Author Topic: Obama to meet insurers on Friday over health-care law fix: White House official  (Read 1122 times)

Offline flowers

http://www.straitstimes.com/breaking-news/world/story/obama-meet-insurers-friday-over-health-care-law-fix-white-house-official-2

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - United States President Barack Obama will meet insurance industry chief executives on Friday to discuss changes that he has proposed to his signature health-care law to address the outcry over insurance policy cancellations, a White House official said.

I didn't see this in the news today.

Offline Chieftain

• AMF, YOYO
  • Your what hurts??
First I've heard of it too.  The only question now is who wants to lynch Obama worse:  Insurance Executives or Red State Democrats??

Offline Rapunzel

Fox has been talking about it today and the Blaze, too.. so far haven't heard how it went.
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline Rapunzel

BTW it's with Aetna, Health net, and several others.. the Blues are not on the list.. which k found interesting since the benificiary of the abovementioned companies pulling out of states like Calif. Has been the Blues.
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline Lando Lincoln

In my world of wishes, I wish that...

The CEO's would collectively and unequivocally tell Obama to go to hell and walk out.

God, that even felt good typing that.
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Anyone hear what the outcome is?   Any word on the nature of Sparky's threats or the amount of his bribe?

Yeah, the most transparent administration in history.   :whistle:

Offline Rapunzel

Anyone hear what the outcome is?   Any word on the nature of Sparky's threats or the amount of his bribe?

Yeah, the most transparent administration in history.   :whistle:

They left via the backdoor of the WH

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
[[ Obama to meet insurers on Friday over health-care law fix: White House official ]]

"Wesley Mouch summons meeting with Hank Rearden and others to "instruct them" on how to fix the economy..."

(Also brings to mind the passage in the book where the Chief of State captures John Galt and holds him prisoner in the Waldorf Astoria, and offers him anything he wants if he will only tell "the Chief" what to do to "fix things"...)
« Last Edit: November 16, 2013, 03:47:39 am by Fishrrman »

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
[[ Obama to meet insurers on Friday over health-care law fix: White House official ]]

"Wesley Mouch summons meeting with Hank Rearden and others to "instruct them" on how to fix the economy..."

(Also brings to mind the passage in the book where the Chief of State captures John Galt and holds him prisoner in the Waldorf Astoria, and offers him anything he wants if he will only tell "the Chief" what to do to "fix things"...)

Excellent analogy!

Perfect in fact!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien