Author Topic: The Case of Alex Rodriguez  (Read 544 times)

Offline flowers

The Case of Alex Rodriguez
« on: January 13, 2014, 04:55:54 pm »
http://www.cbsnews.com/news/the-case-of-alex-rodriguez/

The following is a script from "The Case of Alex Rodriguez" which aired on Jan. 12, 2014. Scott Pelley is the correspondent. Michael Radutzky, Emily Rand and Andrew Bast, producers.

Yesterday, Alex Rodriguez, considered one of the best baseball players of all time, was hit with the longest doping suspension in history. After a contentious private hearing, Major League Baseball's arbitration judge took the Yankee third baseman out of the game all of next season. This, despite the fact that there is no positive drug test for Rodriguez. After the decision, Rodriguez repeated that he has never taken performance-enhancing drugs in the years that he's played for New York.

Tonight, you are going to hear details of the evidence for the first time -- much of it from Anthony Bosch, who ran a secret doping practice for pro athletes. It was last summer, after Bosch was exposed, that Rodriguez and 13 others, all Bosch's clients, were suspended. All accepted their penalties except Rodriguez who appealed. In Rodriguez's appeal hearing, Tony Bosch testified for five days, behind closed doors. Tonight, he speaks publicly for the first time.

bosch medium(1).jpg
Anthony Bosch
CBS News
 Scott Pelley: Once Alex Rodriguez was fully into your protocol, what were the various banned substances that he was taking?

Anthony Bosch: Testosterone, insulin growth factor one, human growth hormone, and some different forms of peptides.

Scott Pelley: All of them banned?

Anthony Bosch: All of them banned.

Scott Pelley: And he knew that.

Anthony Bosch: He-- yes, he-- he did.

Scott Pelley: And you knew that?

Anthony Bosch: And I knew that.

Scott Pelley: Was Rodriguez injecting himself with these substances?

Anthony Bosch: Alex is scared of needles.  So at times-- he would ask me to inject.

Scott Pelley: You've injected him?

Anthony Bosch: Yes.

Scott Pelley: Personally?

Anthony Bosch: Personally.

Tony Bosch told us Alex Rodriguez became his client in 2010. Bosch says he’s supplied pro athletes with banned drugs almost 10 years -- a corrupt sideline to his anti-aging clinic called

Did anyone watch this last night on 60 minutes?

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Re: The Case of Alex Rodriguez
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2014, 05:11:21 pm »
I watched it and found it informative but not conclusive by any means!

The thing that jumped out at me most is the fact that A-Rod continues to make public statements of innocence but refuses to say a word in a courtroom under oath!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline flowers

Re: The Case of Alex Rodriguez
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2014, 05:32:43 pm »
I watched it and found it informative but not conclusive by any means!

The thing that jumped out at me most is the fact that A-Rod continues to make public statements of innocence but refuses to say a word in a courtroom under oath!
I totally agree with you. I found that interesting too  he hasn't said a word under oath. Also how must all the other players feel who don't do steroids and lost to A-Rod in those games he was supposed to have doped up in? Also as a fan if your team lost to the Yankees because of his roid use I know I am mad.