Author Topic: Congresswoman: We have no authority to question the EPA  (Read 658 times)

Offline flowers

Congresswoman: We have no authority to question the EPA
« on: November 15, 2013, 08:36:44 pm »
http://www.speroforum.com/a/WZKIKQWANA29/74558-Congresswoman-We-have-no-authority-to-question-the-EPA

During a congressional hearing with EPA Administrator Gina McCarthy, Democratic Congresswoman Donna Edwards (Maryland), claimed Congress has no authority to question the EPA's data and techniques.

"We've heard described on this committee and throughout the Congress, frankly, questions about EPA's reliance on faulty and secret science, questions about EPA's transparency and accountability.

"First of all, I want to thank you for the transparency and accountability the EPA has provided for the volumes of data and correspondence that this committee has received. And I'm just curious. Sometimes the correspondence asks for information. Sometimes for documents and data as evidenced by testimony, by questions here today.

"I'm a strong supporter of congressional authority but I really am concerned about whether we may be overstepping our authority in terms of what we're requiring of the agency. We're just one committee of