Author Topic: Barack Obama's Declaration of War Against the Way America was Founded and Built  (Read 1052 times)

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!

Barack Obama's Declaration of War Against the Way America was Founded and Built
July 17, 2012

BEGIN TRANSCRIPT

RUSH: Hey, Cookie, give me that Obama sound bite from Friday night in Roanoke, Virginia. The one where he says, "You started a business, you didn't do that yourself, somebody else did that."  It's the most profound thing I've heard in a long time from somebody at such high levels of power and leadership.  And I've been gauging people's reaction to this.  I'm stunned.  This notion that we're just in the middle of commonplace politics, it's just the same as it's always been. The Democrats are in charge now. The Republicans will win an election here and there and then they'll be in charge and the Democrats will get it back and everything is normal.  It's not normal.  This is outside the norms.  To have somebody who thinks what he thinks having this much power, seeking more.

Folks, have you seen any mainstream media reports on Obama gutting welfare reform?  Have you seen that?  Now, if you read certain -- and it's not very many -- conservative blogs, then you will see and read about it.  But in the mainstream media you would not have heard that Obama just gutted it in a lawless fashion.  This is a law passed by Congress, welfare reform.  He just gutted it.  He just took the work requirements out of it last week and nobody said anything, least of all the Republicans.  I mean if they did, I don't recall it, so if they did say it, if a Republican or a series of Republicans said something, it wasn't powerful enough that I recall it.  Just breathtakingly unbelievable stuff.  Then we read some conservative blogs, "Well, you know, what the president said is actually right. The president's right.  People don't get there on their own."

Here, grab audio sound bite 25.  I'm gonna tell you something.  I got a note from a friend yesterday.  I probably shouldn't tell you this, but now I'm obligated to since I said this.  I had a friend write me a note after the program yesterday, and he said, "Look, Rush, you know as well as I do that it's over.  It's math.  It's simple mathematics.  The debt, the deficit, it's only a matter of time until they come and clean everybody out who still has any money.  So, Rush, when you get tired of spitting into the wind --" that's how he described me doing the program "-- when you get tired of spitting into the wind, call me and let's talk about what we can do to protect our families from what's coming."

Now, Snerdley's in there laughing himself silly and so forth that I got this e-mail from a buddy.  He honestly believes that he's gonna have to take drastic action to protect what he's got from Obama, from the government.  Then on the other side of it, you know, Yahoo has this new CEO, employee number 20 at Google.  Marissa Mayer is her name.  I read all the tech blogs.  It's my avocational interest, as you well know.  So I'm reading about this yesterday afternoon and as I want to do, and I always ask myself, "What are this person's politics?"  Nine out of ten times they're liberal.  Well, it turns out that this babe is not only a liberal Democrat, she is a bundler and a fundraiser for Obama and has hosted fundraisers in her house.  She's 37 years old.

By the way, for you women, something interesting.  She got the CEO gig, she's the first prominent female computer engineer in Silicon Valley, badge 20 at Google.  She was an exec there.  She was a programmer.  She's pregnant.  She's gonna be going on maternity leave somewhere soon, don't know what the deal is at Yahoo.  I don't know if she'll avail herself of all of it, but they hired a CEO, pregnant, that's gonna hit maternity leave.  They knew this going in, it was fine and dandy, and I'm making no editorial comment about it.  I'm just mentioning it to you.  My point here is we have Obama saying, "If you've got a business, you didn't build that; somebody else made it happen."  Two days later I learn that the new CEO at Google can't wait to give this guy more power.  And I'm wondering, there's gotta be a disconnect here.  What do these people not see?  How can they not see it?

I could literally go insane asking myself how could I get through to these people?  In many cases I view this as my objective here, getting through to people like this.  She's obviously smart.  You can't be badge 20 at Google and become the CEO of Yahoo if you're not smart in some way.  But now we revive the whole question of, well, how do you define smart.  But I mean these tech people are the essence of doing it themselves. I mean I'm sure they've got seed money in many cases from venture capitalists and so forth, like Bain Capital, like Romney.  Of course they've got seed capital, but do they think that when Obama starts wielding all this power they somehow are gonna be exempt because they gave him money or raised money?  They probably do.  Do they not care about what's gonna happen to the rest of the country?  Do people at Yahoo worry whether or not their customers are gonna have any money to spend on their product and service?  Do they worry about this?

See, folks, where I'm coming from -- and I'm conflicted because I understand the country's divided. You've got Democrats and Republicans and people who are Democrats are gonna support Obama for that reason alone.  They don't have to know anything else.  On the other hand, there's a part of me that asks, "How can anybody with a brain support the guy?  How can anybody who understands free enterprise?"  I mean, Silicon Valley is the essence of free enterprise. How can any of 'em support this, unless... oh, we all know the answer, but it's still frustrating.  Ideology trumps all.  Liberalism comes first and liberalism is basically a way that you can tell yourself you're a good person.  It's also now a way you tell yourself you're cool.  Liberalism is cool.  Everything else isn't cool.  And cool matters more than anything else.

I'm driving home and I'm playing this sound bite over and over in my head, where he says, "If you've got a business, you didn't build that.  Somebody else made that happen."  I guess if you're an Obama supporter you say, "He doesn't really mean it. It's no big deal. It's just a campaign, ah, just whatever."  I know that we, when we support people and they say and do stupid stuff, we excuse it either to ourselves or to as many people as we can.  Sometimes, though, we're really bothered by it.  And it ends up mattering more to us, I think, than it does to them.  But, see, Obama's not supposed to be talking this way 'til after he wins his election.  They've gotta be goofing up here putting this stuff on the prompter for him.  Maybe he's off prompter.

Listen to the bite in its totality again.  Somebody who loves America, who loves the founding, who understands it and knows everything about it, this is a declaration of war against the country.  This is a declaration of war from the White House.  This is a declaration of war against what this country's always been.  And yet so many people look at this, "It's just commonplace politics.  Rush, it's no different than it was 30 years ago.  You know this, Rush, it's no different than it was 50 years ago."  Yeah, Obamacare, what, just another Social Security entitlement?  "Yeah, we'll live with it, Rush, I mean, it's okay, no big deal."  I have people on our side telling me that.  "Ain't that big a deal, Rush."  I mean, the Democrats won.  This is what they get to do.  So I ask myself, what would it take for a bunch of people on my side of the aisle to see it as the reality I see it?  I wonder if it's even possible.  Anyway, here's the bite.  It's from Friday night in Roanoke, Virginia.

OBAMA: Look, i-i-if you've been successful, you didn't get there on your own.

FOLLOWERS: That's right!

OBAMA: You didn't get there on your own. I'm always struck by people who think, "Well, it must be because I was just so smart!"

FOLLOWERS: (laughing)

OBAMA: There are a lot of smart people out there. "It must be because I worked harder than everybody else." Let me tell you something. There are a whole bunch of hardworkin' people out there!

FOLLOWERS: (cheers and applause)

OBAMA: If you were successful, somebody along the line gave you some help!

FOLLOWERS: Yeaaaaaah!

OBAMA: There was a great teacher somewhere in your life.

OBAMA: Somebody helped to create this unbelievable American system that we have that allowed you to thrive. Somebody invested in roads and bridges! If you've got a business, you -- you didn't build that!

OBAMA: Somebody else made that happen. The Internet didn't get invented on its own. Government research created the Internet so that all the companies could make money off the Internet.

RUSH:  It was the Department of Defense that created the Internet.  Of course, that's the one area of the budget that he wants to cut.  But, again, you know, his audience, here you have a bunch of people that are gonna vote for Obama who are looking for excuses because he's doing his best to divide this country, takers, producers.  And he's talking to the takers, and he's giving them every excuse in the world to explain why they haven't, quote, unquote, made it, however that's defined.  How they haven't made it and he comes up and says there's nothing special about successful people.  This is really what he's saying.  Don't feel inferior to these successful people.  They're no better than you.

They're no smarter than you are. They're just luckier. They won life's lottery or they had help from people that you don't know, that you can't get help from. There's nothing special about 'em. There's no reason to admire them. There's no reason to want to emulate them. In fact, we're gonna go take what they got and we're gonna give it to you because they wouldn't be where they are if it weren't for you.

Now, we've had extremist liberals say this kind of stuff on street corners and on the floor of the House of Representatives, but we've never had this kind of divisiveness from the White House. As a matter of fact, maybe not even Woodrow Wilson or FDR. But he's sitting there saying there's nothing special about successful people. It's such a different message. When I was growing up, you wanted to be one of those people. You wanted to emulate those people. You wanted to find out: What was it that made them successful?

I've told you the story about when I was living in a shack, for all intents and purposes, in suburban Kansas City. I was working for Kansas City Royals for $12,000 a year. And I'm one of those people Obama talked about. I know I'm smart. I'm just not doing what I was meant to do. I'm not doing what I was born to do. I'm not doing what I was cut out to do. I'm trying to find my place in the world.

All right, so I'm driving around neighborhoods with big houses, lots of cars.

"What did these people do?"

I'm dying to just go knock on the front door and ask, "What do you do?" I did not run around asking, "All right, who really made it possible for these people to get where they are? Who really bought 'em that house? Who really bought 'em those cars? Who really got 'em that job?" I didn't think that way. I wanted to find out who they were and what they had done. I've never thought that everything came from government.

Obama wants you to think that everything comes from government, that without government being involved somewhere, nobody would have amounted to smithereens. (interruption) How come some people what? (interruption) Well, it... Yeah, you have to assume that if some people never amount to anything, then the government's got something against 'em. Because the people that never amount to anything are the people that are not as successful as others.

Maybe the government didn't help them. So then you have to ask, "Well, why does the government help certain people and not others?" And in Obama's case, you're only gonna get help from him if you donate money to him or raise money for him. How is all this explained? Let me ask you this question, folks: Did your parents make the mistake of telling you, when you were young, that they were proud of you for doing something on your own?

My first job was shining shoes in a barbershop. I was fascinated with making shoes shiny. In fact, shinier than anybody could do it on their own, than anybody could do it themselves. I literally had a passion for it. So I got this job. Three months in the barbershop, and I made like 50 bucks. And my dad was so proud of me, he went out and bought me a record player so I could continue to pretend to be a deejay in my bedroom. He bought me a little, white, 45-rpm turntable that played 33s. It played LPs and so forth.

But he was ecstatic, he was happy, 'cause I'd quit everything that I'd started prior this. My dad did not sit me down and say, "You know, son, you didn't do that on your own. You know, son, I don't want you thinking you did that on your own. I'm not proud of you for doing that, son. You're gonna have to realize that you couldn't have gotten that job in the barbershop if it weren't for me.

"You couldn'ta got the job in the barbershop if it weren't for the guy that hired you, and you wouldn't have kept the job in the barbershop if they didn't like you. You didn't do anything, son. So I don't want you thinking you amount a hill a beans! You don't deserve any credit." My dad didn't tell me that. Is that what parents are supposed to tell kids today? When your kid does something good, are you now supposed to say, "I'm not proud of you. You haven't done anything on your own. You didn't do this"?

Did your parents ever pat you on the back for building a model airplane or an entire town out of Legos? Did they congratulate you for catching a fish by yourself or cooking your own breakfast? If so, what the hell were they thinking? They missed the chance to lecture you, harshly, that you do nothing on your own. Nothing!

"You didn't fix the chain on your bike without help. You didn't dress yourself. You didn't even make a new friend on your own. It took somebody else to introduce you. What do you mean you did it on your own? Don't you understand? You're not an individual. You're nothing without a whole bunch of other people! Go read Hillary's book, It Takes a Village Idiot or whatever the title of her book was."

I don't know.

BREAK TRANSCRIPT

RUSH: By the way, folks, it is natural -- somewhat natural -- that Obama would think the way he thinks. He's been given everything in life. He's had people that turned his C grades into A's. He's had people get him into schools. He got into the Law Review without ever having to write anything. He's had the way paved for him. That's what happened. He's never even had to earn a paycheck! Do you understand, he's never earned a paycheck? Other than what he gets paid now, he's never earned a paycheck.

He's been given everything, including a Nobel Prize. He got a Nobel Prize for doing nothing! He got a Nobel Prize because these idiots at the Nobel Committee thought he was gonna bring peace to the world. So they gave it to him. They were just overwhelmed with all this gooey love junk. It's inexplicable. And he's got it backwards on the Internet. Prior to the late 1980s, usage of ARPANET and other Internet networks for commercial purposes was forbidden.

The Internet was not invented for businesses.

Entrepreneurs found a way to get in there and use it.

The Internet was strictly for national security, for the Department of Defense.

It was never intended for the business community. But a bunch of take-charge people saw what it could be and turned it into something anyway. Now, there's another reason that Obama is saying all this stuff. Because if you didn't really earn it, it's easier for him to take it away from you. The more people he can convince that successful, achievement-oriented people really didn't earn it -- that they just got it by luck -- then it's easier to marshal support for taking it away from people.

Do not discount that aspect of this. He's talking to these crowds of college students and union people, and he's out there saying, "Those people didn't earn it! Those people, they don't deserve that. You deserve it more than they did. They couldn't have done it without you." That means they'll eagerly support whatever confiscatory tax policies he comes up with to take money away from people.

BREAK TRANSCRIPT

RUSH:  Another thing that bothers me about all this is this presumption that the government never makes a mistake.

OBAMA:  If you got a business, you didn't build that.  Somebody else made that happen.

RUSH:  Yeah.  And government never makes a mistake.  They're perfect. Whatever they do, whatever they decide, whatever mess they make, they're the ones to fix it with a brand-new program to compound the problem. (interruption) No, there aren't any stories on Obama gutting welfare reform.  No way.  Mainstream media not even touching that.  But you know what?  Both the Washington Post and The Politico, two mainstream media sources, are carrying the breathtaking news that Obama's favorite Girl Scout cookies are the Thin Mint.  I kid you not.  Not just the Washington Post, but somehow two major news organizations have this scoop.  His favorite Girl Scout cookies are the Thin Mint.  But you can't find any news in either organization that he's gutted welfare reform.

If I did not have ways of distracting myself, I would go nuts trying to figure out a president campaigning, (paraphrasing) "If you got a business you didn't build that, somebody else made that happen." I don't understand why anybody who has ever amounted to anything or wants to cannot be horrified by this man.  That's a question I'm never going to have answered.  It'll never be understandable to me because there is too much irrationality in the world, and irrationality is inexplicable.  You know, I remember, it wasn't all that long ago, the people that got lectured in this country were the people that were lazy.  You got lectured if you were a do nothing-kind of guy.  Your parents lectured you, high school guidance counselors, teachers, whatever.  If you didn't do anything, you were the one that got lectured.  If you were sitting around lazying it all up and not accomplishing, you got the lecture.  Now the people being lectured to in this country are those who succeed, are those who achieve.

OBAMA:  If you've got a business, you didn't build that.  Somebody else made that happen.

RUSH:  Every time I hear that, I'm bowled over by it.  It's the president of the United States saying that.  Every audience he speaks to is little college students or union workers, so you're gonna find people that will applaud this.  But I'm telling you, folks, do not forget what this is about.  One of the reasons for doing this is to make it easier to take money away from people.  If he goes out and he tells these audiences that people who've achieved and have success really didn't earn it, that they just did it on the backs of other people, and they had a lot of help, and the people that really made it happen haven't gotten anything out of it, Obama is paving the way for raising taxes on those people or other confiscatory measures with ease and have the public applaud it because, yeah, they took it from you.

Obama's saying they took it from you.  You built the road that led to the guy's factory, and you should be compensated for that. But you weren't. You made it possible for the guy's factory.  So we're gonna go take his money away. And people are gonna end up applauding this.

END TRANSCRIPT

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald