Author Topic: Pat Caddell: Roots of Tea Party Revolt, Distrust of Govt in JFK Assassination  (Read 1088 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2013/11/18/Pat-Caddell-Roots-of-Tea-Party-Revolt-Bipartisan-Distrust-of-Institutions-in-JFK-Assassination

by Tony Lee 18 Nov 2013

On Breitbart News Sunday on Sirius XM Patriot channel 125, Fox News contributor Pat Caddell, who was one of President Jimmy Carter's top advisers, said John F. Kennedy's assassination not only damaged "the psyche of America," but also is when Americans started to lose trust in its institutions.

He said that distrust was "reaching levels beyond anything we've seen" on the right and the left today. Caddell said the Tea Party revolt and the disruptive forces on the left that distrust the "best and the brightest" have their roots in the Kennedy assassination

Speaking to host and Breitbart News Executive Chairman Stephen K. Bannon, Caddell said America after the JFK assassination was a country in which the self-sustaining myths about "who we are" was "shattered." He said Americans believed "we were a country of  laws and not bullets." But the assassination of Martin Luther King, Jr. and Robert F. Kennedy, in addition to Watergate, shattered those beliefs. Caddell also said Americans felt before Watergate that the president was "divinely" chosen and that the "office makes the man."

He also said the Warren Commission also did not help Americans trust its leaders. Caddell said people did not previously believe their leaders would lie to them, but data shows that after the Warren Commission, Americans started to believe the government was trying to "bamboozle" them.

Caddell mentioned that during Kennedy's time, "vast majorities said you could trust the government most of the time," while now vast majorities say "hardly ever." He said Americans no longer believed the "government reflected them" and that the "people were in charge."

"These are the lines that are drawn today," Caddell said. "It starts there. And you can track much of the alienation and discontent [to Kennedy's assassination]."

He said this is a "new phenomenon in America," and "now it is reaching levels beyond anything we've seen."

Caddell added that the country is so used to politicians "getting up with confessionals and soundbites" that they "forget the big ideas move a world and move a country."

He criticized "Obama's hope and change fraud" as "a Democrat who once wanted to believe him." Caddell said Obama's lie that Americans could keep their health insurance under Obamacare may ultimately destroy his presidency and legacy.

Caddell then noted that Kennedy was a "cold warrior" who "inspired millions" and believed in achieving peace through strength where America was the "watchman on the walls" of the world's freedom. Caddell said he was "excited to be an American" because of Kennedy. He added that Kennedy "inspired and energized the baby boom generation," but that idealism was "taken away" and "killed" when he was assassinated on 11/22/1963--when Caddell was 13 years of age.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

rangerrebew

He said that distrust was "reaching levels beyond anything we've seen" on the right and the left today. Caddell said the Tea Party revolt and the disruptive forces on the left that distrust the "best and the brightest" have their roots in the Kennedy assassination

How little he understands the history of America.  Judging by the name "Tea Party" it wouldn't be unfair to think the origin of the Tea Party of today was the Tea Party in Boston during the Revolution.  The distrust began, or should have begun, the minute the Constitution was ratified.  As James Madison, the architect, said no one should trust their freedom to someone else; the implication being never trust a political institution.  As Reagan said: "Trust but verify," which should have been the position of Americans all along.  Besides, he gives Kennedy far too much credit.  Surely the assassination of Lincoln was far more devastating to this country than was that of Kennedy.  Even Robert E. Lee sent condolences and wished everyone to know the Confederacy had nothing to do with it.  The south understood that reconstruction was coming,  an idiot, democrat drunkard was becoming President, and the consequences far beyond anything imaginable. It set Civil Rights back 100 years and wouldn't culminate until a year after Kennedy's assassination.

Offline katzenjammer

Caddell also said Americans felt before Watergate that the president was "divinely" chosen and that the "office makes the man."

Hmmm.  I usually find myself in (at least partial) agreement on a lot of what Caddell has to say.  This one is puzzling to me though.  I was old enough to be aware of other people's attitudes on this, and also to hold my own, prior to Watergate.  I can't say that I can recall anyone in my circle of family or friends that had that point of view about the POTUS.  The Pope, perhaps, but not POTUS.  (Maybe Pat grew up within a crowd of FDR worshippers!! lol)

rangerrebew

Hmmm.  I usually find myself in (at least partial) agreement on a lot of what Caddell has to say.  This one is puzzling to me though.  I was old enough to be aware of other people's attitudes on this, and also to hold my own, prior to Watergate.  I can't say that I can recall anyone in my circle of family or friends that had that point of view about the POTUS.  The Pope, perhaps, but not POTUS.  (Maybe Pat grew up within a crowd of FDR worshippers!! lol)

When George Washington was offered the position of King of America, he rejected it because the president was to come from the people, not some "divine" influence.  The tone was set in the beginning and this "divine" nonsense started with progressives and has hit full speed with Obama.

Offline katzenjammer

Something that brings a level of discomfort to me after reading the Caddell comments is the fact that he is probably very close to correct about the level of distrust and discontent across wide swaths of our population with regard to "government," BUT it doesn't seem that there is enough substance, determination, and character within these same swaths to actually do anything about it.  I guess that I am getting a bit frustrated at the fact that so many people are just so damn content to shrug their collective shoulders about how "bad" things are, and just "carry on" like there is nothing really amiss.   

And yes, I get it about people needing to focus on their own little worlds to a certain degree (I do too!).  And I get it that there is only so much "bad news" that anyone can process before feeling a bit crisp (I'm there too!).  And, as a man that has gratefully accepted Our Lord's Salvation Gift, I get it that I should always remember to keep my "eyes on the prize," even though it is difficult at times....  And I get it that I personally feel much better on a day to day basis when I focus on loved ones, being happy, and having fun...  BUT, I also get it that generations ago our forefathers would never accept and just shrug off this increasingly hardening tyranny (that we see in front of our faces on an almost daily basis) that has transformed our Republic to the point that it is almost unrecognizable in some senses.  And that is what pretty much pisses me off any time I take a few moments to think about it!!  /rant_off

Offline katzenjammer

When George Washington was offered the position of King of America, he rejected it because the president was to come from the people, not some "divine" influence.  The tone was set in the beginning and this "divine" nonsense started with progressives and has hit full speed with Obama.

Yes.  If I think about it a bit more, the only people that I can recall ever being close to buying into this "divine" nonsense are the worshippers of statists. 

Offline musiclady

Yes.  If I think about it a bit more, the only people that I can recall ever being close to buying into this "divine" nonsense are the worshippers of statists.

I think you caught it above when you referred to FDR.

That was worship of a hardcore statist/dictator by the ill-informed parts of the electorate.

It is the sole property of the left, not of the American people as a whole.

When a Republican President fails or disappoints, conservatives recognize it and hold him responsible.

The left holds no one accountable, least of all, Barack Obama.  He is the pinnacle of their idolatry.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Online rustynail

Proof to me that the Loyalists should have never been allowed to remain in the new country.