Author Topic: Rubio Fires Back at Paul Ryan: I Know 'Full Well' Details of Budget Bill  (Read 1017 times)

Offline Rapunzel

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2013/12/13/Marco-Rubio-Fires-Back-At-Paul-Ryan-I-Knew-Full-Well-Details-Of-Budget-Bill

Rubio Fires Back at Paul Ryan: I Know 'Full Well' Details of Budget Bill

by Frances Martel 13 Dec 2013, 9:28 AM PDT

Senator Marco Rubio responded to Rep. Paul Ryan's criticism of his stance on the widely-panned budget deal establishment Republicans agreed to last week, noting that not only had he read the deal, but he knew "full well" the details he thought disastrous for a country with a debt crisis.

Sen. Rubio appeared on CBS This Morning on Friday and expanded on his objections to the budget deal negotiated between Ryan and Senator Patty Murray that was praised by establishment Republicans. Rubio noted that, while he had "respect for Chairman Ryan... I was simply asked by opinion" on the budget and found it "unsustainable." He also addressed host Charlie Rose's concern that not negotiating now would lead to another government shutdown, or perhaps a series of them.

"I don't think we want to see another government shutdown," he assured the host, but noted that the nation needed to avoid a major debt crisis, "which is the ultimate government shutdown." He also gave Republicans credit for negotiating with Democrats at all, who "seem to have no urgency" in solving the debt problem.

Rubio also shocked Rose and co-anchor Norah O'Donnell by simply noting that "compromise just for the sake of compromise just so we can feel good about each other is not good for the country." The anchors asked him if the disagreements in the Republican Party were unhealthy for the greater GOP; Rubio noted that he was even "surprised that you are surprised," as he believes compromise should only result in moves forward for the country.

As for Rep. Ryan's quip that Sen. Rubio should "read the deal and get back to me," Sen. Rubio noted both that he had read it and highlighted what he specifically objected to in the bill. "I knew full well all the details of the important parts that were in it," he replied, because "they were leaked in advance." He noted two issues he had with the bill: the breaking of previously installed budget gaps that allow spending to skyrocket over time, and the cutting back on administrative rules that "will make it easier for Democrats to come back to Congress and raise taxes."

Ultimately, Sen. Rubio noted, the budget debate is a net positive for the country. "There's a vibrant debate in our country about how we will keep our spending under control," he stated, arguing that is a good thing.

Sen. Rubio spent much of the week detailing his objections to the budget bill over the cheers of House Speaker Boehner and the aforementioned Rep. Paul. In a column exclusive to Breitbart News, Sen. Rubio explained how the numbers simply don't add up: "We have a government that’s $17 trillion in debt, which had to borrow an additional $680 billion this year to fund its annual deficit, yet this budget deal actually increases spending by $63 billion over the next two years." He also implored Congress to "get serious" about spending on Fox News and told host Mark Levin that he "doesn't know of a single Republican in the Senate" that would vote for such a budget.
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline Rapunzel

Re: Rubio Fires Back at Paul Ryan: I Know 'Full Well' Details of Budget Bill
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2013, 10:40:53 pm »
He noted two issues he had with the bill: the breaking of previously installed budget gaps that allow spending to skyrocket over time, and the cutting back on administrative rules that "will make it easier for Democrats to come back to Congress and raise taxes."

Yep.. they wrote an ammendment in where congress can raise taxes and Reid can pass with with 51% instead of 60.
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2013, 10:49:31 pm »
He noted two issues he had with the bill: the breaking of previously installed budget gaps that allow spending to skyrocket over time, and the cutting back on administrative rules that "will make it easier for Democrats to come back to Congress and raise taxes."

Yep.. they wrote an ammendment in where congress can raise taxes and Reid can pass with with 51% instead of 60.

The House has to approve tax increases first.   With a Republican House, that won't be happenin'.   
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2013, 10:51:01 pm »
And is this the same Marco Rubio who, just this past summer, was jumping offside in an effort to legalize 11 million undocumented? 

That Marco Rubio?

Offline happyg

« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2013, 11:04:19 pm »
And is this the same Marco Rubio who, just this past summer, was jumping offside in an effort to legalize 11 million undocumented? 

That Marco Rubio?

Rubio was wrong on immigration, and is right on the budget. Most can distinguish when they agree or disagree with someone. Nothing wrong with that.

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2013, 11:06:42 pm »

That Marco Rubio?

Like when you were for the sequester before you were against the sequester? 

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2013, 11:10:14 pm »

Like when you were for the sequester before you were against the sequester?

I'm not against the sequester.  92% of the sequester is still in place.  You can blame the defense hawks in the GOP for leaning on Ryan to ease off the defense cuts.

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2013, 11:13:30 pm »
I'm not against the sequester.  92% of the sequester is still in place.  You can blame the defense hawks in the GOP for leaning on Ryan to ease off the defense cuts.

Bullshit......   they raised taxes for a promise of tax cuts in the future........ they broke the sequester to benefit arms manufacturers and screwed military benefits in the process.  This is no different than Reagan agreeing to amnesty in the 80's with the promise they would close the border in the future... well here we are 30 years later and they now want (and are pushing through) another amnesty....... all either party does is lie and kick the can down the road and they get away with it because of people like you.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #8 on: December 13, 2013, 11:20:29 pm »
Bullshit......   they raised taxes for a promise of tax cuts in the future........ they broke the sequester to benefit arms manufacturers and screwed military benefits in the process.  This is no different than Reagan agreeing to amnesty in the 80's with the promise they would close the border in the future... well here we are 30 years later and they now want (and are pushing through) another amnesty....... all either party does is lie and kick the can down the road and they get away with it because of people like you.

You're one of the hair-on-fire Tea Partiers who's itching for another shutdown.

You're not going to get it.  When the GOP gets the House, Senate and White House, THEN we can go for the whole enchilada.  Politics is about what is POSSIBLE.

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #9 on: December 13, 2013, 11:22:57 pm »
You're one of the hair-on-fire Tea Partiers who's itching for another shutdown.

You're not going to get it.  When the GOP gets the House, Senate and White House, THEN we can go for the whole enchilada.  Politics is about what is POSSIBLE.

What part of 17 TRILLION in debt and this so-called budget adding at least 4 - 5 TRILLION more to the deficit escapes you?   How does it feel to be a kool aid drinker... nothing your precious GOPe does is wrong in your eyes no matter if the country goes to hell in the process.