Author Topic: Harry Reid may go 'nuclear' Thursday  (Read 2601 times)

Offline Rapunzel

Re: Harry Reid may go 'nuclear' Thursday
« Reply #50 on: November 21, 2013, 03:14:39 PM »
http://cnsnews.com/news/article/democrats-vote-curb-filibusters-appointees

snip........

The move was backed by all but three Democrats and opposed by all the Senate's Republicans. Democratic dissidents were Sens. Carl Levin of Michigan, Joe Manchin of West Virginia and Mark Pryor of Arkansas.

Pryor issued a statement saying the Senate "was designed to protect_not stamp out_the voices of the minority."

The change is the most far-reaching since 1975, when a two-thirds requirement for cutting off filibusters against legislation and all nominations was lowered to 60 votes.
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline xfreeper

« Reply #51 on: November 21, 2013, 03:18:42 PM »
Democratic dissidents were Sens. Carl Levin of Michigan, Joe Manchin of West Virginia and Mark Pryor of Arkansas.

all that means is their votes weren't needed and it's their turn to be able to talk out of both sides of their mouths

Offline happyg

« Reply #52 on: November 21, 2013, 03:39:25 PM »
There's still a glimmer of hope that it might backfire. Now, republicans only need a simple majority to pass ACA. 39 have already defected.

Offline andy58-in-nh

« Reply #53 on: November 21, 2013, 03:45:28 PM »
When we fail to lock up criminals, society becomes a prison. When we don’t institutionalize the insane, then society becomes the insane asylum. When we don’t stop foreign gangs and terrorists from entering our country, then we wake up to realize that we are living in El Salvador, Mexico, Pakistan or Iraq.
-Daniel Greenfield

Offline xfreeper

« Reply #54 on: November 21, 2013, 04:01:29 PM »
There's still a glimmer of hope that it might backfire. Now, republicans only need a simple majority to pass ACA. 39 have already defected.

I think harry's action was specific to the judges

Offline flowers

« Reply #55 on: November 21, 2013, 04:07:23 PM »
Havent read all the post on this thread.......for any who think the GOP will get payback when they retake the senate........................when will that be? how many years from now? they will get all undocumented democrats for at least a generation as voters.  :chairbang:

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
« Reply #56 on: November 21, 2013, 04:09:25 PM »
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #57 on: November 21, 2013, 04:10:18 PM »
Democratic dissidents were Sens. Carl Levin of Michigan, Joe Manchin of West Virginia and Mark Pryor of Arkansas.

all that means is their votes weren't needed and it's their turn to be able to talk out of both sides of their mouths
That's exactly what it means. DO NOT believe any of the nonsense about Joe "Mojo" Manchin ever standing up to BHO. It's all an act.
"Because men have lost the objective basis of certainty of knowledge of the thing in which they are working, more and more I fear we are going to find them manipulating science according to their own sociological or political desires rather than standing upon concrete objectivity." Francis A. Schaeffer

Offline flowers

« Reply #58 on: November 21, 2013, 04:11:49 PM »
Havent read all the post on this thread.......for any who think the GOP will get payback when they retake the senate........................when will that be? how many years from now? they will get all undocumented democrats for at least a generation as voters.  :chairbang:
Oh another thing for any of you who think we will re-take congress in the midterms..................no way. They stole the last re-election for him many ways, they have taken notes and will do so again for the 2014 midterms. I pray I am wrong......I seriously doubt it.  8888crybaby **nononono*

Offline xfreeper

« Reply #59 on: November 21, 2013, 04:18:57 PM »
Doesn't matter. If you like your filibuster, you can keep it, period

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #60 on: November 21, 2013, 04:25:44 PM »
Havent read all the post on this thread ... for any who think the GOP will get payback when they retake the senate........................when will that be? how many years from now? they will get all undocumented democrats for at least a generation as voters.  :chairbang:
I fear you're right. The GOP, even if it could overcome the election fraud and hold both the House and Senate, has an annoying habit of not acting like the party in power. It's 1932, and we are Germany.
"Because men have lost the objective basis of certainty of knowledge of the thing in which they are working, more and more I fear we are going to find them manipulating science according to their own sociological or political desires rather than standing upon concrete objectivity." Francis A. Schaeffer

Offline flowers

« Reply #61 on: November 21, 2013, 04:29:37 PM »
I fear you're right. The GOP, even if it could overcome the election fraud and hold both the House and Senate, has an annoying habit of not acting like the party in power. It's 1932, and we are Germany.
As a young flower pod I used to wonder how those in Germany got away with it? Now I know.

Offline katzenjammer

« Reply #62 on: November 21, 2013, 04:32:16 PM »
Oh another thing for any of you who think we will re-take congress in the midterms..................no way. They stole the last re-election for him many ways, they have taken notes and will do so again for the 2014 midterms. I pray I am wrong......I seriously doubt it.  8888crybaby **nononono*

Yes, it is a hard thing to stomach, and many will fight you tooth and nail on the voter fraud issue simply because it is so hard to stomach (because of the completely dark and sweeping implications of it).  But I believe that you are correct, and I also share your hope/prayer that we are both WRONG!!!

Offline collins

« Reply #63 on: November 21, 2013, 04:41:39 PM »
Yes, there's no way Hairy Reed's move can be called anything but a statist power grab. I also think the GOP will keep the House but won't win the Senate next year, but in case I'm wrong about the Senate, the GOP really needs to wise up about what they're up against. The ends always justify the means to the left.

Offline Cincinnatus

« Reply #64 on: November 21, 2013, 04:44:18 PM »
We shall never be abandoned by Heaven while we act worthy of its aid ~~ Samuel Adams

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #65 on: November 21, 2013, 05:08:23 PM »
Is there ANYONE here who actually believes O taught Constitutional law - I mean the Constitution as written, not his socialst revisionism???
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline xfreeper

« Reply #66 on: November 21, 2013, 05:14:17 PM »
I don't know about teaching but he is certainly a constitutional scholar. Just ask Joe Biden

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #67 on: November 21, 2013, 07:05:34 PM »
Is there ANYONE here who actually believes O taught Constitutional law - I mean the Constitution as written, not his socialst revisionism???
He taught that the Constitution was a flawed document which wasn't relevant and should be discarded, and that the law is whatever the Marxists in power say it is.

That's almost like teaching Consitutional law.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf