Author Topic: Zogby Report Card: Obama needs support, not GOP mockery, on health care 'fix'  (Read 810 times)

Offline flowers

http://washingtonexaminer.com/report-card-obama-needs-support-not-gop-mockery-on-health-care-fix/article/2539254

Pollster John Zogby reports in our weekly White House report card that President Obama’s health care program is still troubled, but he gets credit for taking ownership and trying to fix it.

"Forget about Iran and unemployment, this week was all about Obamacare and it was a ‘Fiddler on the Roof’ moment. As Tevye would say: 'Un da vun hand, but un da udda hand…'

“So we have the president admitting he broke his promise to Americans when he promised they could keep their plans. And the GOP gloated, mocked, preached doom and a failed presidency, and made a solemn vow to kill Obamacare. Democrats have started to bail and former President Bill Clinton resumed his quadrennial role as 'Communications Director' for Hillary.

“On the other hand, while the registration figures did not meet the administration’s goals, the numbers were pretty impressive to me, a guy who follows numbers. To date, 106,185 people have selected plans from the marketplace, 975,407 others have received an eligibility determination but have not yet selected a plan, and an additional 396,261 have been deemed eligible for Medicaid or the Children’s Health Insurance Program. These are people who will actually have decent health care coverage.

Offline happyg

To date, 106,185 people have selected plans from the marketplace, 975,407 others have received an eligibility determination but have not yet selected a plan, and an additional 396,261 have been deemed eligible for Medicaid or the Children’s Health Insurance Program. These are people who will actually have decent health care coverage.

What a bunch of BS! No one has paid for it, yet, so the numbers mean squat, except for the 396,261 who will get Medicaid, and who most likely already have it.

Offline Machiavelli

• Curmudgeon
  • Realist
"Mr. Obama took ownership and said he would fix the cancellation problem - giving the Democrats some cover. As for me, I don't doubt for a moment that the nation will survive if some Democrats lose in 2014 because they worked to fix the law. Anyone remember when some politicians were courageous?

"And, to the Republicans, the Constitution mandates Congress to make policy, not gloat and mock. Obamacare is after all a program originated under Republican former Massachusetts Gov. Mitt Romney that is being implemented by an African-American president that they love to hate..."

Thanks for playing the race card, Zogby, you bleep. I guess you're saying that if Obama were white, we on the Right would be supporting his policies.