Author Topic: Michelle Obama Fundraises: 'You Can Write a Big Ol' Fat Check'  (Read 682 times)

Offline flowers

Michelle Obama Fundraises: 'You Can Write a Big Ol' Fat Check'
« on: November 18, 2013, 09:07:38 pm »
http://www.weeklystandard.com/blogs/michelle-obama-fundraises-you-can-write-big-ol-fat-check_767323.html

First Lady Michelle Obama is telling Democratic donors to pay. "t's simple, you can write a big ol' fat check," the first lady told Democrats at a fundraiser. "That's what we need you to do. Right now, write a big check -- big huge one --  write the biggest check you can possibly write. Take your frustration, your passion, your hope, and turn that into real meaningful support for leaders who will truly represent the people they serve."

Via the pool report:

FLOTUS spoke about the importance of electing a Congress to support her husband, alluded to the government shutdown, and invoked the narrow margin in the Senate to encourage the crowd to "max out."
"What happened last month reminded us that the folks we send to Washington make some decisions about very important issues, issues that affect our lives every single day," she said.
FLOTUS spoke about the importance of health insurance to her family and her father, who had MS, and said it helped give him the "dignity" of providing for their family.
She cited the recovery act, the Lily Ledbetter Act, and the Affordable Care Act -- "that's right, Obamacare" -- as important legislation that was passed by having a Democratic majority in Congress.
"Let's not forget that some of our most frustrating defeats happened for the exact same reason," she said, referencing the DREAM Act as one that failed "once by just five votes in the Senate, and once by just four," saying POTUS had to sign an executive order "to finally give these kids some relief."

"And let's not forget about that commonsense gun legislation, that so many of us feel so strongly about. Sadly as you know, that bill failed. Anyone know by how many votes? It failed by just six votes in the Senate. Six. So make no mistake about it: the midterm elections, they matter. They matter."
FLOTUS said there was something the crowd could do to make a "huge difference."
"And it's simple, you can write a big ol' fat check," she said, to laughs."That's what we need you to do. Right now, write a big check -- big huge one --  write the biggest check you can possibly write. Take your frustration, your passion, your hope, and turn that into real meaningful support for leaders who will truly represent the people they serve."
FLOTUS acknowledged possible donor fatigue, saying she understand if they were "a little bit annoyed that we're always hitting you up for some money." She encouraged the crowd to consider "some cold hard numbers that I think about every day," saying Democrats were just six seats away from losing the Senate.
And she encouraged women to overcome any aversion to asking others for money.
"I know as women there's nothing more uncomfortable than asking people for stuff," she said. "I hate doing this. I love you all, but I hate asking you guys for stuff, and I've gotten pretty good at it. We as women feel a little awkward asking for stuff, we feel a little embarrassed. To ask people for money, oh my goodness. But this is what I think when I start feeling shy -- I just want you to think about all those folks that are counting on us."
She said, "Now is the time to tap into the deep well of passion and compassion and strength that we all have as women. No one can do this better than us as women."
She called the candidates "the best this country has to offer," and said "we've got the right people, now we just need to roll up our sleeves and do the work, and I'm going to be there with you all and with these candidates every step of the way."
After the event, Lundergan Grimes walked passed pooler filing in the lobby, and was asked by a gentleman (not sure who), how things were going in Kentucky.
"Kickin' butt and takin' names," she said.
Klobuchar was stopped on her way out by a woman who said she saw the senator on television recently and was proud of her for being more combative than she used to be. Klobuchar posed for a picture with the woman and some friends.

Another classy moment brought to you by Mischeeellll.

Offline GourmetDan

Re: Michelle Obama Fundraises: 'You Can Write a Big Ol' Fat Check'
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2013, 10:02:57 pm »
First Lady Michelle Obama is telling Democratic donors to pay. "t's simple, you can write a big ol' fat check," the first lady told Democrats at a fundraiser. "That's what we need you to do. Right now, write a big check -- big huge one --  write the biggest check you can possibly write. Take your frustration, your passion, your hope, and turn that into real meaningful support for leaders who will truly represent the people they serve."

TV evangelists... take note...

"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." - Ecclesiastes 10:2

"The sole purpose of the Republican Party is to serve as an ineffective alternative to the Democrat Party." - GourmetDan

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2013, 11:43:48 pm »
No one knows "big ol' fat" like the Mooch.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Carling

« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2013, 03:46:44 am »
I'm surprised Michelle hasn't been paraded around to TV shows like The View and other Obama-friendly stages now that her husband finally was exposed to the masses as a liar and a fraud.

America "loves" her, remember??   :silly:
Trump has created a cult and looks more and more like Hitler every day.
-----------------------------------------------

Offline flowers

« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2013, 05:13:58 pm »
I'm surprised Michelle hasn't been paraded around to TV shows like The View and other Obama-friendly stages now that her husband finally was exposed to the masses as a liar and a fraud.

America "loves" her, remember??   :silly:
Maybe they are working on that. They also parade that dog, didn't get another? We haven't seen them for a while.