulators demanding all this.  And so it's probably been stated but not written.  By the way, these netbooks are already gonna be programmed.  The startup screen will be the Obama logo (laughing) and it's true, Comcast's political donations are almost all to Democrats and Democrat causes, but I don't know for how many years.  I don't know how much of that was part of the deal to get this thing approved.  We'll have to wait and see.  Let's wait and see what they do with MSNBC.  That's just one thing: Just wait and see what they do with that.  Let me tell you this: My history, experience in broadcasting -- years of experience guided by an above average intelligence -- tell me if I work there, I'd be a little nervous.

I have a new owner coming in that just spent beaucoup bucks, and I work at a losing division. I work at a loss leader division, and I know that that network exists because the GE CEO had to pay a price to get all the goodies coming back from Washington to GE.  Now, if I'm Comcast, do I want to keep that gravy train going? Am I in a business where I want goodies from Washington that keep redounding to my benefit at Comcast?  Okay, I'll keep MSNBC as it is. I'll look the other way and hold my nose.  I'll write it off, I'll use it as a loss leader."

Or I'll look at it: "Is there something that can be done with this wreck to make it respectable because we at Comcast are respectable? We want to be respectable, and that doesn't count."  Look, I don't know anything.  I'm just using my instincts here. (interruption) What would I do if they had me in to fix the place?  Oh, I haven't got time here, Snerdley.  Why should I give that away?  Why should I sit here on this program and tell what I would do, announce to the world what I would do to fix MSNBC and not get anything for it?  There's no way I'm doing that!  I know exactly how to fix MSNBC.  There's no way that I'm gonna say that on this program.  I'm through doing stuff I don't get paid for.  Those days are long gone.

END TRANSCRIPT

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Oceander

« Reply #101 on: January 20, 2011, 03:14:11 am »
Hu says, "Why should we buy it when we can steal it?" (laughing) "Why should we buy it when we own it and are paying for it anyway?

Yep. Boeing thinks they are in great shape selling all those planes to China.... well in five years Boeing will be undercut with their own designs in China.. these sales are the beginning of the end for Boeing.

BTW Hu flew into DC on a COMMERCIAL flight........ he doesn't have his own personal plane to fly around the world in...... which begs the question... what does he think of our high-flying POTUS

More to the point, why does Obuttocks need to fly around in a private 747?

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #102 on: January 20, 2011, 03:14:14 am »
DC...I enjoy this *after hours with Rush* thread in the evenings...thanks for resurrecting it.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #103 on: January 20, 2011, 03:17:15 am »
DC...I enjoy this *after hours with Rush* thread in the evenings...thanks for resurrecting it.

You're most welcome, Myst!

There's so much out there happening so fast, and it's good to hear Rush's take on it.

As they say, he's right 99.6% of the time.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #104 on: January 20, 2011, 03:19:34 am »
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Offline aligncare

« Reply #105 on: January 20, 2011, 03:28:25 am »

I can't decide if I like that dictator or not.  The same thing goes for Hu.   :D

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #106 on: January 20, 2011, 03:32:31 am »
Support the USO

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #107 on: January 20, 2011, 03:38:31 am »
The startup screen will be the Obama logo (

~ROFLOL~  some still dispute what DC and I have long agreed upon....... Obama is Chavez II
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #108 on: January 20, 2011, 03:44:19 am »
The startup screen will be the Obama logo (

~ROFLOL~  some still dispute what DC and I have long agreed upon....... Obama is Chavez II

Rap...it's a good thing they over-reached with HCR, and the outrageous bailouts of the unions.

That sealed the fate of the losers last November.  If he would have started out in the middle, we'd have card-check and the Fairness Doctrine, and after the Tucson shootings, we'd have an attack on the 2nd Amendment.

Once the citizenry is unarmed....or I should say criminalized for owning and holding weapons, you have Chavez II.  Or maybe Mao II.

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #109 on: January 20, 2011, 03:47:32 am »
Rap...it's a good thing they over-reached with HCR, and the outrageous bailouts of the unions.

That sealed the fate of the losers last November.  If he would have started out in the middle, we'd have card-check and the Fairness Doctrine, and after the Tucson shootings, we'd have an attack on the 2nd Amendment.

Once the citizenry is unarmed....or I should say criminalized for owning and holding weapons, you have Chavez II.  Or maybe Mao II.

Well, as you know you and I have always been in sync on The Won...... and you are correct.....

His pretend move to the center scares the hell out of me, he rides this to re-election and then he is unchecked at fear of not being re-elected and really screws us over from 2012 - 2016....
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #110 on: January 21, 2011, 04:37:00 am »

Bipartisan Obamacare Repeal Got More Votes Than the Original Bill
January 20, 2011

BEGIN TRANSCRIPT

RUSH:  The Democrats and the media, they still want to talk about the health care repeal vote in the House as nothing more than political theater.  Hell, it was bipartisan, there were three Democrats that voted.  Repeal of health care in the House got more votes than Obamacare got in the House.  Did you know that?  To kick it away got more votes than the original bill got in support.  Yesterday's vote was not political theater, folks, it was the laying of a minefield.  You wonder why Dingy Harry doesn't want that vote over there in the Senate?  Dingy Harry is saying (paraphrasing) "I'm not gonna allow the vote to happen over here."  McConnell says there will be a vote. Dingy Harry said there's not gonna be a vote.  He knows he might lose it.  There's a bunch of Democrats in the Senate up for reelection in 2012, and he doesn't want to have to force those guys on the record.  He is afraid of all the Democrats in the Senate who would vote to repeal this thing.  This is by no means anything other than an expression of and a sticking to of principle.  No political theater intended here.  Isn't it interesting how the momentum can shift in just one political day?  Prior to the vote yesterday, people on our side, "It's over, we lost the momentum, ah, this stuff in Tucson," now everybody's back up, and revved up, ready to go.

BREAK TRANSCRIPT

RUSH: Now, in the spirit of the new tone and in the spirit of civility, shouldn't Harry Reid be only too happy to let the Democrats in the Senate vote on this?  Don't all the polls show that the American people want the Democrats and Republicans to work together?  We have that poll (laughing), so-called poll.  USA Today, earlier this week, everybody wants the Republicans and Democrats to work together.  A vast majority of the American people want Obamacare repealed and yet Dingy Harry will not allow a vote in the House.  And therefore Dingy Harry is standing in the way of Republicans and Democrats working together.  Shouldn't the media, ladies and gentlemen, demand the Senate show this bipartisan bill the respect it deserves?  It got three Democrat votes, the repeal vote did.  I mean it's the essence of bipartisanship.  But as I said, he doesn't want to bring the House bill to a vote because he doesn't want to make the senators go on the record against repeal.  He could read the tea leaves.  He doesn't want people to go on the record against repeal in the Senate.  He knows that will hurt Democrats.  It will be used against 'em in the 2012 campaign.

But ask yourself this:  What would the Senate do if they were facing another election next month?  You know they would vote to repeal Obamacare to save their jobs, or they would at least think very seriously about it.  Obama might even vote to kill the bill to save his job and then come back like Clinton did with welfare reform. Go ahead and let it happen and come back and promise everybody to go back later and fix it.  'Cause we know at the end of the day they are going to govern against the will of the American people.

BREAK TRANSCRIPT

RUSH: Another thing about Dingy Harry: Dingy Harry is scared to death to allow this vote on the repeal of Obamacare in the Senate.  'Cause if they do vote against it, there will be a record to defeat their rear ends in the next election.  So he can't win.  This ought to show you the real strength of the whole repeal movement.  The vast majority of people don't want it.  Dingy Harry doesn't want a vote in a Senate.  He's worried about two things: Losing some Democrats who would vote for the repeal, and the Democrats who are opposed to repeal going on the record, because that would make themselves targets in their reelection bids in 2012: Voted against repeal of Obamacare.  So he's opposed to bipartisanship. He doesn't want the Republicans and Democrats "working together." He is opposed to "civility." He's out there calling Hu Jintao a "dictator."  Do not think for a moment that there is anywhere near a majority sentiment in love with Obamacare.  There isn't.  The vast majority of people even, in the House and the Senate, know in their hearts it's rotten and ought to be done away with.

BREAK TRANSCRIPT

RUSH: I can't tell you enough: Obamacare just got a shellacking, folks.  The vote in the House was 245 to 189. That's a larger margin than the vote for Obamacare got.  Dingy Harry will not allow a vote in the Senate (though Mitch McConnell says there will be one) because he looks at it as a no-win. If he loses some Democrats voting for repeal, that's not good; and other Democrats going on record opposing appeal is not good for their own reelection efforts.

By the way, I have a question about respect and protocol and so forth.  Last night's state dinner was black tie.  (For those of you in Rio Linda, that means tuxedo.) I saw a picture of the ChiCom leader, Hu Jintao.  He was not wearing a tuxedo.  He was wearing a dark suit, a white shirt, and a blue tie.  Now, he's a stickler for protocol. He's been telling us this all week.  Is that offensive?  Should we be offended that the man in whose honor the dinner was last night did not dress according to the requirements?  Maybe the ChiComs don't have tuxedos in their wardrobes? Is it not part of what they wear?  I don't know.  I'm just asking the question.

END TRANSCRIPT

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #111 on: January 21, 2011, 04:42:28 am »
I wondered if you were going to post the daily update.

Rush is right here and I heard today that support for Obamacare is down to 31%

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #112 on: January 21, 2011, 05:19:31 am »
I wondered if you were going to post the daily update.

Rush is right here and I heard today that support for Obamacare is down to 31%

Sorry I didn't get to it earlier.  Very busy day.

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #113 on: January 21, 2011, 06:10:03 am »
Sorry I didn't get to it earlier.  Very busy day.

I know what you mean........ of course in your business busy is good.

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #114 on: January 21, 2011, 12:07:25 pm »
I know what you mean........ of course in your business busy is good.

LOL!  Yes, we're very fortunate.  But, the reason is not job related.

My 23 year-old twin son has ADHD and doesn't forget a "promise". 

We spent the evening making my Sicilian grandma's spaghetti sauce and meatballs....from scratch!

Offline aligncare

« Reply #115 on: January 21, 2011, 03:47:55 pm »

We spent the evening making my Sicilian grandma's spaghetti sauce and meatballs....from scratch!

In honor of the federal round-up of New York's biggest Mafiosi?  (Be careful.  Remember, I'm Sicilian.)  

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #116 on: January 21, 2011, 06:42:45 pm »
LOL!  Yes, we're very fortunate.  But, the reason is not job related.

My 23 year-old twin son has ADHD and doesn't forget a "promise". 

Is there any other way to make Spaghetti and meatballs? 

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #117 on: January 22, 2011, 12:40:47 am »

Governor of Hawaii Can't Find Barack Obama's Birth Certificate?

"There's something fishy about this Abercrombie story"

January 21, 2011

BEGIN TRANSCRIPT

RUSH: I've been sitting on this story all week, purposely, just to see where it would go.  And it has grown.  This governor out in Hawaii, Neil Abercrombie, a well-known socialist, by the way, longtime member of Congress, now the governor of Hawaii, really stepped in it earlier, well, I think it was not even this week, it was last week.  The governor, Neil Abercrombie, some time ago said, (paraphrasing) "Look, I was there when Obama was born in Hawaii.  That birth certificate, it exists.  Everybody knows it.  I was there when that kid was born."  Turns out he wasn't there, and he admitted he wasn't there.  He was there in spirit. He was trying to say he's that certain.  See, he thinks that Obama ought to just get this off the table.  Abercrombie is worried that this birth certificate thing is going to be a lingering problem heading into 2012.  So Abercrombie, big friend of Obama, tried to step in there and head this off at the pass.  It turns out he can't find the birth certificate, the governor of Hawaii cannot find it.  It's just a notation that somebody wrote down. 

This has now made its way to the UK Daily Mail: "Hawaii Governor Claims Record of Obama's Birth 'Exists in Archives' but Can't Produce the Vital Document." That's the headline.  The story originated at World Net Daily in this country earlier, and of course if it originates anywhere outside the mainstream press, the mainstream press will not acknowledge it.  "Pressure was mounting on Hawaii Governor Neil Abercrombie today amid increasing confusion over whether President Obama was born there."  This is the UK Daily Mail.  "Abercrombie said on Tuesday that an investigation had unearthed papers proving Obama was born in Hawaii in 1961. He told Honolulu's Star-Advertiser: 'It actually exists in the archives, written down,' he said. But it became apparent that what had been discovered was an unspecified listing or notation of Obama's birth that someone had made in the state archives and not a birth certificate. And in the same interview Abercrombie suggested that a long-form, hospital-generated birth certificate for Barack Obama may not exist within the vital records maintained by the Hawaii Department of Health.  He said efforts were still being made to track down definitive vital records that would prove Obama was born in Hawaii."

Remember, he started out, the whole reason for doing this was to firmly prove it and establish and get it off the table so it wasn't an election issue for 2012.  And he's done the exact opposite now.  I mean how many of us could get away with saying, "Yeah, there's a little notation somewhere there in the archives. We can't find the birth certificate.  Oh, well, welcome to America, Mr. Limbaugh."  Do you think if this was me and they were trying to prove that I wasn't an American and I insisted that I was, but I couldn't produce a birth certificate or wouldn't, and yet the governor of Missouri says, "Oh, yeah, there's a little notification, somebody wrote down Limbaugh was born here."  Do you think that would fly?  No, it wouldn't be, "Let him back in the country." It would be, "Get him out of the country.  This guy's been an infiltrator since he was two," is what they would say about me, claiming that my original country of origin was China. 

"Abercrombie was asked: 'You stirred up quite a controversy with your comments regarding birthers and your plan to release more information regarding President Barack Obama's birth certificate. How is that coming?'" Kind of like how is that hope and change working for you?  "He acknowledged the birth certificate issue would  have 'political implications' for the next presidential election 'that we simply cannot have.'"  Now, what does this tell us?  Neil Abercrombie is no fool.  When it comes to electoral politics, Abercrombie knows the ins and outs, and if Abercrombie senses a problem here -- look, the big mistake was to announce in public what you were gonna do before you knew you had what you told everybody what you were gonna produce.  This is kind of like a lawyer granting somebody immunity without knowing what the heck they're going to say.  So Abercrombie's kinda caught now.

"He acknowledged the birth certificate issue would  have 'political implications' for the next presidential election 'that we simply cannot have.' 'It's a matter of principle with me,' the 72-year-old said. 'I knew his mum and dad. I was here when he was born. Anybody who wants to ask a question honestly could have had their answer already.'"  But nobody has come forward to definitively prove it.  In fact, most government officials have apparently done their best to seal it all off, whatever there is, they've sealed it all off.  And they've tried to pooh-pooh any interest in it.  And they have attempted to impugn those who have interest in it.  It's merely a presidential constitutional requirement.  It's really no big deal as far as the libs are concerned, but the Constitution's an impediment to them.
"Some believe his Certification of Live Birth is fake and he was really born in Kenya. Others argue that Obama is a citizen of the United Kingdom or Indonesia. Most theories have been dismissed by many in public office and the media, and have been found to be misleading or generally untrue." But I don't read here, it doesn't say most theories have been dismissed by public records officials.  It just says dismissed by many in public office and in the media.  Well, big whoop.  "However, the conspiracy theories still thrive, and according to Abercrombie, are likely to continue despite whatever evidence that shows him to be a proper U.S. citizen."  Well, that's the thing.  Abercrombie wanted to get this out of the way.  I would think that if Abercrombie is gonna do this, he's not the Lone Ranger. He's gotta be calling the White House, "Okay, look, we have a potential problem here. I want to find this thing and I want to make it public."  If that happened, somebody at the regime did not say, "No, don't do it," because Abercrombie is still alive.  If they had said, "No, don't do it," and Abercrombie is still doing it, I don't even want to think of the consequences of that. 

This is really not that hard.  Look, if somebody wanted your birth certificate and you don't have it, what do you do?  You go to the state where you were born, go to the vital records, you go down there and you make a copy of it, produce it, let it be seen.  The original thought was, well, you know, Obama, he knows he was born here.  This is just toying.  He knows that the birthers are a bunch of Looney Tune kook right-wingers, and he wants them illustrated as such.  So he'll toy with them, sort of like Charlie Brown and Lucy and the football.  And the media went along with that, "Oh, that's Obama. He's really politically smart, really crafty here. He's got these birthers looking like the Birchers that they are. He's got 'em looking like the biggest kooks on the face of the earth," and it went on and on and on that way. We have had several people of decent reputations file lawsuits in various states and they were thrown out.  So the popular opinion has been, the consensus has been, "Yeah, he was born in Hawaii, isn't any big deal."  They still can't prove it.  This is stunning to me.  Still can't prove it. 

Now, it's still entirely possible all this is a giant head fake. For me, ladies and gentlemen, the sophisticated political figure that I am, it's really hard for me to believe that Neil Abercrombie just one day woke up on his own and without consultation said, "This birth thing bugs me.  I'm gonna call a press conference, and I'm gonna tell people I was there when he was born, and I knew his mom and dad, and he was born here and I'm gonna prove it."  I said earlier, Abercrombie's no fool.  Many Hawaiians would disagree with me on that, many have.  But if this guy is acting on his own as I have just described, that's unbelievable.  The alternative is he's not acting on his own, this is all part of a continuing head fake and that at some point after a lot of people have gotten revved up cause now, the UK Daily Mail Online is more mainstream than anywhere else in America this has.  Okay, so it ratchets up and ratchets up and then a couple years down the road, year and a half down the road, guess what, the thing's found, and, oh, can you imagine the air that will be let out of people's sails then? 

Now, you have to ask yourself, is this regime capable of that kind of trick?  Yeah, they are.  Are they capable of having the newly elected governor, a Democrat, replacing a Republican, Neil Abercrombie, start out this whole thing?  Are they typical, capable of coming up with a program where Abercrombie embarrasses himself around the world on this and then all of a sudden after, what would it be, six and a half, seven years, voila, somebody finds the birth certificate right out in the open in some file in Hawaii.  With this bunch the point is you just never know.  "The Governor vowed when he took office in December that he would do his best to end the debate over Obama's birth, which began in 2008 during the presidential campaign." What's wrong with that sentence?  "The Governor vowed when he took office in December that he would do his best to end the debate over Obama's birth." Where's the president on this?  Where's the president's vow to end the debate over his birth?  We're going on four years now of this.  It keeps intensifying.  (interruption) Yeah, well, if that's true, would that not be great?  If they found it in a garage sale next to one of those shaved ice stations? 

Here's what's gonna happen.  That's exactly right.  They're going to find it in a garage sale in Kahala, and it will be stapled to two things. It would be stapled to a pocket Constitution and the Declaration of Independence. (laughing) Anyway, "Hawaii Governor Claims Record of Obama's Birth 'Exists in Archives' but Can't Produce the Vital Document." Where's Obama?  Where's the White House?  Is this guy flying alone?  Neil Abercrombie on his own on this?  So much of this is difficult to fathom, to believe.

BREAK TRANSCRIPT

RUSH:  I'll tell you why I think Abercrombie may just be toying around with everybody on this to pull a political trick later on down the line.  Remember October 31st, 2008, there was a statement from the director of the Hawaii Department of Health.  His name is Chiyome Fukino, and here is the statement. I mean, all Abercrombie would have to do is ask this guy because this guy in his statement says he's seen it.  "There have been numerous requests for Sen. Barack Hussein Obama’s official birth certificate.  State law prohibits the release of a certified birth certificate to persons who do not have a tangible interest in the vital record.

Therefore, I as Director of Health for the State of Hawaii, along with the Registrar of Vital Statistics who has statutory authority to oversee and maintain these type of vital records, have personally seen and verified that the Hawaii State Department of Health has Sen. Obama's original birth certificate on record in accordance with state policies and procedures." So right here in his statement in 2008, he said he's seen it.  Yet Abercrombie can't find it.  Now, what gives here?  Abercrombie is a Democrat. He's from the Pelosi, Jim Wright school. This guy was a Democrat for a long time. This guy knows every trick in the book. This guy voted with the Soviets over the Contras in Nicaragua. 

This guy is every bit as far left as anybody in the House is today and he's running around saying he can't find the birth certificate and he's the governor. Yet the Department of Health director issued a statement on Halloween (I'm sure that's a coincidence) of 2008.  He's seen it.  "I as Director of Health for the State of Hawaii, along with the Registrar of Vital Statistics who has statutory authority to oversee and maintain these type of vital records, have personally seen and verified that the Hawaii State Department of Health has Sen. Obama’s original birth certificate on record in accordance with state policies and procedures.

"No state official, including Governor Linda Lingle, has ever instructed that this vital record be handled in a manner different from any other vital record in the possession of the State of Hawaii." So the director of health for Hawaii says he personally saw it.  I've got the PDF file of his statement. I could link to it. We could post it at RushLimbaugh.com.  Now, out of the blue here comes the new governor, Abercrombie, saying he can't find it.  Now (sigh), folks, I'm just warning you: Be very, very careful on this.  Something here is just not right, and you... (interruption) Well, I... (interruption) Snerdley, look. Snerdley says he's already got a call saying that somebody in Kenya has a birth certificate. What, the Hawaii birth certificate's in Kenya?  (interruption) The Kenyan Obama birth certificate is in Kenya? This guy on the phone has seen it?  (interruption)

Oh, come on!  Come on! Look, I know Open Line Friday is Open Line Friday, but not gonna take a call from somebody who says she has Obama's Kenyan birth certificate! (interruption) What are you trying to do to me?  The ChiComs have already set the American media on me.  Now you're trying to get the Kenyan media on me. (interruption) For crying out loud, Snerdley, don't put that call up!  Oh, my gosh.  I knew I shoulda taken the day off.

BREAK TRANSCRIPT

RUSH: John in Orlando, Florida, great to have you with us on the EIB Network, sir, hello.

CALLER:  Hello, Rush, 24/7 dittos from soggy Orlando today.

RUSH:  Thank you, sir.

CALLER:  It's a pleasure to speak to you.  The reason I was calling, I was listening to the program earlier, and I heard you say something about something doesn't smell right with this whole birth certificate business in Hawaii.

RUSH:  Right, it doesn't, because the director of health out there says he's seen the birth certificate.  The governor says he wants to release it but he can't find it.  Now, something's not anywhere near right here.

CALLER:  Well, I'm sure that Obama and the left would like nothing more than to get talk radio, you and Hannity and Beck and all the rest, talking about all this stuff going on in Hawaii, sounding like a bunch of birthers, and then come back and attempt to discredit you, as if they could, just before the election --

RUSH:  Yeah, I know.

CALLER:  -- and say you're just a bunch of nut bags out there complaining and whining and all the rest.

RUSH:  Yeah, because I can't imagine Abercrombie being a free agent on this.  Abercrombie gets inaugurated governor and out of the blue says, "Ah, you know what, I'm worried about this birther thing, they may have something there.  I gotta find that birth certificate, and I'm gonna release it, I'm gonna prove it once and for all."  Then he says, "I can't find it. Oh no, I'm in trouble. I'm really embarrassing myself here."  And that's the hook and the bait, the unsuspecting and the beguiled are expected to chomp on that hook, line, and sinker and be reeled in.  I agree with you, there is untruth throughout this.  If the Department of Health guy in Hawaii has seen it, and Abercrombie can't find it, and the White House is not commenting, yeah, I think, John, you're on to something. 

END TRANSCRIPT

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #118 on: January 22, 2011, 12:44:38 am »

Donald Trump Blasts the ChiComs

January 21, 2011

BEGIN TRANSCRIPT

RUSH:  There's one guy who gets this, Donald Trump.  He's been all over the place this week talking about China and our relationship with them.  He went to CNN last night, talked to Wolf Blitzer on the Situation Room.  Blitzer said, "If you were in one of those meetings with president Hu Jintao, in a nutshell, what would you say to him?"

TRUMP:  I wouldn't be having fancy state dinners to a country, and he's the primary representative, that's done nothing but take advantage of United States.  I find it amazing when I listen to some of the political leaders talking about we're "making progress."  They're making $300 billion a year, probably more than that, each year -- let's call it "profit" -- off the United States, they're manipulating their currency. Intellectual property rights and everything else are a joke over there.  This is a country that is ripping off the United States leak nobody other than OPEC has ever done before.

RUSH:  He wasn't finished.

TRUMP:  These are not our friends.  These are our enemies.  These are not people that understand niceness.  And the only thing you can do, Wolf, to get their attention, is to either, "We're not gonna trade with you any further," or, in the alternative, "We're gonna tax your products as they come into the United States."

RUSH:  And then he said: Yeah, he's thinking about running for president.

TRUMP:  I'm giving it very serious thought.  I mean, it's all jobs.  I mean, we really have an effective rate of 18% unemployment, not 9.4%.  And depending on the way you count the numbers, it could be more than that.  We'll see what happens with jobs.  If something doesn't happen with oil -- gasoline now is selling for way over $3 a gallon.  If something doesn't happen with that, if something doesn't happen with jobs, I very well may do it, Wolf, because this is not a respected country anymore.  We're a whipping post for the world.

BLITZER:  And just to be precise: You'd run for the Republican presidential nomination; is that right?

TRUMP:  I'm a Republican.  I'd run as a Republican.

RUSH: Wolf, are you serious?  You listened to Donald Trump say all this, and you have to ask him if he'd run as a Republican?  I guess that's... (interruption) Yeah. (chuckles) I'm sure that Wolf was hoping he's part of the No Labels crowd.  Somebody else asked Trump, "Well, would you have gone to the state dinner?"  Hell, no, I wouldn't go to the state dinner!  I'd have them get off the airplane, come to the White House, have a meeting.  If they don't go along with what we want, I'd send 'em McDonald's and tell 'em get on the airplane.  

Donald Trump.  

END TRANSCRIPT

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
« Last Edit: January 22, 2011, 12:47:06 am by DCPatriot »

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #119 on: January 22, 2011, 01:10:56 am »
I got a kick out of Rush talking about the birth certificate today...I think he's a birther..lol
Support the USO

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #120 on: January 22, 2011, 04:16:23 am »
I've been saying for two weeks this Abercrombie thing doesn't pass the smell test.... I think it is another case of keeping us looking away from what is really going on in the WH.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #121 on: January 22, 2011, 02:02:08 pm »

My aunt is still making her own pasta from scratch.  Talk about home-made!

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #122 on: January 22, 2011, 06:16:59 pm »
I recall my grandmother draping the spaghetti pasta over this long wooden dowel stuck in the backs of her dining room chairs.

She used to holler at me for stealing some strands to eat raw.

It was a ritual for me to wake up every Sunday morning to the smell of frying meatballs.....loved my grandma.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2011, 10:58:37 pm by DCPatriot »

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #123 on: January 22, 2011, 11:02:26 pm »
Inflation Harms Seniors the Most
January 21, 2011

BEGIN TRANSCRIPT

RUSH: Tony in Tampa, welcome to the program, sir.  Nice to have you on Open Line Friday.

CALLER:  Thanks a lot, Rush.  Do you remember when Bush was running for president in 2000, the hated Republican George Bush, how he was gonna kill Social Security and throw the old folks out into the street, and he was gonna do whatever he could to privatize Social Security, and there would be no Social Security for the old folks.  Well, my 85-year-old mother who ekes out a living on Social Security, every year that the hated Republican George Bush was president, she got a cost of living adjustment every year.  And when he was president, the economy wasn't in the tank like it is now.  Now we got the man of the people, the Democrat, the great Barack Obama.  She didn't get a cost of living adjustment in '09, '10, and she's not getting one this year because he says there's no inflation.  Maybe there's no inflation when you're on a $200 million-a-day vacation, but down here on the streets there's inflation.  All you have to do is go into the supermarket, man, and inflation jumps right off the shelves at you.  Just go into the department store, it reeks of inflation.  Go put gas in your car, and gas prices are necessarily skyrocketing.

RUSH:  Seldom have I heard such a lack of appreciation for a president as you have just exhibited on behalf of your mother.  Do you not know that for the past two years Obama has given every Social Security recipient $250 to make up for the no COLA?

CALLER:  No, he hasn't, Rush. It was a one-time deal. That was it. That was in '09.  Nothing in 2010; nothing in 2011.

RUSH:  Really?

CALLER:  That's right.

RUSH:  I'm joking, big deal, 250 bucks.

CALLER:  Exactly, exactly.

RUSH:  Look, I agree with you.  There is inflation.  Have you seen the price of gasoline?  Like you just said, you're putting money in your car. I'm telling you, there is inflation all over the place and they're not reporting it very high 'cause that wouldn't be good economic news for the Obama reelection campaign.  Good point.  Republicans are always gonna do all the harm to Social Security recipients.  Thanks for the call out there, Tony.

END TRANSCRIPT

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #124 on: January 24, 2011, 10:33:42 pm »

Who Incited the Walmart Shooting?
January 24, 2011

BEGIN TRANSCRIPT

RUSH: "Walmart Shooting Leaves Two Dead, Two Deputies Hurt."  This is from today, and it is an Associated Press story.  "A shootout in front of a Walmart in Washington State left two people dead and two sheriff's deputies wounded Sunday afternoon.  One of the dead was a man who shot at deputies.  Tacoma police said the deputies were both shot in the torso, were in satisfactory condition being kept overnight at Tacoma General Hospital.  Details were sketchy last night.  The sheriff's office received a call about a suspicious person at the store in Port Orchard.  Two deputies found the man and tried to talk to him."  The man ran and started shooting.  Now, why isn't the heated political rhetoric and the atmosphere of hate that has been whipped up against Walmart by the unions being blamed for these shootings?  I've read the whole story and you won't find one reference to the incendiary rhetoric we find in American culture.  You won't find one word about the lack of civility.  

We've had unions marching at homes of Walmart's executives; we've had fliers; we've had banners; we've had members of the Democrat Party condemn Walmart.  I mentioned a couple of weeks ago if you listen to the Democrat Party and believe what they say you are gonna have a reservoir of hate built up in your soul each and every day.  They launch into diatribes and they accuse people like Walmart of all sorts of things short of killing people.  Big Pharma, Big Oil.  If you listen to the Democrats there's no way you could possibly be happy.  They're tearing the country apart.  In fact, from January 20th: "Group Pickets Pro-Walmart Developer's D.C. Home -- A group of about 25 people protesting Walmart's imminent arrival in the District gathered Thursday night in Woodley Park by picketing the D.C. home of a developer who has publicly said he wants to open stores for the big-box giant in the city." And, lo and behold, we have a flier: No Walmart on Georgia Avenue, no Walmart in DC.  And guess what?  It's got a crosshairs logo on it.  They put a smiley face in the center.  But it still has a crosshairs logo.  

March on the developer's house, gives his address, the date and the time, meet at Woodley Park and we organize.  And I saw a videotape.  Why is this being given a pass?  Why are the unions not being accused here participating in a climate of incivility?  Everything the president warned us against happened in this case.  You have supporters of the president ginning up their troops to march on the home of a developer who wants to build Walmart stores, and then over the weekend we had a shoot-out in front of a Walmart in Washington state leaving two people dead.  Where is connection?  I know I didn't talk about any of this.  They can't blame me.  I haven't heard Sarah Palin talking about it.  That shooting, that big shoot-out at the Moscow airport, have you seen that?  Sorry, I wasn't there.  I'm waiting for me to get blamed on that.  I don't know.  Sarah Palin hasn't said anything about it, either, and there's a word not being used in connection with that shooting and that's Muslims.

BREAK TRANSCRIPT

RUSH: Maybe the Walmart shooter in Washington State confused Washington, DC, with Washington State; 'cause these guys in "Washington" put out a flier with a big crosshair on it in defiance of their president.  Obama's number one supporters, the unions -- in defiance of their president -- put up this big flier demanding and inviting people to show up at the developer's home for a protest on his front yard, in the street in front of his house. Shortly thereafter there's an actual shooting at a Walmart in Washington State -- and I don't even see any media curiosity about this.  I don't see any media condemnation whatsoever.

END TRANSCRIPT

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
« Last Edit: January 24, 2011, 10:37:17 pm by DCPatriot »