Author Topic: Ted Cruz: If House Republicans Pass Amnesty, Harry Reid Will Keep Senate  (Read 3003 times)

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
Re: Ted Cruz: If House Republicans Pass Amnesty, Harry Reid Will Keep Senate
« Reply #25 on: December 24, 2013, 01:46:55 am »
Who get's to make the decision as to what is, or is not unworkable?
A large number of jurisdictions have decided that assisting the capture of illegals, is more than they want to take on. So they make it a lower priority.

Legislators, administrative  managers, police and fire, teachers and medical services all come into contact with illegals.

At each and every level, decisions are being made continually about which laws and regulations to enforce, etc.

At one extreme all the above and citizens in general would be deputized in an all out effort to round up and deport illegals. At the other extreme we would do next to nothing.

When Reagan advanced the idea of amnesty, I was livid. But I soon learned that most of the country had felt little impact, like we had in California. Amnesty passed by legislators had no idea how bad it could get.

My concern in economic.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #26 on: December 24, 2013, 02:12:52 am »
A little hard for any enforcement to take place when our own flipping government if flying the children of people here illegally into this country at our cost to reunite them with their illegally here parents.
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Oceander

« Reply #27 on: December 24, 2013, 05:01:50 am »
The point  I responded to only concerned dissenting from a law.  You stated that we could not dissent to Obamacare and I had to respond to your error.  It is difficult to understand your muddled point when it less than eloquently stated and magically appears in new form.     Now to this magically appearing point,  regarding failure to enforce a law as an impeachable offense, such action may or may not constitute high crimes and misdemeanors.  Impeachment is rare and there are few standards to apply the definition concerning a US President.  Obviously, no President can enforce all laws to the same degree.  All laws are not equal.  Failure to fully execute certain obscure laws certainly do not rise to that level, though even those laws should be enforced.  However, failing to protect the United States from invasion is of vital importance, even Constitutional importance, to our nation and therefore should be considered  a high crime and misdemeanor.   

/snicker

aliens illegally crossing the border do not constitute an "invasion" - except perhaps in the deranged mind of a xenophobe.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2013, 05:02:41 am by Oceander »

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #28 on: December 24, 2013, 09:24:36 am »
A large number of jurisdictions have decided that assisting the capture of illegals, is more than they want to take on. So they make it a lower priority.

Legislators, administrative  managers, police and fire, teachers and medical services all come into contact with illegals.

At each and every level, decisions are being made continually about which laws and regulations to enforce, etc.
That is an excellent point.  One which I will steal as my own.

It doesn't matter what the law says if the people don't agree with it, and don't follow it.  Not only are the illegals ignoring our immigration laws, so are the legislators, government administrators, police, fire, teachers, and health care providers.  I would guess that most of these people are not ignoring the law for profit, or through ignorance, or with evil intent.  My guess is they think the system is broke and they don't see a lot of difference between the illegal who works at Subway and the American who works at Subway, when they apply for a license, or put their daughter in school, or need emergency care, or their car is on fire, or they pay their property tax.

Despite carefully worded polls, it seems a very large segment of the population has not been swayed by the conservative arguments that illegals steal jobs and collect welfare, they spread diseases and get free healthcare, they commit crime and swell our prisons.

http://www.nationaljournal.com/magazine/what-undocumented-workers-really-want-20130307

Sometimes employers like their undocumented workers so much that they willingly flout the law on their behalf. Lizbeth Mateo, a California activist who is open about her immigration status and who has lived in the United States without papers since she was a teenager, helped run a small deli in California for eight years. She was up-front about her illegal status when she applied for the job. It didn’t matter. Her bosses knew they could get audited by immigration authorities, but they said they would worry about that when it happened. It never did.

And that's just the employer.  The guy who has more to lose than anyone except the illegal if it is found out.  add in her co workers, landlord, bank, insurance companies, friends, et cetera.  Now multiply that by tens of millions of illegals.

If expelling illegals was a popular issue then Buchanan, and Tancredo wouldn't be the jokes they are today.  Both ran for President on one issue of illegal immigration and they are footnotes in history.

and if terrorism or crime were really the problem of concern with illegals than we would do ourselves much good by amnestying those who are and have been working, paying taxes, and joining their community.  You take plain ol' workers out of the border crossings and the criminals and terrorists become easier to spot.

Not like the brazen giant of Greek fame,
With conquering limbs astride from land to land;
Here at our sea-washed, sunset gates shall stand
A mighty woman with a torch, whose flame
Is the imprisoned lightning, and her name
Mother of Exiles. From her beacon-hand
Glows world-wide welcome; her mild eyes command
The air-bridged harbor that twin cities frame.

"Keep ancient lands, your storied pomp!" cries she
With silent lips. "Give me your tired, your poor,
Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,
The wretched refuse of your teeming shore.
Send these, the homeless, tempest-tost to me,
I lift my lamp beside the golden door!"

Where is the poetry for the Deporters?

Offline MBB1984

« Reply #29 on: December 24, 2013, 01:39:13 pm »
/snicker

aliens illegally crossing the border do not constitute an "invasion" - except perhaps in the deranged mind of a xenophobe.

Several thousand aliens crossing the border may not constitute an invasion, though Eisenhower thought differently.  However, any person who believes that twenty million+ illegal aliens crossing the border does not constitute an invasion is either a Marxist (in some form) or a moron.   

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #30 on: December 24, 2013, 07:11:17 pm »
  However, any person who believes that twenty million+ illegal aliens crossing the border does not constitute an invasion is either a Marxist (in some form) or a moron.

Or lives a comfortable distance from the Mexican border.
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline happyg

« Reply #31 on: December 24, 2013, 08:24:33 pm »
Or lives a comfortable distance from the Mexican border.

I live in Ohio, and they trickled up and over to here. It is an invasion, and not with good intentions for America.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #32 on: December 24, 2013, 08:48:12 pm »
I think some "conservatives" mistake legal resident & citizen Hispanics, for illegals. (Unless you ask somebody or know them, you can't really know)

I confess, as a native Californian, having grown up with Hispanics my whole life, I should easily make the distinction, but often lapse to the assumption anybody speaking Spanish is an illegal.

In both California and Texas, our two largest states by population, 2nd and 3rd largest in land area, approximately 37% of the residents self-identify as Hispanic. Most are citizens, not illegals.

I'm going to repeat that. Most are citizens, and some great Hispanic candidates are coming up from among Hispanic Americans.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #33 on: December 24, 2013, 09:49:10 pm »
I think some "conservatives" mistake legal resident & citizen Hispanics, for illegals. (Unless you ask somebody or know them, you can't really know)

I confess, as a native Californian, having grown up with Hispanics my whole life, I should easily make the distinction, but often lapse to the assumption anybody speaking Spanish is an illegal.

In both California and Texas, our two largest states by population, 2nd and 3rd largest in land area, approximately 37% of the residents self-identify as Hispanic. Most are citizens, not illegals.

I'm going to repeat that. Most are citizens, and some great Hispanic candidates are coming up from among Hispanic Americans.

Nevada leads at 7.5% of its population followed by California and Texas at 7%