Author Topic: Chamber of Commerce to Spend $50 Million to Crush Tea Party  (Read 4609 times)

Offline sinkspur

Re: Chamber of Commerce to Spend $50 Million to Crush Tea Party
« Reply #50 on: December 28, 2013, 11:33:25 pm »
Actually, they only had the presidency and both houses for a brief time during those 8 years and I thought Noot and the gang did a commendable job...considering they were pubbies.

You're confused.   Go back and check your history. 
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #51 on: December 29, 2013, 12:10:44 am »
Actually, they only had the presidency and both houses for a brief time during those 8 years and I thought Noot and the gang did a commendable job...considering they were pubbies.
ACTUALLY I looked it up, and Reagan NEVER had a majority in the House, and DID have a majority in the Senate for the first 6 yrs. of his Presidency.

In the final 2 yrs. of Reagan's Presidency the GOP was in the minority of both houses of Congress.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline evadR

« Reply #52 on: December 29, 2013, 02:23:49 am »
You're confused.   Go back and check your history.
Not at all.
The pubbies controlled the House and the Senate for 4 of his 8 years and his senate control was only marginal so his agenda was stymied.  Their control was a dubious thing as it may have been good for committee assignments and controlling the docket but the margin was too small for any major achievement. At least that's what W thought.
It was only through the leadership of Noot that anything got done and, as I said, considering they were pubbies  I think their achievements were commendable for that 4 year period.
November 6, 2012, a day in infamy...the death of a republic as we know it.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #53 on: December 29, 2013, 02:32:43 am »
Not at all.
The pubbies controlled the House and the Senate for 4 of his 8 years and his senate control was only marginal so his agenda was stymied.  Their control was a dubious thing as it may have been good for committee assignments and controlling the docket but the margin was too small for any major achievement. At least that's what W thought.
It was only through the leadership of Noot that anything got done and, as I said, considering they were pubbies  I think their achievements were commendable for that 4 year period.

Newt Gingrich left the House Speakership in 1998.  He resigned.   Dennis Hastert was the Speaker of the House during the 6 years of Bush's presidency that the GOP controlled the House.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline olde north church

« Reply #54 on: December 29, 2013, 11:06:06 am »
Not at all.

Noot left the House before W was elected.  Hastert, then Bella Pellosi.
Why?  Well, because I'm a bastard, that's why.

Offline evadR

« Reply #55 on: December 29, 2013, 01:01:43 pm »
I stand corrected ..it wasn't Noot. How could I forget those wonderful Clinton years.
But, Hastert or Noot, I still think the pubbies did a commendable job during the W presidency considering the extremely contentious and obstructive senate dims.

« Reply #56 on: December 29, 2013, 01:03:38 pm »
I stand corrected ..it wasn't Noot. How could I forget those wonderful Clinton years.
But, Hastert or Noot, I still think the pubbies did a commendable job during the W presidency considering the extremely contentious and obstructive senate dims.

Jim Jeffords, didn't his party switch give the dems the Senate?

Offline evadR

« Reply #57 on: December 29, 2013, 01:32:01 pm »
Jim Jeffords, didn't his party switch give the dems the Senate?
Yep. It was amazing with these kinds of problems in the senate that W was able to accomplish anything. In terms of positive achievements, the Bush Tax Cuts may have been it.

« Reply #58 on: December 29, 2013, 02:26:50 pm »
Yep. It was amazing with these kinds of problems in the senate that W was able to accomplish anything. In terms of positive achievements, the Bush Tax Cuts may have been it.

Yet nary a problem with Medicare D, "No Child Left Behind" and "Bowling for African AIDS Dollars"

Offline evadR

« Reply #59 on: December 29, 2013, 04:46:55 pm »
Yet nary a problem with Medicare D, "No Child Left Behind" and "Bowling for African AIDS Dollars"
Yes..that's why I said "positive".

I'm afraid all of W's social agenda was Dem lite or just plain Dem.

The African AIDs thing is a real passion for W. He is the ONLY president to actually produce real, measurable,  positive results in that area.
All the others, and especially Obama, just gave it lip service and threw a little money at it. But W actually had results.

He's a very compassionate guy. Misguided at times but, compassionate.