Author Topic: Saudi religious police prevent women from using swings  (Read 535 times)

rangerrebew

Saudi religious police prevent women from using swings
« on: January 16, 2014, 09:58:17 am »
Saudi Religious Police Prevent Women From Using Swings

Those who supported the actions of the police said "the swing could tempt passers-by to harass or attack them."

Wed, January 15, 2014

A picture of the Saudi Arabian religious police stopping women in a public park from using the swings has gone viral in the Kingdom. News outlets and social media, abuzz with the story, have garnered opinions that both support and oppose the actions of the police (who are officially titled the "Commission for the Promotion of Virtue and the Prevention of Vice").

Akhbaar24 news, who originally reported the story, said those who supported the actions of the police said "the swing could tempt passers-by to harass or attack them."

http://www.clarionproject.org/news/saudi-religious-police-prevent-women-using-swings#

« Last Edit: January 16, 2014, 09:58:54 am by rangerrebew »

Offline flowers

Re: Saudi religious police prevent women from using swings
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2014, 09:26:13 pm »
This reminded me of a article I read a few years ago. A woman choked to death when riding a go-cart. Her head dress got caught up in the wheels and killed her. I guess go-carts OK swings not so much.