Author Topic: Wisniewski raises possibility of Christie impeachment over bridge scandal  (Read 1004 times)

Offline Gazoo

• Inactive Members

The assemblyman leading the investigation of the George Washington Bridge Scandal raised the stakes tonight, hinting that if the probe finds Gov. Chris Christie knew more than he's letting on, impeachment is a possibility.

"Using the George Washington Bridge, a public resource, to exact a political vendetta, is a crime," Assemblyman John Wisniewski told NBC News. "Having people use their officials position to have a political game is a crime. So if those tie back to the governor in any way, it clearly becomes an impeachable offense."

Christie has denied any knowledge of the September lane diversions at the George Washington Bridge that snarled traffic in the borough of Fort Lee and have since cost four people their job and to date no emails or testimony have surfaced to suggest Christie knew more about the lane closures than he has so far said.

Democrats charge the lane diversions were used as political payback to Fort Lee Mayor Mark Sokolich for the mayor's failure to endorse the governor in his bid for reelection.

Christie has denied the claim, adding that it makes no sense because to his knowledge, Sokolich was never asked for his endorsement.

http://www.nj.com/politics/index.ssf/2014/01/wisniewski_raises_possibility_of_christie_impeachment_over_bridge_scandal.html

I did some channel surfing last night and of course all of the MSM are doing nothing but reporting Bridgegate as breaking news constantly.
The democratic legislature is outright saying they will impeach Christie as 'they just know' he is involved.

Yet, Obama sits unscathed. I want to know how they got private cell phone text messages. I want to know how the dems knew there was something there with the bridge closings, to look at to begin with? The MSM timeline has a Hillary Clinton fundraising group starting bridgegate and the Clinton people used the media to get the story national. Does Obama/ Hillary have the NSA/DOJ at their disposal? Whether Christie is innocent or not... I am sure if all of the democratic legislators got their cell phones and emails looked into by the NSA or DOJ- something could be found- and or twisted- to impeach them. Is this where we are at? The dems got the power of the NSA and IRS so they will take full power? I realize these thoughts are far-fetched but the dems think that they can scream impeachment of a governor and place a dem in there. Can they? Is this where we are at?
"The Tea Party has a right to feel cheated.

When does the Republican Party, put in the majority by the Tea Party, plan to honor its commitment to halt the growth of the Federal monolith and bring the budget back into balance"?

Offline aligncare

If it unfolds that this is a political witch hunt, even Christie detractors in the Republican Party will have to come to his defense or fight back in some other way.

Once something becomes "political" truth goes out the window.

Offline Gazoo

• Inactive Members
I just watched the headlines on my IP's MSM news page change to -IMPEACH Christie- like it is now a done deal. Thousands of articles of the MSM saying he is done for POTUS 2016.

Like it or not, here is why. He would beat Hillary with a hispanic female.

http://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2013/11/chris-christie-susana-martinez-is-this-your-2016-republican-ticket/281360/
"The Tea Party has a right to feel cheated.

When does the Republican Party, put in the majority by the Tea Party, plan to honor its commitment to halt the growth of the Federal monolith and bring the budget back into balance"?

Offline Rapunzel

If it unfolds that this is a political witch hunt, even Christie detractors in the Republican Party will have to come to his defense or fight back in some other way.

Christie burned those bridges all by his own big egocentric mouth.  Why do you think everyone is silent.
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline LottieDah

It's all political theatre.  Detractors of every political stripe are after Christie and he never even said he was going to  be a Presidential candidate in 2016.  I guess they really want Hillary to be their candidate and win.  Sad for us all.

Offline Cincinnatus

I want to know how the dems knew there was something there with the bridge closings, to look at to begin with?

Probably because such behavior is de rigueur in politics, especially among the Dems who dominate the NE. Offend the powers that be and suddenly your street will be in need of repairs and will be torn up, your trash somehow doesn't get collected, city inspectors show up and find you have several violations. That sort of thing is done all the time and the Dems, who practice such harassment assiduously, recognize it when they see it.
We shall never be abandoned by Heaven while we act worthy of its aid ~~ Samuel Adams

Offline Rapunzel

It's all political theatre.  Detractors of every political stripe are after Christie and he never even said he was going to  be a Presidential candidate in 2016.  I guess they really want Hillary to be their candidate and win.  Sad for us all.

Hillary and Christie are both in favor of the same things.  There is no space between them except Christie "claims" he is pro-life and Clinton is "pro-choice."  They both are in favor of amnesty, big government, gun control, etc...
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline olde north church

this guy's an a$$hole of the first order.
Why?  Well, because I'm a bastard, that's why.