Author Topic: Boehner Unloads At Conservative Groups That Oppose The Budget Deal: 'This Is Ridiculous!'  (Read 867 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
http://www.businessinsider.com/budget-deal-boehner-conservative-groups-heritage-club-for-growth-2013-12

Boehner Unloads At Conservative Groups That Oppose The Budget Deal: 'This Is Ridiculous!'
Brett LoGiurato

17 minutes ago

House Speaker John Boehner (R-Ohio) snapped at conservative groups that have come out in opposition to the budget deal reached Wednesday between Rep. Paul Ryan (R-Wis.) and Sen. Patty Murray (D-Wash.).

"They're using the American people for their own purposes. This is ridiculous," Boehner said at a press conference with other members of House Republican leadership on Wednesday.

Over the past few days, a number of conservative groups have blasted the deal because it sets discretionary spending levels in the budget higher than previous levels under sequestration.

In the past three days, the influential Heritage Action, Club for Growth, Americans for Prosperity, and FreedomWorks have all signaled they would oppose the deal. They have all argued that while imperfect, the sequester has provided the only effective check on the Obama administration's spending.

The legislation provides $63 billion in sequester relief over two years, which is split evenly between defense and non-defense programs. This is offset by targeted spending cuts and non-tax revenues that total $85 billion. It reduces the deficit by a total of $20 billion to $23 billion.

When Boehner was asked in the press conference about the conservative groups, he cut off the reporter asking the question.

"You mean the groups that came out opposed to it before they ever saw it?" he said. "... If you're for more deficit reduction, you're for this agreement."
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline sinkspur

Heritage, Club for Growth, and FreedomWorks are in the business of RAISING MONEY!!!

There's no money in agreeing to anything. 
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline MBB1984

Heritage, Club for Growth, and FreedomWorks are in the business of RAISING MONEY!!!

There's no money in agreeing to anything.

There is also nothing gained by agreeing just to have an agreement.   This agreement is a joke and the deficit reduction is miniscule.  It includes higher fees and taxes to achieve "reduction." 

Bottom line, American would be better served by the Sequester cuts.  Boehner caved. 

Offline GourmetDan

Bottom line, American would be better served by the Sequester cuts.  Boehner caved.

Should be bad news for the dollar...

"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." - Ecclesiastes 10:2

"The sole purpose of the Republican Party is to serve as an ineffective alternative to the Democrat Party." - GourmetDan

Offline sinkspur

There is also nothing gained by agreeing just to have an agreement.   This agreement is a joke and the deficit reduction is miniscule.  It includes higher fees and taxes to achieve "reduction." 

There are no higher taxes.  Raising the TSA fee at the airport is not a tax.

Federal pensions get cut.  You ought to be happy about that.

Offline MBB1984

There are no higher taxes.  Raising the TSA fee at the airport is not a tax.

Federal pensions get cut.  You ought to be happy about that.

A fee and a tax are essentially the same, it is merely semantics.  While I am happy that there is some cut in federal pensions, I am disgusted that they have applied another band aid while our nation is dying in a financial crisis.

Our country needs a complete deficit reduction plan including entitlements (Medicare, Social Security, etc.), defense and all discretionary spending.   The band aid only kicks the problem down the road, ultimately making a solution to the problem unatainable.   

Offline sinkspur

A fee and a tax are essentially the same, it is merely semantics.  While I am happy that there is some cut in federal pensions, I am disgusted that they have applied another band aid while our nation is dying in a financial crisis.

Our country needs a complete deficit reduction plan including entitlements (Medicare, Social Security, etc.), defense and all discretionary spending.   The band aid only kicks the problem down the road, ultimately making a solution to the problem unatainable.

Yes our country needs all that.  We won't get it, however, governing from one House of Congress.

Offline olde north church

I would rather see fees than taxes.  If I don't fly, I'm not paying the TSA fee, in theory.  I pay for a fishing license @ $22.00/yr, that's as much fishing as I can fit in, although not enough as I'd like anymore.
In theory, my boat fee, is going to pay for the ramps, pay for part of the game warden, pay for whatever else, supposedly.  I would pay $100.00/year if the funds were dedicated.  I'm also not one of those morons who thinks he should access lakes, parks, roads for free.
A tax is going to the "General Fund" with not a care to if I see a benefit or not.  I don't have kids, why should I pay a school tax.  Because it's an investment in the future?   :silly:
Why?  Well, because I'm a bastard, that's why.

Offline katzenjammer

Basic math tells me that "ultimately" has come and gone already!!!