Author Topic: Obama: Republicans Making It Difficult To Fix Obamacare Glitches  (Read 1490 times)

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
Obama: Republicans Making It Difficult To Fix Obamacare Glitches
« on: November 20, 2013, 06:46:53 pm »

PRESIDENT OBAMA: The last point I'll make is that in terms of expectation setting, there's no doubt that in an environment in which we had to fight tooth and nail to get this passed, it ended up being passed on a partisan basis -- not for lack of trying, because I met with an awful lot of Republicans to try to get them to go along -- but because there was just ideological resistance to the idea of dealing with the uninsured and people with preexisting conditions. There was a price to that, and it was that what was already going to be hard was operating within a very difficult political environment. And we should have anticipated that that would create a rockier rollout than if Democrats and Republicans were both invested in success.

One of the problems we've had is one side of Capitol Hill is invested in failure, and that makes, I think, the kind of iterative process of fixing glitches as they come up and fine-tuning the law more challenging. But I'm optimistic that we can get it fixed.

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2013/11/20/obama_republicans_making_it_difficult_to_fix_obamacare_glitches.html

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
Re: Obama: Republicans Making It Difficult To Fix Obamacare Glitches
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2013, 06:53:20 pm »
I would think that if you knew your political enemies were out to destroy your signature legislative "achievement" you'd take extra care to make sure you didn't screw anything up.

Liberal_Spy

« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2013, 06:56:38 pm »
I would think that if you knew your political enemies were out to destroy your signature legislative "achievement" you'd take extra care to make sure you didn't screw anything up.

I agree with this. I don't know how they didn't take these things into consideration beforehand. The amount of money that went into building that website should have been more than enough to make it secure.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2013, 07:00:42 pm by Liberal_Spy »

Offline collins

« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2013, 08:08:23 pm »
Those dastardly Republicans are at it again!!!

This is the "grown-up" version of "my dog ate my homework", and it's STILL beyond childish.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2013, 08:12:29 pm »
I agree with this. I don't know how they didn't take these things into consideration beforehand. The amount of money that went into building that website should have been more than enough to make it secure.

LOL! $630 million plus for a stinking WEBSITE??? Come on! Surely you realize this is much more about funneling money into democrat pockets than it ever was about actually building a working website!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2013, 08:13:10 pm »
What a pathetic POS.

"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online mountaineer

« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2013, 08:36:50 pm »
The minority party has him stymied?
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline olde north church

« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2013, 09:17:49 pm »
I wonder how they get anything done at the White House with the peal of brass echoing up and down the hallways?
Why?  Well, because I'm a bastard, that's why.

Offline Millee

« Reply #8 on: November 20, 2013, 09:24:10 pm »
Besides his toadies at MSNBC does anyone buy his crock of crap anymore????   :shrug:

Liberal_Spy

« Reply #9 on: November 20, 2013, 09:25:52 pm »
Besides his toadies at MSNBC does anyone buy his crock of crap anymore????   :shrug:

Almost 40% of the country does.

rangerrebew

« Reply #10 on: November 20, 2013, 10:11:47 pm »
I'll just bet if someone went to an engineer and said they wanted a bridge from NY to London the first thing they would say would be it can't be done.  But if someone, say Obama, Reid, Pelosi, and the democratic party said build it anyway, there would be some horrendous "glitches" in the structure and it would be under constant repair, never quite finished.  Most thinking people would feel the government had bitten off a bigger chunk than it could chew and would see the bridge as a disaster waiting to happen for anyone stupid enough to use it.  So ends the Obamacare analogy.