Author Topic: 12-Year-Old Dies Unexpectedly, Leaves Amazing Letter to Her Adult Self  (Read 1036 times)

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
12-Year-Old Dies Unexpectedly, Leaves Amazing Letter to Her Adult Self

By Beth Greenfield, Shine Staff | Parenting – Fri, Jan 10, 2014 2:16 PM EST

Sometimes sources of comfort can come from the most unexpected places. At least that’s been the case for a grieving mom and dad in Tennessee whose 12-year-old daughter died of pneumonia on Jan. 5. Just days after Taylor Smith’s death, her parents found a sealed envelope containing a letter Taylor had written to her 22-year-old self — and its sunny, wise-beyond-her-years prose appears to be a consolation to her parents.

“To be opened by Taylor Smith on April 13, 2023 only unless said otherwise,” Taylor had printed on the envelope of the letter, written in April 2013, according to WJHL.

“Sorry, baby, we opened it,” her father, Tim, told the television station, before reading it aloud with a sometimes-quavering voice. “Dear Taylor, how's life? Life is pretty simple 10 years in your past. I know I'm late for you, but as I'm writing this early, so: congratulations on graduating high school! If you didn't, go back and keep trying. Get that degree! … Do you have your own place yet? If we're in college, what are we majoring in? Right now I wanna be a lawyer.” The letter also addresses the importance of prayer and religious missions (she was, like her family, a devout Christian), Dollywood, her iPad (with a drawing of it attached) and the show “Dr. Who.”

(more)
http://shine.yahoo.com/parenting/12-year-old-dies-unexpectedly--leaves-amazing-letter-to-her-adult-self-191637567.html

The original link is at http://www.parenting.com/
It is a good link.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
Re: 12-Year-Old Dies Unexpectedly, Leaves Amazing Letter to Her Adult Self
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2014, 07:46:34 pm »
It is a good link.

Yes. It is.

A comment on the Channel 11 story: http://www.wjhl.com/story/24389289/johnson-city-girls-life-remembered

Tracy Poole · Top Commenter
I had the honor of having this radiant, young lady as a student in my Sunday school class and I remember being impressed by her fearless, positive attitude, despite her petite presence...and I was reminded by how God is attracted to the small and humble...and courageous. Up until the end, her desire was to worship God and she is doing so, face to face with Him as I type. I'm glad to have witnessed a small portion of this kid's earthly life...and even more thankful to have learned from her. I hope that when I enter heaven I don't limp or crawl in like so many others...but that I come into His presence like Taylor did; skidding in with a smile on her face. Thanks for the example little sister...we'll all catch up later... :)

Damned allergies are acting up again.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink