Author Topic: Democratic senator decries MSNBC’s anti-Obamacare bias [VIDEO]  (Read 998 times)

Offline Rapunzel

Democratic senator decries MSNBC’s anti-Obamacare bias [VIDEO]
« on: November 15, 2013, 02:11:52 am »
http://dailycaller.com/2013/11/14/democratic-senator-decries-msnbcs-anti-obamacare-bias-video/

Democratic senator decries MSNBC’s anti-Obamacare bias [VIDEO]

Posted By Jeff Poor On 4:09 PM 11/14/2013

Democratic Sen. Chris Murphy went on the offensive against the media Thursday regarding the coverage of the initial rollout of Obamacare.

On Thursday’s broadcast of MSNBC’s “NewsNation” with host Tamron Hall, Murphy said the media is ignoring the good stories caused by Obamacare.

“Well, listen, again, I think what the president proposed here essentially fixes the problem. I just wish we were spending as much time talking about the enormous successes with this law’s implementation,” Murphy said. “In Connecticut, we are far above our initial goals for enrollment in the first month. We have people that are celebrating the fact that for the first time ever they are able to afford insurance, that sick people that had been denied by the insurance companies now finally are going to get treatment for their diseases and illnesses. That’s the real story here, and I think the president has taken care of this issue, and I trust if other ones come up the president will be just as quick to try to do something about it.”

Hall countered Murphy by pointing out that Connecticut is an exception to what is going on around the country. Murphy countered that the media is choosing headlines that aren’t as favorable to the Obamacare cause, and he included MSNBC in that group.

HALL: But to your point, Connecticut is the only state in the country in which more people have applied for private coverage than Medicaid through the health insurance exchange. We learned that on Tuesday. With that said, Connecticut, you and I both know, an exception to the rule right now. And I think you make a fair point regarding the number of people who are impacted by the cancellations. I think it is an added pressure. If the website were up and running effectively, this would certainly be an issue, the cancellations, but not the headline. When you’re looking at a one-two punch, it is easy for people and perhaps rightfully so to lose confidence in what’s happening regarding ACA.

MURPHY: No, you guys decide the headlines, not us. I just think that ultimately we should be telling the stories —

HALL: Well, I don’t think that’s true, with all due respect. I mean, I didn’t ask Sen. Landrieu to propose legislation. I didn’t ask any of your colleagues for Democrats to go on radio and anonymously be quoted in newspaper articles and everywhere else, expressing their concern. So I don’t think that’s a fair assessment of me personally. So, I’m simply asking you, you’re absolutely right, context is everything, but I, the media, did not create these problems.

MURPHY: No, I just don’t think there has been enough context with respect to all the people who are enjoying a transformation in terms of their health care.

HALL: What about all the people who have not been able to because the website is not working? What about those people?

MURPHY: And listen, I’m in the denying that that’s an issue here. It’s unacceptable the website isn’t up and running. Again, context is important.
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline happyg

Re: Democratic senator decries MSNBC’s anti-Obamacare bias [VIDEO]
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2013, 03:34:24 am »
What a switch! The democrats are so spoiled by the MSM, that the first bit of criticism drives them crazy. I hope they suffer dearly!