Author Topic: FreedomWorks’ Matt Kibbe Fires Back at John Boehner: ‘Civil War’  (Read 4694 times)

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Re: FreedomWorks’ Matt Kibbe Fires Back at John Boehner: ‘Civil War’
« Reply #25 on: December 14, 2013, 09:11:12 pm »
That is true.

I just don't know that what we owe China qualifies as bank ownership yet.

If you could see the Asian real estate buyers in the Washington, DC region....no matter the price...you'd wonder just where the money originates.

We wonder if the Chinese government is providing the cash.  It's incredible the number of cash Asian buyers out there. 
« Last Edit: December 14, 2013, 09:11:36 pm by DCPatriot »
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Cincinnatus

« Reply #26 on: December 14, 2013, 09:48:17 pm »
This sort of thing captures what is wrong with attitude here: The GOP will win the Senate and retain the House unless the Tea Party brats decide to stay home out of spite.

So I and others like me are "brats" because we might choose not to vote for a candidate who doesn't represent our opinions and wishes? Interesting, that. I always thought the very purpose of voting was to put someone in office who would reflect my beliefs instead of someone who was a pale copy of the other guy.

And this from the guy who constantly rags on Rapunzel for "making it personal":

And it wouldn't surprise me in the least if your crowd did exactly that.
We shall never be abandoned by Heaven while we act worthy of its aid ~~ Samuel Adams

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #27 on: December 14, 2013, 10:06:05 pm »
IMHO, Obama won because he played the role of Santa Claus promising free presents to everyone while Romney sold personal responsibility. We have a lot of work to do in the US to get our self-sufficient spirit back..

Romney lost because of Orca and a bad ground game (among other things).

http://ace.mu.nu/archives/334783.php
« Last Edit: December 14, 2013, 10:07:15 pm by Luis Gonzalez »
"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx

Offline Carling

« Reply #28 on: December 14, 2013, 11:04:57 pm »
Never EVER attack your customers.

Calling 47% of the country "Takers" killed Romney's chances, no matter what else he did or said.

Obama attacked his customers as well.  It's basically who he is as a politician.
Trump has created a cult and looks more and more like Hitler every day.
-----------------------------------------------

Oceander

« Reply #29 on: December 15, 2013, 04:02:31 am »
Lest anyone forget, civil wars are particularly vicious and both sides end up losing.

Offline olde north church

« Reply #30 on: December 15, 2013, 11:50:49 am »
Obama won that election thanks to Hurricane Sandy, Chris Christie and a whole lot of fraud as well as the color of his skin.

If Hurricane Sandy, one week before the election, was able to cause voters to jettison Romney for Obama, the support wasn't that deep to begin with.  Did Virginians vote for Obama because of Christie's actions?  Doubtful.  Did Romney lose Ohio because of Sandy?  Doubtful.  Did Floridians jump S.S. Romney because of fraud?  Doubtful.
What's not doubtful is the shrinking, reliable Republican voter base.  Stop fighting the last election.  Oh, yeah, boyemperor also had history on his side.  Very few American Presidents are not elected to a second term.  Did Bob Barr cost North Carolina in 2008?  I don't even believe J "FR" The King Maker Rob-ns-n could have changed the course of the election.
Why?  Well, because I'm a bastard, that's why.

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #31 on: December 15, 2013, 01:35:05 pm »
If Hurricane Sandy, one week before the election, was able to cause voters to jettison Romney for Obama, the support wasn't that deep to begin with.  Did Virginians vote for Obama because of Christie's actions?  Doubtful.  Did Romney lose Ohio because of Sandy?  Doubtful.  Did Floridians jump S.S. Romney because of fraud?  Doubtful.
What's not doubtful is the shrinking, reliable Republican voter base.  Stop fighting the last election.  Oh, yeah, boyemperor also had history on his side.  Very few American Presidents are not elected to a second term.  Did Bob Barr cost North Carolina in 2008?  I don't even believe J "FR" The King Maker Rob-ns-n could have changed the course of the election.

Romney targeted (and won) the groups that his team wanted to target and win, unfortunately mathematically, they weren't enough to win the election. He won the Independents, but that's no longer enough to win an election.

The GOP needs to vastly improve their numbers with blacks, Latinos, and people with incomes below $50K/yr, as well as work to improve their get-out-the-vote small game or it will not win many elections in the future.

How to do that is the key to everything.
"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #32 on: December 15, 2013, 01:39:00 pm »
The GOP needs to vastly improve their numbers with blacks, Latinos, and people with incomes below $50K/yr, as well as work to improve their get-out-the-vote small game or it will not win many elections in the future.

How to do that is the key to everything.

It seems you do that by giving things away, something most Repubs oppose.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

« Reply #33 on: December 15, 2013, 01:56:25 pm »

Personally, I don't want to give away anything.  I want to figure out how to get our people who have walked away back into the booth.
You don't even have to give away anything, people will always vote their interests.  Their people, our people.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2013, 01:57:19 pm by olde north church »

rangerrebew

« Reply #34 on: December 15, 2013, 01:58:41 pm »

Are you sure about that?

In major flip, House Dems now represent richest regions 

Updated 10/14/2009 12:47 AM

By Dennis Cauchon, USA TODAY

Democratic members of the House of Representatives now represent most of the nation's wealthiest people, a sharp turnaround from the long-standing dominance that Republicans have held over affluent districts.

A USA TODAY analysis of new Census data found that Democrats represent a far different constituency today than they did in 2005, when they were the minority in the House, or in 1990, when they were the majority.

The Democratic-controlled House is now an unusual combination of the richest and poorest districts, the best and least educated, and the best and the worst insured. The analysis found that Democrats have attracted educated, affluent whites who had tended previously to vote Republican.

Democrats now represent 57% of the 4.8 million households that had incomes of $200,000 or more in 2008. In 2005, Republicans represented 55% of those affluent households.

http://usatoday30.usatoday.com/news/washington/2009-10-13-House-wealth-gap-Democrats-richest-districts_N.htm

Another myth down the tubes. :doa:
« Last Edit: December 15, 2013, 02:01:25 pm by rangerrebew »

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #35 on: December 15, 2013, 02:07:37 pm »
Romney lost because of Orca and a bad ground game (among other things).

http://ace.mu.nu/archives/334783.php

Romney lost because 3 million people who voted in the previous election decided to stay home in that election. You can assign whatever reason to that you may choose but I think it was simply because Romney is a [[[[[GULP]]]]]] Mormon.

And he lost because, for reasons I will NEVER understand, he stopped attacking Obama after the first debate when he CLEARLY had him on the ropes!
« Last Edit: December 15, 2013, 02:08:37 pm by Bigun »
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #36 on: December 15, 2013, 02:13:17 pm »
And he lost because, for reasons I will NEVER understand, he stopped attacking Obama after the first debate when he CLEARLY had him on the ropes!

I will never understand that...that and the fact he could have attacked him on Bengazi when all the info was emerging..but he let that go too!
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #37 on: December 15, 2013, 02:18:33 pm »
I will never understand that...that and the fact he could have attacked him on Bengazi when all the info was emerging..but he let that go too!

There is something at the bottom of Benghazi that is so horribly bad that I think they are ALL conspiring to cover it up!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

rangerrebew

« Reply #38 on: December 15, 2013, 02:20:05 pm »

Maybe he didn't really want to be POTUS and was acting as a front for the RNC because they had nothing else to offer. :shrug:   Kind of like a major league player "throwing the game." :shrug:

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #39 on: December 15, 2013, 03:22:01 pm »

Hard for me to believe that, in light of things like No Child Left Behind and the prescription drug entitlement.

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #40 on: December 15, 2013, 03:29:38 pm »
Personally, I don't want to give away anything.  I want to figure out how to get our people who have walked away back into the booth.
You don't even have to give away anything, people will always vote their interests.  Their people, our people.

That's why (in my opinion) we need to clear the smoke and knock down every tree that Democrats try to raise in the path of a clear view to the piece of s#it legislation that is the ACA between now and election day.

That is why I am not all that concerned with Ryan's budget deal. A budget fight would have turned attention away from the Obamacare debacle.

The GOP needs to stay on point here.

« Reply #41 on: December 15, 2013, 03:47:28 pm »
That's why (in my opinion) we need to clear the smoke and knock down every tree that Democrats try to raise in the path of a clear view to the piece of s#it legislation that is the ACA between now and election day.
That is why I am not all that concerned with Ryan's budget deal. A budget fight would have turned attention away from the Obamacare debacle.

A definite necessity.  One backslide, one tangent, one idiotic response to a coordinated questioned can ruin the whole thing.
Actually, one thing that really bothers me.  If McConnell or any other incumbent pulls a "Murkowski" if they are beaten in the primaries.
If they lose, a picture of them with a kid, a lollipop and a compromising position goes out the next day.  Make them toxic.

Offline andy58-in-nh

« Reply #42 on: December 15, 2013, 04:02:40 pm »

As a purely strategic matter, I agree that it is preferable for the Republicans to avoid a budget showdown so that they may face the ObamaCare debacle head-on.

That said, I have three suggestions:

1. Republicans should make it clear that they are acquiescing on budgetary matters only because they lack enough votes to stop the Democrats and more to the point, because ObamaCare is an unfolding disaster of great magnitude, and must be addressed immediately.

2. GOP leaders should stop bickering with conservative organizations and instead offer to convene a national summit on how they can work together to achieve their objectives.  Both sides need to compromise. The results of such a meeting ought to constitute a basis for nationalizing the 2014 congressional elections and developing a strategy and a cohesive message to attract more voters to the GOP.

3. Thinking ahead to 2016, the GOP should begin to consider a package of bold government reforms aimed squarely at supporting the interests of the middle class, which the party now represents. These ought to include global tax reform, the elimination of ineffective and counterproductive government programs and departments, and the beginning of a national effort to restore values, virtues, and volunteerism to American life, specifically by helping people rebuild their connections to one another through family, neighborhoods, communities, membership groups, and religious organizations.
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Oceander

« Reply #43 on: December 15, 2013, 04:07:16 pm »
As a purely strategic matter, I agree that it is preferable for the Republicans to avoid a budget showdown so that they may face the ObamaCare debacle head-on.

That said, I have three suggestions:

1. Republicans should make it clear that they are acquiescing on budgetary matters only because they lack enough votes to stop the Democrats and more to the point, because ObamaCare is an unfolding disaster of great magnitude, and must be addressed immediately.

2. GOP leaders should stop bickering with conservative organizations and instead offer to convene a national summit on how they can work together to achieve their objectives.  Both sides need to compromise. The results of such a meeting ought to constitute a basis for nationalizing the 2014 congressional elections and developing a strategy and a cohesive message to attract more voters to the GOP.

3. Thinking ahead to 2016, the GOP should begin to consider a package of bold government reforms aimed squarely at supporting the interests of the middle class, which the party now represents. These ought to include global tax reform, the elimination of ineffective and counterproductive government programs and departments, and the beginning of a national effort to restore values, virtues, and volunteerism to American life, specifically by helping people rebuild their connections to one another through family, neighborhoods, communities, membership groups, and religious organizations.

That sounds sensible.

Offline andy58-in-nh

« Reply #44 on: December 15, 2013, 04:13:41 pm »
That sounds sensible.
Thanks. I'm not quite as angry when I haven't been drinking.  :beer:
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Oceander

« Reply #45 on: December 15, 2013, 04:26:23 pm »
Thanks. I'm not quite as angry when I haven't been drinking.  :beer:

Considering something while drunk, and then while sober, might be a way of giving yourself some extra perspective you might not otherwise have had the benefit of.

Offline evadR

« Reply #46 on: December 15, 2013, 04:30:14 pm »
Hard for me to believe that, in light of things like No Child Left Behind and the prescription drug entitlement.
Amen to that. Pubbies sometimes talk a good show but in the end, it's always the same cave.

Did Charlie Brown EVER figure out Lucy and the football??
November 6, 2012, a day in infamy...the death of a republic as we know it.

Oceander

« Reply #47 on: December 15, 2013, 04:31:30 pm »
Amen to that. Pubbies sometimes talk a good show but in the end, it's always the same cave.

Did Charlie Brown EVER figure out Lucy and the football??

Nope

Offline andy58-in-nh

« Reply #48 on: December 15, 2013, 04:54:26 pm »
Considering something while drunk, and then while sober, might be a way of giving yourself some extra perspective you might not otherwise have had the benefit of.

Well, I wouldn't advise it for everyone. But it's always worked for me.

Oceander

« Reply #49 on: December 15, 2013, 04:58:11 pm »
Well, I wouldn't advise it for everyone. But it's always worked for me.

:thumbsup: