Author Topic: U.S. Senator Chuck Schumer sponsors bill to hand over US Military powers to Israel in wartime  (Read 642 times)

rangerrebew

U.S. Senator Chuck Schumer sponsors bill to hand over US Military Powers to Israel in Wartime

Posted on January 12, 2014 by # 1 NWO Hatr

Ascension Earth

A bill introduced in the US Senate by Chuck Schumer (D-NY), entitled the “Nuclear Weapon Free Iran Act of 2013,” – now supported by 50 US Senators – formally turns over American war powers to the State of Israel and its Prime Minister, Benjamin Netanyahu.

According to a leading American Iran expert, Columbia University professor Gary Sick, “the bill outsources any decision about resort to military action to the government of Israel, by committing the United States in advance to support any military action by Israel.” 

S. 1881

http://www.fromthetrenchesworldreport.com/u-s-senator-chuck-schumer-sponsors-bill-to-hand-over-us-military-powers-to-israel-in-wartime/72050
« Last Edit: January 12, 2014, 02:21:42 pm by rangerrebew »

rangerrebew

This whole thing really bothers me because I see it as a political move, not a security for an ally.  I find it odd that come at almost the same time Gates came out and said, basically, Obama used US troops as political pawns.  I have to wonder if professor Sick is a friend of Schumer since his conclusion seems to make no sense.  It seems to me knowing in advance what will happen to US troops if they are committed makes it almost impossible for them to be used since I'm sure public opinion would be strongly against it.  I have other questions, though:

1.  If the middle east diplomacy of Lurch is working so well, why is this even a consideration - publicly?

2.  Obama has done absolutely nothing for Israel, so why would Schumer write a bill which Obama would be likely to veto? - unless

3.  Schumer discussed this with Obama prior to submitting it.  If so, why would Obama tell him to go ahead? - perhaps

4.  Obama might use this to make it look like he cares about the military by refusing to commit them?

5.  Schumer knows this will pass the senate but likely die in the house.  Could this be another political maneuver by the administration with the military as pawns to give
     the appearance democrats care about the military and republicans don't?

This whole thing has the stench of a swamp.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2014, 02:57:55 pm by rangerrebew »