Author Topic: Barbara Bush: No more political dynasties  (Read 1043 times)

Offline Rapunzel

Barbara Bush: No more political dynasties
« on: January 16, 2014, 09:47:22 pm »
http://www.politico.com/story/2014/01/barbara-bush-family-presidents-102286.html

Barbara Bush: No more political dynasties

'If we can’t find more than two or three families to run for higher office, that’s silly.'

By JOSE DELREAL | 1/16/14 4:20 PM EST

Don’t expect former first lady Barbara Bush to be hosting any “Jeb Bush for President” fundraisers anytime soon.

In an interview airing Monday on C-SPAN as part of the channel’s First Ladies series, the Bush matriarch says she isn’t too keen on Jeb making a presidential bid, citing her belief the country should look beyond just “Kennedys, Clintons, Bushes.”

“If we can’t find more than two or three families to run for higher office, that’s silly. Because there are great governors and great eligible people to run,” Bush said in the interview. “There are a lot of ways to serve, and being president is not the only one, and I would hope that someone else would run.”

The former first lady, while giving her son Jeb Bush a strong vote of confidence, said, “[T]here’s no question in my mind that Jeb is the best-qualified person to run for president, but I hope he won’t,” she said. “There are other families. I refuse to accept that this great country isn’t raising other wonderful people.”

The full interview will air Jan. 20 at 9 p.m.
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline Ford289HiPo

• Don't take life seriously; No one gets out alive
Re: Barbara Bush: No more political dynasties
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2014, 12:12:17 am »
Don’t expect former first lady Barbara Bush to be hosting any “Jeb Bush for President” fundraisers anytime soon.

In an interview airing Monday on C-SPAN as part of the channel’s First Ladies series, the Bush matriarch says she isn’t too keen on Jeb making a presidential bid, citing her belief the country should look beyond just “Kennedys, Clintons, Bushes.”

Oh, we are looking. Believe me, we are.
I wonder when the lies will stop and truth begin, even as grim as the truth may be. And then I remember that for 70 years, the reign of terror in Russia called itself "the people's government." We have so far to fall, yet we are falling fast and Hell yawns to receive us.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2014, 01:43:41 am »
She is a wise woman.

Stay out da Bushes.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2014, 02:28:13 pm »

Yeah, right! Good one, Barb!
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2014, 02:34:53 pm »
Yet people keep voting for them.  We either have the biggest dumb-assedness voters on the face of the earth - or there is deeply entrenched voter fraud going on.  Or both?

Actuallly, there are a lot of other good candidates out there - but our ultra-corrupt media/state system bulldozes anyone down that isn't part of the existing system. 
Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2014, 02:43:07 pm »
Yet people keep voting for them.  We either have the biggest dumb-assedness voters on the face of the earth - or there is deeply entrenched voter fraud going on.  Or both?

Actuallly, there are a lot of other good candidates out there - but our ultra-corrupt media/state system bulldozes anyone down that isn't part of the existing system.
Name recognition, money and ability to win over the kingmakers in Iowa (King Corn and Baptistland), New Hampshire (Mass. Dems.) and SC are what makes a contender these days.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline PzLdr

« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2014, 04:03:01 pm »
She clear that with the Clintoons and the Dead  Kennedys?
Hillary's Self-announced Qualifications: She Stood Up To Putin...She Sits to Pee

Offline Relic

« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2014, 04:08:20 pm »

I'd say we have the biggest dumb-assedness voters.

EC and I had this discussion on another thread, I think, in a lot of people, there is a desire for royalty. I don't understand it, but look how Americans swoon over the British royals. So, American voters create a de facto kind of royalty.

Offline Gazoo

• Inactive Members
« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2014, 04:12:36 pm »
I call BS. Why are they grooming this guy?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/George_P._Bush
"The Tea Party has a right to feel cheated.

When does the Republican Party, put in the majority by the Tea Party, plan to honor its commitment to halt the growth of the Federal monolith and bring the budget back into balance"?

Offline happyg

« Reply #9 on: January 17, 2014, 04:17:31 pm »
I call BS. Why are they grooming this guy?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/George_P._Bush

I forgot about him. I doubt Barbara Bush will still be alive if and when he decides to run. I hope he doesn't, at least in my lifetime. I couldn't stand the MSM attacking him all the time, even if he does a good job.

Offline LambChop

« Reply #10 on: January 17, 2014, 05:07:42 pm »
« Last Edit: January 17, 2014, 05:09:20 pm by LambChop »