Author Topic: The Unconventional Way Sen. Rand Paul Is Teaching the Youth About Domestic Surveillance  (Read 539 times)

Offline Rapunzel

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2014/01/15/nr-rand-paul-on-real-news/

The Unconventional Way Sen. Rand Paul Is Teaching the Youth About Domestic Surveillance
Jan. 15, 2014 6:00pm Erica Ritz

Sen. Rand Paul (R-Ky.) made headlines Wednesday after joining Snapchat, the popular messaging app that allows users to send photos and videos that self-delete within seconds of being viewed.

“When I chat with people, I want it to disappear, and I don’t want the NSA looking at my chats,” he explained in an interview with TheBlaze TV’s Will Cain. “So I thought, what better way to have my chats disappear than to join Snapchat?”

When Cain noted that the NSA could access Snapchat’s servers, Paul laughed and said: “Yeah, we kinda realize all of that. Some of this is tongue-in-cheek and lighthearted, but some of it has a more serious purpose, and that is to bring up the discussion of privacy.”

“Really, there should be an expectation of privacy,” Paul continued. “One of the disconcerting things about what the government’s doing is, not only are they sometimes, I think, giving invalid warrants, sometimes I think they’re just illegally tapping in to different servers and different Internet engines. They’re doing a lot of stuff above and beyond even what the companies know what is being done to them.”

The clip aired in a special web promo in advance of the full interview on “Real News From TheBlaze” Wednesday at 6:00 p.m. ET.
Complimentary Clip from TheBlaze TV
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776