Author Topic: Study: Earth was warmer in Roman, Medieval times  (Read 1336 times)

Offline SouthTexas

Study: Earth was warmer in Roman, Medieval times
« on: December 14, 2013, 01:52:44 pm »
Study: Earth was warmer in Roman, Medieval times

If you think the Earth is hot now, try wearing plate armor in the Middle Ages.

A Swedish study found that the planet was warmer in ancient Roman times and the Middle Ages than today, challenging the mainstream idea that man-made greenhouse gas emissions are the main drivers of global warming.

The study, by scientist Leif Kullman, analyzed 455 “radiocarbon-dated mega-fossils” in the Scandes mountains and found that tree lines for different species of trees were higher during the Roman and Medieval times than they are today. Not only that, but the temperatures were higher as well.

Continuing evidence against Michael Mann's infamous "hockey stick" graph that completely ignored the medieval warming period.   But don't look at that, 1800-2000 new cold records were set in the past two weeks and that stems directly from global warming!

Sort of makes you want to reach out and slap people. 

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2013/12/13/study-earth-was-warmer-in-roman-medieval-times/#ixzz2nSMB3DUB

Offline Chieftain

• AMF, YOYO
  • Your what hurts??
Re: Study: Earth was warmer in Roman, Medieval times
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2013, 02:06:34 pm »
This study should not be set aside lightly. 

It should be thrown with great force.......

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2013, 02:11:46 pm »
And from Tudor to Victorian times it was much colder. Haven't had an ice fair on the Thames since before Dickens died.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline SouthTexas

« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2013, 02:22:07 pm »

The stupid thing is that this was always the case.  The hockey stick actually "left out" existing data that and the AGW crew, the media, and the Algores of the world capitalized on it and made millions.

Offline SouthTexas

« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2013, 02:26:16 pm »
And from Tudor to Victorian times it was much colder. Haven't had an ice fair on the Thames since before Dickens died.

I remember an interview with Joe Bastardi, of Weather Channel fame, during a hurricane.  He was asked about global warming's contribution to hurricanes.  His answer, as I recall,  "It's hard for me to get wound up over that when glaciers used to cover half of this country."

Offline Chieftain

• AMF, YOYO
  • Your what hurts??
« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2013, 02:34:50 pm »
The last time the Columbia River froze solid was in the winter of 1908-09, and it was hard enough to drive a horse and wagon across the ice between Portland, Oregon and Fort Vancouver in Washington.  And that was three decades before Bonneville Dam was built so the river was completely untamed.

In 1967 the Dallas Cowboys played the Green Bay Packers at Lambo Field on New Year's Eve.  The temperature at game time was -15 (fifteen degrees BELOW zero) with a wind chill of -48 (forty eight degrees below zero) resulting in that game being immortalized as the "Ice Bowl"(the Packers won, 21-17).  There hasn't been a football game played in that kind of cold since.

Things like this make me very grateful for a little global warming. 

Offline SouthTexas

« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2013, 02:37:52 pm »

Things like this make me very grateful for a little global warming.

I totally agree with that!  I get cold under 70 and have been miserable for the past couple of weeks. 

Snow in the ME:  http://twitchy.com/2013/12/13/snow-in-the-middle-east-amazing-photos-tell-the-story/

Oceander

« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2013, 03:29:20 am »

Thrown where?

Offline kevindavis007

« Reply #8 on: December 15, 2013, 02:40:38 pm »
I don't recall the Romans having SUV's or people in Europe having SUV's when the roman empire fell.
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/