Author Topic: Krauthammer on 2016: Every GOP’er Can Beat ‘Paper Tiger’ Hillary Clinton  (Read 788 times)

Offline Rapunzel

http://www.mediaite.com/online/krauthammer-on-2016-every-goper-can-beat-paper-tiger-hillary-clinton/

Krauthammer on 2016: Every GOP’er Can Beat ‘Paper Tiger’ Hillary Clinton
by Noah Rothman | 5:22 pm, November 19th, 2013 audio

Syndicated columnist Charles Krauthammer joined conservative radio host Hugh Hewitt on Tuesday where he was asked for his preliminary take on the 2016 presidential field. Krauthammer ran though the strengths and weaknesses of the most likely GOP candidates and observed that every possible contender could beat Hillary Clinton. “Hillary’s a paper tiger,” he declared.

Hewitt imposed a lighting round format on Krauthammer during the interview and asked for one word descriptions of the current likely field of presidential candidates heading into 2016.

Krauthammer called New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie a “frontrunner,” Ohio Gov. John Kasich “interesting” and “possible,” and Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker “young, ambitious,” and “brash.” The conservative columnist added, “I like him.”

Of Louisiana Gov. Bobby Jindal, Krauthammer said he was “very strong” and “could be a contender.”

“A lot of energy” and “a great orator,” Krauthammer said of Sen. Ted Cruz (R-TX). He was cautious about Sen. Marco Rubio’s (R-FL) political prospects who he said had been tarred by his pro-immigration reform advocacy.

Asked about Rep. Paul Ryan (R-WI), “I love the guy,” Krauthammer declared.

“He’s got courage,” he continued. “I think he might decide he can serve conservatism in the country best as House budget chairman, but if he runs he’d be a very strong choice.”

Krauthammer said that Rep. Rand Paul (R-KY) “represents a different kind of conservatism” which was not precisely his brand of conservatism. “I’ve always said that libertarianism was an indispensable as a critique of conservatism,” Krauthammer said. “I’m not sure if it’s a governing ideology.”

Turning to the Democratic field, Krauthammer said that “every single one” of the potential GOP candidates mentioned can beat Clinton in 2016.

“Hillary’s a paper tiger,” Krauthammer asserted. “I think she can win, of course, and I think she’ll get the nomination by acclamation for religious reasons – she’s worshiped by the Democrats – but I don’t think that translates necessarily.”

“The idea that she’s a shoo-in for the presidency I think is just ridiculously wrong,” he continued. “The hyperbole about her being Secretary of State – name me one thing she achieved in the four years? One?”
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Oceander

The GOP has a stunning record in recent years of snatching defeat from the jaws of victory, so i wouldn't be quite so sanguine.

Offline MBB1984

The trend in America is clearly to the left.  Obama's fiascos and ineptness may make the GOP a strong contender in 2016.  Hope it is not a temporary reversal, but fear it is.

Hillary is no paper tiger, however. Wish it were true, but reality and democrat cash and free media leads me to believe otherwise, unfortunately.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
The GOP has a stunning record in recent years of snatching defeat from the jaws of victory, so i wouldn't be quite so sanguine.
To his credit, Krauthammer said CAN, not WILL. Much like last time, when Hillary was also well ahead of the pack at this stage of the race, she remains vastly overrated-- and now she'll be eight years older (and looking every bit of it) and out of public life the past three. The Rose Garden strategy doesn't tend to work in presidential campaigns.

It will be up to the DNC and their minions to run a distraction campaign like they did in 2012 if they want to keep the White House. The RNC will have to be ready to quickly and thoroughly shoot down the attacks. It's difficult, but doable.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2013, 03:02:24 pm by jmyrlefuller »
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024