Author Topic: Woman Arrested 396 Times Seeks Turnaround  (Read 787 times)

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
Woman Arrested 396 Times Seeks Turnaround
« on: November 19, 2013, 05:45:42 pm »
Puts on best Indiana Jones voice: "Chicago. It had to be Chicago."

Via NBC: http://www.nbcchicago.com/news/local/Woman-Arrested-396-Times-Seeks-Turnaround-232505971.html

A Chicago woman who has been arrested hundreds of times says that after her latest release from jail she is determined to turn her life around.

Fifty-two-year-old Shermain Miles has been arrested 396 times in the past 35 years. Her offenses ranged from disorderly conduct and theft to attacking a City Council member.

In June, a judge sentenced her to time served after she agreed to get mental health and substance abuse treatment.

She was released Monday from the Logan Correctional Center in Lincoln.

On her train journey home, Miles said that she's not a bad person but that alcohol had turned her "into a monster."

She was headed Monday to a residential home for ex-inmates and says she's permanently given up drugs and alcohol.

Look - I hope she turns her life around. But being arrested nearly 400 times shows total dedication to being an idiot.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline andy58-in-nh

Re: Woman Arrested 396 Times Seeks Turnaround
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2013, 06:12:02 pm »
Puts on best Indiana Jones voice: "Chicago. It had to be Chicago."

Via NBC: http://www.nbcchicago.com/news/local/Woman-Arrested-396-Times-Seeks-Turnaround-232505971.html

Look - I hope she turns her life around. But being arrested nearly 400 times shows total dedication to being an idiot.

I would have guessed "Florida". Oh, well. Perhaps the 397th time's a charm...
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2013, 06:22:45 pm »
I would have guessed "Florida". Oh, well. Perhaps the 397th time's a charm...

You've been visiting Fark too long.  :laugh:
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline andy58-in-nh

« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2013, 06:49:29 pm »
You've been visiting Fark too long.  :laugh:

Parts of Florida are quite lovely. It's Paradise, really. Only with meth labs, pawn shops, and pit bulls. 
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn