Author Topic: 2014 Golden Globes  (Read 1674 times)

Offline Atomic Cow

• High Yield Minion
2014 Golden Globes
« on: January 13, 2014, 01:52:35 am »
For those who care.  Winners so far...

Best Performance by an Actress in a Supporting Role in a Motion Picture
Winner: Jennifer Lawrence for "American Hustle"

Best Performance by an Actress in a Supporting Role in a Series, Mini-Series or Motion Picture Made for Television
Winner: Jacqueline Bisset for "Dancing on the Edge"

Best Mini-Series or Motion Picture Made for Television
Winner: "Behind the Candelabra"

Best Performance by an Actress in a Mini-Series or a Motion Picture Made for Television
Winner: Elisabeth Moss for "Top of the Lake"

Best Performance by an Actor in a Television Series - Drama
Winner: Bryan Cranston for "Breaking Bad" (Shocked I tell you, shocked.)

Best Television Series - Drama
Winner: "Breaking Bad" (Even more shocked.)
"...And these atomic bombs which science burst upon the world that night were strange, even to the men who used them."  H. G. Wells, The World Set Free, 1914

"The one pervading evil of democracy is the tyranny of the majority, or rather of that party, not always the majority, that succeeds, by force or fraud, in carrying elections." -Lord Acton

Offline Atomic Cow

• High Yield Minion
Re: 2014 Golden Globes
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2014, 01:53:01 am »
Best Original Score - Motion Picture
Winner: "All Is Lost" - Alex Ebert
"...And these atomic bombs which science burst upon the world that night were strange, even to the men who used them."  H. G. Wells, The World Set Free, 1914

"The one pervading evil of democracy is the tyranny of the majority, or rather of that party, not always the majority, that succeeds, by force or fraud, in carrying elections." -Lord Acton

Offline Atomic Cow

• High Yield Minion
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2014, 01:56:02 am »
Best Original Song - Motion Picture
Winner: "Mandela: Long Walk to Freedom" - Bono, Adam Clayton, The Edge, Larry Mullen Jr., Brian Burton ("Ordinary Love")

Offline Atomic Cow

• High Yield Minion
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2014, 02:09:16 am »
Best Performance by an Actor in a Supporting Role in a Series, Mini-Series or Motion Picture Made for Television
Winner: Jon Voight for "Ray Donovan"

Best Performance by an Actress in a Motion Picture - Musical or Comedy
Winner: Amy Adams for "American Hustle"

Offline Gazoo

• Inactive Members
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2014, 02:10:31 am »
"The Tea Party has a right to feel cheated.

When does the Republican Party, put in the majority by the Tea Party, plan to honor its commitment to halt the growth of the Federal monolith and bring the budget back into balance"?

Offline Gazoo

• Inactive Members
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2014, 02:14:37 am »
We all know what a narcissist Oprah is and that she is in Hawaii with MO. I can't believe Oprah didn't try to buy the award for Butler. That was this year, correct?

And that WH Down movie stunk it was all political left.

When does the Republican Party, put in the majority by the Tea Party, plan to honor its commitment to halt the growth of the Federal monolith and bring the budget back into balance"?

Offline happyg

« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2014, 02:20:47 am »
I have never seen any of those movies. I have no clue what any of them are about. Any of them worth watching?

Offline Atomic Cow

• High Yield Minion
« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2014, 02:22:55 am »
Best Performance by an Actress in a Television Series - Drama
Winner: Robin Wright for "House of Cards"

Best Performance by an Actor in a Supporting Role in a Motion Picture
Winner: Jared Leto for "Dallas Buyers Club"

Offline Atomic Cow

• High Yield Minion
« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2014, 02:23:07 am »
I have never seen any of those movies. I have no clue what any of them are about. Any of them worth watching?

Probably not.

Offline Gazoo

• Inactive Members
« Reply #9 on: January 13, 2014, 02:28:41 am »
Hap, I watched Breaking Bad series on AMC channel. I missed the very last few episodes. It is a drama cliff hanger type of series. Like Dallas and Dynasty were back when. It is very explicit citing a man that was a HS chemistry teacher finding out he has cancer so he cooks meth to get money to pay for his health care and provide for his family after he dies..

Offline happyg

« Reply #10 on: January 13, 2014, 02:30:44 am »
Hap, I watched Breaking Bad series on AMC channel. I missed the very last few episodes. It is a drama cliff hanger type of series. Like Dallas and Dynasty were back when. It is very explicit citing a man that was a HS chemistry teacher finding out he has cancer so he cooks meth to get money to pay for his health care and provide for his family after he dies..

Thanks. I will try to remember to check it out.

Offline Gazoo

• Inactive Members
« Reply #11 on: January 13, 2014, 02:34:43 am »
Walter White found out about Obamacare so he cooked meth...

I kid I kid...

Offline happyg

« Reply #12 on: January 13, 2014, 02:41:46 am »
Walter White found out about Obamacare so he cooked meth...

I kid I kid...

:silly:

Offline Atomic Cow

• High Yield Minion
« Reply #13 on: January 13, 2014, 02:52:56 am »
Best Performance by an Actor in a Mini-Series or a Motion Picture Made for Television
Winner: Michael Douglas for Behind the Candelabra

Best Foreign Language Film
Winner: The Great Beauty

Best Performance by an Actor in a Television Series - Musical or Comedy
Winner: Andy Samberg for "Brooklyn Nine-Nine"

Best Screenplay - Motion Picture
Winner: Her - Spike Jonze

Offline Atomic Cow

• High Yield Minion
« Reply #14 on: January 13, 2014, 02:56:43 am »
Best Animated Film
Winner: Frozen - Chris Buck, Jennifer Lee

Offline Atomic Cow

• High Yield Minion
« Reply #15 on: January 13, 2014, 02:59:19 am »
Best Performance by an Actress in a Television Series - Musical or Comedy
Winner: Amy Poehler for "Parks and Recreation"

Offline Atomic Cow

• High Yield Minion
« Reply #16 on: January 13, 2014, 03:20:08 am »
Best Director - Motion Picture
Winner: Alfonso Cuarón for "Gravity"

Offline Atomic Cow

• High Yield Minion
« Reply #17 on: January 13, 2014, 03:30:39 am »
Best Performance by an Actor in a Motion Picture - Musical or Comedy
Winner: Leonardo DiCaprio for "The Wolf of Wall Street"

Best Television Series - Musical or Comedy
Winner: "Brooklyn Nine-Nine"

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #18 on: January 13, 2014, 03:39:32 am »
Diane Keaton proved these actors should never go off teleprompter.
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline Atomic Cow

• High Yield Minion
« Reply #19 on: January 13, 2014, 03:40:46 am »
Best Motion Picture - Musical or Comedy
Winner: American Hustle

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #20 on: January 13, 2014, 03:43:52 am »
http://wonderwall.msn.com/tv/whats-buzzing-at-the-2014-golden-globe-awards-27786.gallery?photoId=129238

What the What?!

Craziest speech of the night goes to ... Jacqueline Bisset! The actress grew so flustered and confused after being named Best Supporting Actress for the miniseries "Dancing On The Edge" that she intermittently paused, lost her words, talked to herself, started one thought only to finish it with another, shouted for Chiwetel Ejiofor and

then, when the music played, prompting her to wrap it up, she vowed to "get this together" and started shouting a favorite quote from her mother -- charmingly -- "Go to hell and don't come back." She rambled on from there, telling the audience that "I believe if you want to look good, you've got to forgive everybody. Forgiveness for yourself and for the others, I love my friends, I love my family, you're so kind. Thank you so much." Yup. Amazing.
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline Atomic Cow

• High Yield Minion
« Reply #21 on: January 13, 2014, 03:47:34 am »
Best Performance by an Actress in a Motion Picture - Drama
Winner: Cate Blanchett for Blue Jasmine

Offline Atomic Cow

• High Yield Minion
« Reply #22 on: January 13, 2014, 03:51:06 am »
Best Performance by an Actor in a Motion Picture - Drama
Winner: Matthew McConaughey for Dallas Buyers Club

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #23 on: January 13, 2014, 03:53:06 am »
Best Performance by an Actor in a Motion Picture - Drama
Winner: Matthew McConaughey for Dallas Buyers Club

Good.  I like him.

Offline Atomic Cow

• High Yield Minion
« Reply #24 on: January 13, 2014, 03:58:17 am »
And that's it.  No surprise whatsoever.  Knew it would be the politically correct choice.

Best Motion Picture - Drama
Winner: 12 Years a Slave