Author Topic: Black leader to Oprah: Put up or shut up  (Read 1164 times)

rangerrebew

Black leader to Oprah: Put up or shut up
« on: November 20, 2013, 05:29:24 pm »

Black leader to Oprah: Put up or shut up!

Challenges TV star's condemnation of America as racist nation

Black leader Rev. Jesse Lee Peterson is challenging Oprah Winfrey to put up or shut up.

Peterson, a columnist for WND and the president of the Brotherhood Organization of A New Destiny, or BOND, cites Winfrey’s recent “outrageous claim that blacks in America are still terrorized by whites because of their race.”

“Oprah Winfrey is sending a destructive and racist message to black youth,” said Peterson in a statement Tuesday.

“I’m calling on Oprah to back up her claims and give proof of blacks being terrorized by whites. She can’t – because it’s not happening.”

Winfrey made the remarks in an interview with the BBC last Friday on the subject of her movie “The Butler.”

The only way for racism to disappear, she said, would be for “older people who were born, bred and marinated in prejudice and racism to die.”

Winfrey also alleged President Obama is the target of unprecedented criticism because “he’s African-American.”

Peterson said she should back up her claims or apologize.

Get Peterson’s book, “Scam: How the Black Leadership Exploits Black America.”

“To the contrary, it’s black thugs who viciously attack and commit crimes against whites,” Peterson said. “Black criminals are also killing other blacks in cities like Chicago (Oprah’s hometown). Last year, the city had 500 black-on-black murders. When will Oprah talk about black racism and terror?

Peterson said successful blacks such as Winfrey, Obama and others “who race-bait are doing a disservice to the black community.”

“This type of racial demagoguery divides the races and encourages hatred and violence toward whites. It also shuts down honest and meaningful dialogue between the races,” Peterson said.

He noted Winfrey is a billionaire who “built a media empire with white people’s support.”

“The older generation of whites that she says need to die out in order for racism to vanish also watch her movies and purchase her products,” Peterson said. “Her success and the election of Barack Obama exemplify just how little white-on-black racism exists.”

He charged that for her “to sully an entire segment of innocent white Americans to a foreign press outlet is racist and an insult to her own country.”

Peterson said Winfrey’s recent comments are “far more shameful” than celebrity chef Paul Deen’s alleged use of a racial slur some 30 years ago.

“I believe that Oprah has always been a closet racist – she’s just free to express her racism because she’s no longer constrained by her show airing on a major network,” he said. “She should immediately apologize to the American public for her remarks.”

For the last 23 years, BOND has helped men and families with unique programs and services. Peterson also hosts a national radio program.

Columnist, author and radio host Dennis Prager said Peterson “has touched more souls more deeply than almost any famous person in America today.”

“Jesse Peterson exemplifies two qualities rare in any age, and certainly rare in our own: a passion for truth and extraordinary courage,” Prager said.

In his book “Scam: How the Black Leadership Exploits Black America,” Peterson contends that the civil rights establishment has made a career out of the downturn of America’s inner city, promising solutions but offering only a Band-Aid.

He chronicles the failure of the welfare system, denounces the notion of reparations, cites problems within black churches and even condemns current black “leaders” in arguing that the crisis facing families is spiritual.

Hear Peterson talk about Winfrey on his radio show:

Read more at http://www.wnd.com/2013/11/black-leader-to-oprah-put-up-or-shut-up/#VOGflLURsxg4eljy.99

Offline Millee

Re: Black leader to Oprah: Put up or shut up
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2013, 05:53:39 pm »
We need to hear more from people like him and less (none) from the Jackson/Sharpton ilk. 

rangerrebew

« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2013, 06:23:08 pm »
less (none) from the Jackson/Sharpton ilk.

That rules out the entire congressional black caucus.

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2013, 08:13:26 pm »
She's been rewarded.  Obama presented her (and Clinton) with a Medal of Freedom Award today.
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline Cincinnatus

« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2013, 09:05:23 pm »
We need to hear more from people like him and less (none) from the Jackson/Sharpton ilk. 

Yep, but we won't because the Liberal MSM makes darn sure the Jesse Lee Petersons of the world receive no attention and any time race arises as an issue the Jackson/Shaprtons are the only voices the masses will be allowed to hear.
We shall never be abandoned by Heaven while we act worthy of its aid ~~ Samuel Adams

Offline olde north church

« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2013, 09:21:16 pm »
I used to watch Amos and Andy movies and it was remarkable how much better people lived under a separate but equal world.
Why?  Well, because I'm a bastard, that's why.

Offline andy58-in-nh

« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2013, 09:32:31 pm »
I used to watch Amos and Andy movies and it was remarkable how much better people lived under a separate but equal world.

In spite of odious discrimination against them, black people still had intact families, religious faith and moral values. Today, thanks to Progressivism, the black family has been destroyed, their faith decimated, and morality reduced to the law of the jungle in far too many black communities. How's that working out?
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline olde north church

« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2013, 09:42:53 pm »
In spite of odious discrimination against them, black people still had intact families, religious faith and moral values. Today, thanks to Progressivism, the black family has been destroyed, their faith decimated, and morality reduced to the law of the jungle in far too many black communities. How's that working out?

I remember when the riots hit Plainfield, NJ and Newark, NJ, even though I was about 6 or 7.  The cities never recovered.  I don't believe any city in the States has.
Why?  Well, because I'm a bastard, that's why.

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #8 on: November 20, 2013, 09:55:23 pm »
Gee...project much, Oprah?

Good thing for her I'm not running things.

I'd sterilize every person that depends on the government for housing and/or food stamps after 36 months.  And any male that looks at himself as only the sperm donor...impregnating multiple women and disappearing.

So...if you don't want to lose them....go find a friggin' job or "SNIP-SNIP"!

The irony....

Oprah should be honest and look at what a peaceful, respectful society the USA would be if we didn't have African-Americans.  "Period".   

"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

rangerrebew

« Reply #9 on: November 20, 2013, 10:03:57 pm »
I remember when the riots hit Plainfield, NJ and Newark, NJ, even though I was about 6 or 7.  The cities never recovered.  I don't believe any city in the States has.

Detroit did. :woohoo:

Offline Cincinnatus

« Reply #10 on: November 21, 2013, 12:08:34 am »

I recount this personal story with some chagrin and more than a bit of embarrassment.

When I was in the Army I was stationed in Korea. One night I was leaving a Quonset hut on base (Camp Kaiser, btw) when I overheard some guys yelling out some negative racial comments about blacks (yeah, I mean yelling; maybe they had been drinking). In any case I yelled back they should knock it off as I was from Los Angeles and we didn't go for that kind of behavior.

The next day the Watts riots broke out.  :silly:
We shall never be abandoned by Heaven while we act worthy of its aid ~~ Samuel Adams

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #11 on: November 21, 2013, 02:43:27 am »
[[ I used to watch Amos and Andy movies and it was remarkable how much better people lived under a separate but equal world. ]]

Let's go back to 1953.
The good and the bad.
No apologies.