Author Topic: LIVE THREAD..... Obama's 2014 SOTU Address...9pm est  (Read 21515 times)

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
Re: LIVE THREAD..... Obama's 2014 SOTU Address...9pm est
« Reply #450 on: January 29, 2014, 04:10:57 am »
I'm curious what Rand Paul will say.

When will he do it? 
Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #451 on: January 29, 2014, 04:12:55 am »
When will he do it?

I don't know... maybe they will do an internet release???
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline alicewonders

« Reply #452 on: January 29, 2014, 04:13:16 am »
The Blaze panel is telling it like it is.  I can never go back to the mainstream media. 

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #453 on: January 29, 2014, 04:14:19 am »
The Blaze panel is telling it like it is.  I can never go back to the mainstream media.

Me, either... I literally have the Blaze on all day now.... I love it!  So tired of the mealy mouth crap over at Fox.  I do still watch Megyn Kelly at night - and it cracks me up how she has Will Cain, or Buck Sexton or other Real News people on almost every night now......
« Last Edit: January 29, 2014, 04:15:11 am by Rapunzel »
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline R4 TrumPence

« Reply #454 on: January 29, 2014, 04:16:40 am »
is this myRA:

I am Repub4Bush on FR '02

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #455 on: January 29, 2014, 04:17:21 am »
MyRA is another con job like SS or Medicare........

Offline alicewonders

« Reply #456 on: January 29, 2014, 04:17:24 am »
Unlike FOX, I think Glenn Beck has fostered an atmosphere of 'don't be afraid to say what you think, as long as it is the truth'.  I don't think the panel is as "censored" as those on FOX, who seem to have to walk on egg shells around Obama and the GOP elite. 

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #457 on: January 29, 2014, 04:18:33 am »
Unlike FOX, I think Glenn Beck has fostered an atmosphere of 'don't be afraid to say what you think, as long as it is the truth'.  I don't think the panel is as "censored" as those on FOX, who seem to have to walk on egg shells around Obama and the GOP elite.

I think you're right which is why I don't get why people still trash Beck.... he is all about telling it like it is - of course this is why I'm an independent instead of Republican now.

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #458 on: January 29, 2014, 04:25:46 am »
Good points about the similarities between Carter and Obama and the Reagan way which turned the economy around almost over night. 

Here we have O saying we need to bring all these low wage people into the country and in the meantime the jobs they want them to fill are going to be replaced by robots which work for FREE and then what we are stuck with even more people on the dole.

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #459 on: January 29, 2014, 04:27:54 am »
#SOTU
“I” 50 times.
 “My” 11 times.
“Me” 8 times.
"Me” 3 times (including one “let me be clear”).
 “As president” 2 times.

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #460 on: January 29, 2014, 04:35:02 am »
TexanIndiana ‏@TexanIndiana 26s

Ted Cruz to Megyn Kelly: Obama 90 minute long #SOTU speech said not 1 word or apology to over 5M who lost health plan due to Obamacare.”

Offline alicewonders

« Reply #461 on: January 29, 2014, 04:35:14 am »
Good points about the similarities between Carter and Obama and the Reagan way which turned the economy around almost over night. 

Here we have O saying we need to bring all these low wage people into the country and in the meantime the jobs they want them to fill are going to be replaced by robots which work for FREE and then what we are stuck with even more people on the dole.

Obama's motives are sinister.  Buying votes and keeping people dependent on the government - it's the democrat way - PLUS the progressives just really, really really REALLY hate America and want to see her brought down. 

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #462 on: January 29, 2014, 04:43:27 am »
Obama's motives are sinister.  Buying votes and keeping people dependent on the government - it's the democrat way - PLUS the progressives just really, really really REALLY hate America and want to see her brought down.

When The Blaze ended switched to Megyn Kelly in time to see a Luntz panel - the Democrats loved the speech and want him to rule by fiat and the Republicans hated it.

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #463 on: January 29, 2014, 04:45:10 am »
OMG Obama plagerized a George W.Bush speech tonight - Mark Thiessenis on with Megyn Kelly - he wrote that speech and said when he read it earlier today he said "oh my God I wrote this for Bush."  Of course they switched some words around to make it bend the Democrat way, but he said it was the Bush speech, said he took a speech about opportunity and made it divisive.

Offline Atomic Cow

• High Yield Minion
« Reply #464 on: January 29, 2014, 04:46:06 am »
When The Blaze ended switched to Megyn Kelly in time to see a Luntz panel - the Democrats loved the speech and want him to rule by fiat and the Republicans hated it.

Democrats want nothing less than to have Obama round up all Republicans and liquidate them.  They have become that unhinged.
"...And these atomic bombs which science burst upon the world that night were strange, even to the men who used them."  H. G. Wells, The World Set Free, 1914

"The one pervading evil of democracy is the tyranny of the majority, or rather of that party, not always the majority, that succeeds, by force or fraud, in carrying elections." -Lord Acton

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #465 on: January 29, 2014, 04:46:16 am »
On the Luntz panel when asked about MyRa even the Democrats cringed and said no  - and one guy said oh, no...... another Obamacare.

Offline Atomic Cow

• High Yield Minion
« Reply #466 on: January 29, 2014, 04:50:47 am »
On the Luntz panel when asked about MyRa even the Democrats cringed and said no  - and one guy said oh, no...... another Obamacare.

It is the first step to seizing all 401ks and IRAs.

However, if that happens, I would except an insurrection.
"...And these atomic bombs which science burst upon the world that night were strange, even to the men who used them."  H. G. Wells, The World Set Free, 1914

"The one pervading evil of democracy is the tyranny of the majority, or rather of that party, not always the majority, that succeeds, by force or fraud, in carrying elections." -Lord Acton

Offline alicewonders

« Reply #467 on: January 29, 2014, 04:54:17 am »

I'm beginning to wonder.  If the Obamacare roll-out didn't bring out the torches and pitchforks....really?

Offline happyg

« Reply #468 on: January 29, 2014, 04:54:40 am »

I saw that. At this point, it looks like the democrats are on their own. I switched to Bing off and on because it had a graph. The Independents and Republicans were lock step throughout the entire speech. The dems weren't that enthused, either. The same happened with the after speech.

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #469 on: January 29, 2014, 05:03:39 am »
I saw that. At this point, it looks like the democrats are on their own. I switched to Bing off and on because it had a graph. The Independents and Republicans were lock step throughout the entire speech. The dems weren't that enthused, either. The same happened with the after speech.

That is encouraging I forgot Bing has their graph thing these days....

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #470 on: January 29, 2014, 05:06:16 am »

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Reply #471 on: January 29, 2014, 05:24:13 am »
Just because I don't know where else to post this and I'm too tired to look, here is my one (of many) thought tonight.

Income Inequality? Right now and a progressively larger number, more and more people from the Baby Boomer generation are retiring. As they are no longer living off an earned income but off savings, investments, Social Security, or a combination of those, they are not considered to have an 'income' by statistical measures. Remember, politicians always lie with statistics to obfuscate reality to manipulate you. 'Income Inequality' is just the new Honey Boo Boo of the political world- a pop term to control your 'viewing'.

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Reply #472 on: January 29, 2014, 05:27:21 am »

Don't think for a moment they would do it so overtly people would revolt.  They aren't that stupid. They are the masters of pop culture and media.

What they would do (after a few bank failures) is 'protect your retirement', 'secure your investments', 'guarantee your return on investment', and 'eliminate risk of loss'.

They are from the government and they are here to help!

« Last Edit: January 29, 2014, 05:28:11 am by AbaraXas »

Offline Rapunzel

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
« Reply #474 on: January 29, 2014, 12:15:15 pm »
I just wish it was the STFU address instead of the SOTU address.